The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

liveevil

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2009
Messages
637
Reaction score
29
Shampoo everyday. Cant possibly sleep with wax/clay on your hair. I think it might cause acnes.
 

xeonboy

Banned
Joined
Apr 8, 2002
Messages
16,874
Reaction score
7,290
Just wondering if anyone has used this Dove Hair Therapy Intense Repair conditioner before:
Product-Detail_Hair-Care_11150_Hair_Intensive_Repair_Shampoo_lrg439-111670.png


I switched from Loreal to this, but when hair dries after washing with this Dove conditioner, the hair feels really hard n dry.....conditioner are supposed to make hair smooth n have that silky feel right? Wonder if this is normal. The Loreal one didn't have this problem.
 

blurblur123

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
55,196
Reaction score
1,329
I might be wrong but are you referring to undercut instead of uppercut? Uppercut is a name of a brand actually. So if my guess is correct and you are referring to undercut, then you can consider vantachi clay or ebl taste Matt finish clay. Both would be suitable for undercut. In fact there are a lot of products out there, such as gold digger or dynamite clay, that are suitable with undercut because it exists almost everywhere. :)

You should be zooming into further details to identify details such as hold and shine and wash ability, since you are not going after hairstyles which are more product-specific such as slickback or even Mohawk.

Upper cut lol
Dynamite Clay. Claymation is lol

hehe I saw david beckham hairstyle using tt claymation ma... hokay, me gonna try dynamite clay... my hair quite long le...
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
hehe I saw david beckham hairstyle using tt claymation ma... hokay, me gonna try dynamite clay... my hair quite long le...

Hoot from me lor.
Claymation. Good for ang moh hair in their country, I think Haha some ang moh also bash claymation
Pls la Beckham. Use water also more yandao than all of us here.
Lol
 

blurblur123

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
55,196
Reaction score
1,329
Hoot from me lor.
Claymation. Good for ang moh hair in their country, I think Haha some ang moh also bash claymation
Pls la Beckham. Use water also more yandao than all of us here.
Lol

really ar? as in the ang moh also bash claymation? i watched youtube videos about claymation previously... looks not bad... tt why i bought it ma...

yeah beckham so yandao :(

yeah i planning to buy from u :p wait till my next month pay... hehe...

so can just apply straight and then blow dry right?
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
really ar? as in the ang moh also bash claymation? i watched youtube videos about claymation previously... looks not bad... tt why i bought it ma...

yeah beckham so yandao :(

yeah i planning to buy from u :p wait till my next month pay... hehe...

so can just apply straight and then blow dry right?

haha okok. noooo. blow then use the clay.
if you best effect with quiff.
use sidekick pre styling spray, blow dry with it. create max volume and shape.
style with dynamite clay.

my go to kit everyday now
 

Hikigaya

Junior Member
Joined
May 19, 2015
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Hey guys, is it possible to style a slicked back undercut if I have a natural centre parting?

Tried styling my hair backwards a few times to judge how I would look like with the haircut, but my hair starts to split in the centre after a few seconds.

Any advice/recommendations? :S
 

dark_aLLeY

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2008
Messages
48,030
Reaction score
143
Any recommended stylist for Matsui Hair Studio?

I used to engaged Apple's service. Of cos the boss, a 1/2 Jap, is the director.

Hey guys, is it possible to style a slicked back undercut if I have a natural centre parting?

Tried styling my hair backwards a few times to judge how I would look like with the haircut, but my hair starts to split in the centre after a few seconds.

Any advice/recommendations? :S

Yes, absolutely possible. You'd probably need product like pomade to hold your hair slicked back. I'd recommend water based pomade for easy washing off.

 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
Hey guys, is it possible to style a slicked back undercut if I have a natural centre parting?

Tried styling my hair backwards a few times to judge how I would look like with the haircut, but my hair starts to split in the centre after a few seconds.

Any advice/recommendations? :S

Show your hair length or hair texture?
Pomade may or may not help at all. especially water based pomade. If your hair is stubborn.
What product are you using now?
So you haven't got a haircut yet but just trying to see if it fits?
I would suggest you to get a new haircut first then try to find a product that fits.

Pls don't go to $50 hyped up gentlemen Barber when you can get the same hair cut for less unless you have cash to burn. Haha
 
Last edited:

Hikigaya

Junior Member
Joined
May 19, 2015
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Yes, absolutely possible. You'd probably need product like pomade to hold your hair slicked back. I'd recommend water based pomade for easy washing off.


Show your hair length or hair texture?
Pomade may or may not help at all. especially water based pomade. If your hair is stubborn.
What product are you using now?
So you haven't got a haircut yet but just trying to see if it fits?
I would suggest you to get a new haircut first then try to find a product that fits.

Pls don't go to $50 hyped up gentlemen Barber when you can get the same hair cut for less unless you have cash to burn. Haha

I have very straight hair with fine strands. My fringe length is around 7cm (measuring from the starting point at the hairline). And yes, my hair is quite stubborn. :S

I have only tried Gatsby (Purple) so far.

Any recommendations on where to get the haircut? Possibly in the North-East/East area?
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
I have very straight hair with fine strands. My fringe length is around 7cm (measuring from the starting point at the hairline). And yes, my hair is quite stubborn. :S

I have only tried Gatsby (Purple) so far.

Any recommendations on where to get the haircut? Possibly in the North-East/East area?
Not enough long. I think you need longer hair. To achieve comb back with pomade.
Is your fringe touch your brows or eyes?
 

deaththeorist

Master Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2011
Messages
3,480
Reaction score
0
I have very straight hair with fine strands. My fringe length is around 7cm (measuring from the starting point at the hairline). And yes, my hair is quite stubborn. :S

I have only tried Gatsby (Purple) so far.

Any recommendations on where to get the haircut? Possibly in the North-East/East area?

7cm from hairline. like this?

snafu-hachiman.jpg
 

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
I have very straight hair with fine strands. My fringe length is around 7cm (measuring from the starting point at the hairline). And yes, my hair is quite stubborn. :S

I have only tried Gatsby (Purple) so far.

Any recommendations on where to get the haircut? Possibly in the North-East/East area?

Fringe length info w/o forehead height info is not meaningful. Espec 7cm
 

Hikigaya

Junior Member
Joined
May 19, 2015
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Not enough long. I think you need longer hair. To achieve comb back with pomade.
Is your fringe touch your brows or eyes?

It is touching my eyes, but the fringe towards one side is slightly below eyebrow as it is asymmetrical.

7cm from hairline. like this?

LOL.

Fringe length info w/o forehead height info is not meaningful. Espec 7cm

My forehead height is approx 5cm. My bad for missing out that info.
 

dj_flame

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2009
Messages
1,022
Reaction score
0
Just some insight as to how hair naturally behaves.

I recently gave up on styling a part into my hair, rather with my current hair, a natural 2:8 ratio forms on the left side, so I now just work product into my hair and toss everything back with my fingers.

This is how my hair looks like this morning (By vilian Blow + Dynamite Clay):
20.05.15_zpsfnxcju0b.jpg~original


As you can see, there is already a part forming on the left side of my head.

After 30 mins or so, the volume drops and the part becomes more obvious as the hair strands fall down. It's not ideal, since I like my hair to be "poofier" but I live with it. Why? My hair is obvious not long enough, the longest strands only reach the top third of my nose.

So i will just be patient and live with less than ideal hair for the time being.

As to the guy asking for advice, I assume slick back undercut means something like:

tumblr_ngzo7zDpjh1tzyq5vo1_1280.jpg


You mentioned your hair naturally want to center part. Well, you certainly can manipulate the parameters by blow drying and using product, but judging from what i seen, hair barely past your eyes is no where near enough to do a proper slick back.

Look at the above, his hair is definitely longer than what you have described so far.

My recommendation is to join me in growing those strands out :D
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top