The Watch Thread - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

slow_mo

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
6,503
Reaction score
10
Even for automatic rolex watches... the mfg instruction for winding and time adjustments are as follows:

1) shake the watch a couple of times. The second's hand should start moving.
2) unscrew the crown and wind the watch about 15 to 20 times.
3) adjust your hour and minutes hands accordingly
4) screw back the crown fully
5)you're ready to enjoy your rolex

Note A: For watches with day, date features, avoid adjusting the time between 9/10 o'clock to 2/3 o'clock range, as this might damage the watch mechanisms for the day/ date features.

Note B: best to read the user instruction manual provided and follow the "Care and maintenance guide" given by the mfger.

Didn't know that the second hand has to start moving before time adjustment! 😱

Heng that I always like to see the second hand move before adjusting time!
 

yattokame

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2013
Messages
5,335
Reaction score
0
Learnt new lowball tactic today..

Find USD website and lowball people saying the USD price lower than asking SGD price and hope people believe my BS.

might as well show them the JPY selling price and tell them elsewhere selling so much higher lol
 

jonleelk

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,122
Reaction score
97
Didn't know that the second hand has to start moving before time adjustment! 😱

Heng that I always like to see the second hand move before adjusting time!

I also normally adjust time first then wind 10 turns for my fully stopped automatic. Had to send one watch back for servicing due to lubricant dried up. Heng under warranty.

Once received a new Stowa automatic. Same adjust timing then manually wind up until FULL. 3 days later found the watch stopped even when it is in a winder. Had to send back for warranty repair.

Today then I know the correct procedure. :eek: Luckily most of my automatic are in winder. =:p
 

edchys

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2007
Messages
5,274
Reaction score
754
EvdBNyMl.jpg

rJe2RCCl.jpg

Da9S96sl.jpg

Me.

Sent from Huawei NEXUS 6P using GAGT
 

Emospence

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
38,419
Reaction score
48
Even for automatic rolex watches... the mfg instruction for winding and time adjustments are as follows:

1) shake the watch a couple of times. The second's hand should start moving.
2) unscrew the crown and wind the watch about 15 to 20 times.
3) adjust your hour and minutes hands accordingly
4) screw back the crown fully
5)you're ready to enjoy your rolex

Note A: For watches with day, date features, avoid adjusting the time between 9/10 o'clock to 2/3 o'clock range, as this might damage the watch mechanisms for the day/ date features.

Note B: best to read the user instruction manual provided and follow the "Care and maintenance guide" given by the mfger.

Oh? Must shake to let it start moving before winding? Learned something new..
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
Didn't know that the second hand has to start moving before time adjustment! 😱

Heng that I always like to see the second hand move before adjusting time!

Actually it's not a must.
I think he might have over wound the watch somehow
 

yes1705

Master Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2004
Messages
3,173
Reaction score
0
Yes1705.... send your watch for servicing.

By setting the time on your eta 2824-2 movt not according to the manufacturer's instructions, you might have spoilt the clutch lever which gives the owner that "physical feedback" whenever he/she winds up the crown.

Even for automatic rolex watches... the mfg instruction for winding and time adjustments are as follows:

1) shake the watch a couple of times. The second's hand should start moving.
2) unscrew the crown and wind the watch about 15 to 20 times.
3) adjust your hour and minutes hands accordingly
4) screw back the crown fully
5)you're ready to enjoy your rolex

Note A: For watches with day, date features, avoid adjusting the time between 9/10 o'clock to 2/3 o'clock range, as this might damage the watch mechanisms for the day/ date features.

Note B: best to read the user instruction manual provided and follow the "Care and maintenance guide" given by the mfger.

Didn't know that the second hand has to start moving before time adjustment! 😱

Heng that I always like to see the second hand move before adjusting time!

I also normally adjust time first then wind 10 turns for my fully stopped automatic. Had to send one watch back for servicing due to lubricant dried up. Heng under warranty.

Once received a new Stowa automatic. Same adjust timing then manually wind up until FULL. 3 days later found the watch stopped even when it is in a winder. Had to send back for warranty repair.

Today then I know the correct procedure. :eek: Luckily most of my automatic are in winder. =:p

Actually it's not a must.
I think he might have over wound the watch somehow

Thanks for the suggestions and input. Overwind, probably not the case. Because I always stop winding right after I hear the first click of the gear clutch I encounter.

I suspect rather is the mainspring winding mechanism is not working properly because I had set the time first on my fully stopped automatic watch then I manually wound it up. My mainspring may not be fully wound even though I encounter the gear clutch.

Yah, I would have to bring in the watch to have it checked soon.

Now I monitor the power reserve capacity see if it runs at least 24 hours on a "fully wound" sitting idle. It is 12 hours since I sat the watch idle.
 

mpcdude

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2014
Messages
1,325
Reaction score
0
Anyone aiming to hoot a Pelagos LHD? Seeing more and more ppl hoot this watch in WUS and Rolexforums. Very tempting the more I see it...
 

Pagani_Z0nda

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2008
Messages
954
Reaction score
0
Anyone aiming to hoot a Pelagos LHD? Seeing more and more ppl hoot this watch in WUS and Rolexforums. Very tempting the more I see it...

I considering. But need to wait next year as agent having a rest for this winter.

Unless you wanna pay above retail. MBS Tudor selling one for $7500 with serial no. 9.

I saw one on sgroc fb as well, same above retail.
 
Last edited:

mpcdude

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2014
Messages
1,325
Reaction score
0
I considering. But need to wait next year as agent having a rest for this winter.

Unless you wanna pay above retail. MBS Tudor selling one for $7500 with serial no. 9.

I saw one on sgroc fb as well, same above retail.

Wah boutique allowed to sell above retail? I thought it's same price as SRP of the current Pelly.
 

Pagani_Z0nda

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2008
Messages
954
Reaction score
0
Wah boutique allowed to sell above retail? I thought it's same price as SRP of the current Pelly.

Cos the actual bulk stock will reach only next year feb.

Even the black bay bronze is selling higher than retail lol.

Current Pelagos only $6048. So either wait or try ur luck oversea
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top