The Visionaire EC

Ehelpers

Junior Member
Joined
May 2, 2016
Messages
60
Reaction score
0
Agreed, don't think can make any money from the new purchase. More for staying 😊

EC is to buy to stay. For those whose main aim is to buy and sell to earn a huge profit, you might be disappointed.

The recent cap for buying EC is $14k which is why a lot of people can start buying compare to the $10k many years back. Although i don't have the data on hand, how many SG couples actually earn more than $14k? And why will those earn less than $14k want to buy the EC from you when they can buy the new EC at a discounted price? Don't take me wrong, I am not saying there won't be but the question is how many?

Sell to the foreigner? Remember the intake of FT is going to stay low or growth at a slower rate when comparing to the last 20 years.

Also now SG is a developed country. Unlike in the past when GDP growth by double digit, currently the GDP growth less than 2%. Hitting a GDP growth rate at 5% in normal time seems difficult liao.

So don't look at EC as a tool to earn big money. Just be happy and stay in it.
 

grix17

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2010
Messages
667
Reaction score
0
The recent cap for buying EC is $14k which is why a lot of people can start buying compare to the $10k many years back. Although i don't have the data on hand, how many SG couples actually earn more than $14k? And why will those earn less than $14k want to buy the EC from you when they can buy the new EC at a discounted price? Don't take me wrong, I am not saying there won't be but the question is how many?

Sorry, just to clarify - isn't the 14k income ceiling only for new ECs? Not resale right ..
 

Oni_Sim

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2016
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
http://www.theedgeproperty.com.sg/content/avoid-worst-time-sell-your-hdb

Should I regret ? I discussed with my hubby if we can't sell off our HDB at current market rate during 2018, we might forfeited the 5%. Ya EC is jus for staying no longer for investment. Nevertheless, we r near MRT I believe demand should b better then others. Guys pls give your value tot how u guys going to deal with this hard time? To sell of now or later? How much we getting if we sell of to HDB.
 

asky2505

Master Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2011
Messages
2,860
Reaction score
201
http://www.theedgeproperty.com.sg/content/avoid-worst-time-sell-your-hdb

Should I regret ? I discussed with my hubby if we can't sell off our HDB at current market rate during 2018, we might forfeited the 5%. Ya EC is jus for staying no longer for investment. Nevertheless, we r near MRT I believe demand should b better then others. Guys pls give your value tot how u guys going to deal with this hard time? To sell of now or later? How much we getting if we sell of to HDB.
Think no need to go to the extent of selling to hdb. Esp if your unit is near to mrt. If u have alternative place to stay if you sell off earlier then you can consider to sell in end 2017.
Another to consider is will there be many units in your estate selling at ard the same time? Any unique selling pts for your hdb?

Sent from sibeh sianz using GAGT
 

hongge

Senior Member
Joined
May 22, 2005
Messages
2,301
Reaction score
261
This is what I am considering, when my flat mop next year, I will try to sell first and move back to parent's place till the ec is ready to move in.

I am not concern with not getting choice unit as my choice units were all sold.
 

grix17

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2010
Messages
667
Reaction score
0
http://www.theedgeproperty.com.sg/content/avoid-worst-time-sell-your-hdb

Should I regret ? I discussed with my hubby if we can't sell off our HDB at current market rate during 2018, we might forfeited the 5%. Ya EC is jus for staying no longer for investment. Nevertheless, we r near MRT I believe demand should b better then others. Guys pls give your value tot how u guys going to deal with this hard time? To sell of now or later? How much we getting if we sell of to HDB.

Many EC upgraders are in the same boat. If you are near the MRT station, this should not be a big problem. Also, it depends on where your fellow upgraders are living now. Sengkang & Punggol have an overwhelming number of new ECs so the oversupply may come from there.

Which is your EC and which MRT station is your HDB near?
 

Oni_Sim

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2016
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Think no need to go to the extent of selling to hdb. Esp if your unit is near to mrt. If u have alternative place to stay if you sell off earlier then you can consider to sell in end 2017.
Another to consider is will there be many units in your estate selling at ard the same time? Any unique selling pts for your hdb?

Sent from sibeh sianz using GAGT

Hi sorry abt the misleading of my message. Am referring the EC that we purchase is near MRT not current HDB. Am staying at North and ours is LRT. That why am worried that the demand of our HDB might not b there during EC TOP and will face problem is selling.
 

Liuliu101

Junior Member
Joined
May 31, 2016
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
comparing stack 44, 45 and 64

dear all, just google and found out this forum about the Visionaries EC, went to show room over the weekend and prefer the C6 design, now is struggling among he stack 44, 45, and 64. available levels seems 5 and below. any good advises? Thanks very much.
I prefer the more quiet stacks such as 64 while wife seems ok with the stack 44 and 45.

I went onsite on Sunday afternoon and seems the west sun quite strong, not sure the north stacks will help block some part of the west sun. wife did not like the west sun and considering the south face units only.
 

thecrucible

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
what do you all think about stack 28? the one with the study room but no utility.

I like the layout of a 3 bedroom + study as if provides a large living room feel. That's if you're alright not having a store room, which I am. In terms of location, it kind of faces the tennis court and substation of brownstone to the left. The units are quite close together, so you may not get any privacy. I went down to the actual site and the substation location is very close to presumably where stack 28 is going to be built in terms of distance. Why not consider other 3 bedroom + study like 42/39?

dear all, just google and found out this forum about the Visionaries EC, went to show room over the weekend and prefer the C6 design, now is struggling among he stack 44, 45, and 64. available levels seems 5 and below. any good advises? Thanks very much.
I prefer the more quiet stacks such as 64 while wife seems ok with the stack 44 and 45.

I went onsite on Sunday afternoon and seems the west sun quite strong, not sure the north stacks will help block some part of the west sun. wife did not like the west sun and considering the south face units only.

44/45 are good stacks in my opinion, if you can get over the inclusion of the number 4. They're pool facing which at floors 4/5 would be pretty good if that's what you want. They're also not as narrow as some of the stacks that are more inwards away from the mrt track. My only concern about 64 is that it's near the drop-off point, which may create a bit of noise as well as the guardhouse.
 
Last edited:

KittyTrix

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2013
Messages
76
Reaction score
0
I like the layout of a 3 bedroom + study as if provides a large living room feel. That's if you're alright not having a store room, which I am. In terms of location, it kind of faces the tennis court and substation of brownstone to the left. The units are quite close together, so you may not get any privacy. I went down to the actual site and the substation location is very close to presumably where stack 28 is going to be built in terms of distance. Why not consider other 3 bedroom + study like 42/39?

Thank you! I did look at 42/39 however they are facing the main road. i went down and the road seems relatively crowded. plus with the addition of the sports hub opposite, there could potentially be more traffic?

Indeed it is a bit near to the substation but I was thinking with the distance in between (yoga space and trees), perhaps it wouldn't be so bad.

On my part 28 sounds like a nice number and the study room could "override" the need for a utility room however there are some bad aspects to it as well- tennis court of brownstone, distance to track etc.
 

Oni_Sim

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2016
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
I like the layout of a 3 bedroom + study as if provides a large living room feel. That's if you're alright not having a store room, which I am. In terms of location, it kind of faces the tennis court and substation of brownstone to the left. The units are quite close together, so you may not get any privacy. I went down to the actual site and the substation location is very close to presumably where stack 28 is going to be built in terms of distance. Why not consider other 3 bedroom + study like 42/39?



44/45 are good stacks in my opinion, if you can get over the inclusion of the number 4. They're pool facing which at floors 4/5 would be pretty good if that's what you want. They're also not as narrow as some of the stacks that are more inwards away from the mrt track. My only concern about 64 is that it's near the drop-off point, which may create a bit of noise as well as the guardhouse.

Can consider have the S as store room instead study room if u need store room? Am lazy to clean 3 toilets since 2 toilets work fine for me . 😬😜
 

thecrucible

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Thank you! I did look at 42/39 however they are facing the main road. i went down and the road seems relatively crowded. plus with the addition of the sports hub opposite, there could potentially be more traffic?

Indeed it is a bit near to the substation but I was thinking with the distance in between (yoga space and trees), perhaps it wouldn't be so bad.

On my part 28 sounds like a nice number and the study room could "override" the need for a utility room however there are some bad aspects to it as well- tennis court of brownstone, distance to track etc.

I agree that the road thing could be a problem but it's a small road nonetheless. Guess you'll have to decide how much that'll affect you. I chose 39 because it would actually have a view if you pick a high enough floor (>7) since we know that it'll be a sports hub in the future. If I'm not wrong 42 still has higher floors. Yeah if you're alright with the distance then def get 28. The only worry is that the tennis courts might be lit up till late or noisy.

I had the same idea about the study! Or otherwise I'd add storage space into my interior design (e.g. Instead of a bed frame, build a wooden frame with pull out drawers)
 

KittyTrix

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2013
Messages
76
Reaction score
0
I agree that the road thing could be a problem but it's a small road nonetheless. Guess you'll have to decide how much that'll affect you. I chose 39 because it would actually have a view if you pick a high enough floor (>7) since we know that it'll be a sports hub in the future. If I'm not wrong 42 still has higher floors. Yeah if you're alright with the distance then def get 28. The only worry is that the tennis courts might be lit up till late or noisy.

I had the same idea about the study! Or otherwise I'd add storage space into my interior design (e.g. Instead of a bed frame, build a wooden frame with pull out drawers)

Congrats on your unit! I think 39/42 are more expensive compared to 28. Pricing is also a factor for me. :s13: I'll be going down to the showflat this weekend so I'll see if the agent can offer me any good deals. Thank you!
 

thecrucible

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Congrats on your unit! I think 39/42 are more expensive compared to 28. Pricing is also a factor for me. :s13: I'll be going down to the showflat this weekend so I'll see if the agent can offer me any good deals. Thank you!

Haha I hope you get a good deal too! Good luck and hopefully we'll be Neighbours :)
 

asky2505

Master Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2011
Messages
2,860
Reaction score
201
dear all, just google and found out this forum about the Visionaries EC, went to show room over the weekend and prefer the C6 design, now is struggling among he stack 44, 45, and 64. available levels seems 5 and below. any good advises? Thanks very much.
I prefer the more quiet stacks such as 64 while wife seems ok with the stack 44 and 45.

I went onsite on Sunday afternoon and seems the west sun quite strong, not sure the north stacks will help block some part of the west sun. wife did not like the west sun and considering the south face units only.
45 is more ideal as 44 will Blk e mrt track noise and it's furthest from e oppo units. Waterfall and pool view. I nearly bought it but my agent screwed it up.
64 will kana West sun at the external side walls on e mbr side. Will hear car noise from the small road(Canberra drive), the major road just behind and the drop off pt. That's why it's one of the cheapest c6 stack.

Sent from sibeh sianz using GAGT
 
Last edited:

DarkAlucard

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2008
Messages
82
Reaction score
0
Sorry to ask, how to know where is the rubbish chute? Is it the pointed one that shown in the site plan?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top