Thread all abt ROLEX - Part 2

C4l3b

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2021
Messages
662
Reaction score
318
Once they start offering minimum sub D, we know they are getting desperate. It’s payback time..
Aiyo.. they are running a business after all. If they start offering sports models, those with spending power will start to flock to the boutiques perhaps. By that scenario, probably a bad recession, few would bother to look at luxury watches except the unaffected
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
Once they start offering minimum sub D, we know they are getting desperate. It’s payback time..
I dun get why its called “payback time”. I know many people are disgusted with AD way of requiring prior purchase history before a sports model allocation, but I genuinely felt that it’s a reasonable system. If they start offering Sub without prior purchase history needed, then it’s just back to the old days before 2018. I don’t regard that as a desperate move. It’s just to meet the needs of the evolving luxury market. If this happens, it is also likely that grey prices will be lower than retail
 

official_t_atelier

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2022
Messages
569
Reaction score
643
Aiyo.. they are running a business after all. If they start offering sports models, those with spending power will start to flock to the boutiques perhaps. By that scenario, probably a bad recession, few would bother to look at luxury watches except the unaffected
Perhaps those with spending power already have gotten most watches..with so much stocks and a poor economy looming AD would have to play the game differently. Perhaps those who have waited patiently may get their chance finally..
 

C4l3b

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2021
Messages
662
Reaction score
318
Perhaps those with spending power already have gotten most watches..with so much stocks and a poor economy looming AD would have to play the game differently. Perhaps those who have waited patiently may get their chance finally..
Depends I guess.. for thg it’s a fair allocation system. So with spending power we still have to wait for things like sprite or those highly popular sports models that need big spending history.. but those waiting patiently with no history for sub d I think probably possible.
 

official_t_atelier

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2022
Messages
569
Reaction score
643
I dun get why its called “payback time”. I know many people are disgusted with AD way of requiring prior purchase history before a sports model allocation, but I genuinely felt that it’s a reasonable system. If they start offering Sub without prior purchase history needed, then it’s just back to the old days before 2018. I don’t regard that as a desperate move. It’s just to meet the needs of the evolving luxury market. If this happens, it is also likely that grey prices will be lower than retail
I am not disgusted with my AD. In fact, I have a cordial relationship with them. During my journey in supporting them, I had made a couple of mistakes resulting in poor outcome on some of my collections, so it's time to be in a better position and more bargaining power. As much as they have a system to use for their advantages, market forces can favor us as well.
 

bwaysaikryptonite

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 20, 2008
Messages
14,234
Reaction score
2,202
I dun get why it’s called “payback time”. I know many people are disgusted with AD way of requiring prior purchase history before a sports model allocation, but I genuinely felt that it’s a reasonable system. If they start offering Sub without prior purchase history needed, then it’s just back to the old days before 2018. I don’t regard that as a desperate move. It’s just to meet the needs of the evolving luxury market. If this happens, it is also likely that grey prices will be lower than retail

when grey prices below retail…suddenly chiu will see those peepur tat used to chase and beg AD for these watches suddenly notch interested already lol…cos why?
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
I dun get why its called “payback time”. I know many people are disgusted with AD way of requiring prior purchase history before a sports model allocation, but I genuinely felt that it’s a reasonable system. If they start offering Sub without prior purchase history needed, then it’s just back to the old days before 2018. I don’t regard that as a desperate move. It’s just to meet the needs of the evolving luxury market. If this happens, it is also likely that grey prices will be lower than retail
prior to 2016. hahahaha when that happens, you won't want to buy liao cause no hype and no appreciation value.
humans LOL
 

Thenewatchmen

Banned
Joined
Oct 10, 2022
Messages
482
Reaction score
522
Let’s hope grey price falls. I really don’t understand why would people buy a second hand one , don’t even know what other modifications may have been done to the watch.
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
prior to 2016. hahahaha when that happens, you won't want to buy liao cause no hype and no appreciation value.
humans LOL
I bought the GMT Master II from the AD in 2015 when there is no hype. On the day I bought it, I saw a customer walk in and got the Hulk on the spot. Haha. Those were the days
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
Now is no bundle no talk..
yeap. lol all i do is call and ask if its available, the SA say yes and 15% max discount.
friend went down and pick up a ym blue, within hours

wonder why back then nobody wants it and now everyone wants it
Rolex made the same amount of watches every year.

LOL
 

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
23,202
Reaction score
80
Let’s hope grey price falls. I really don’t understand why would people buy a second hand one , don’t even know what other modifications may have been done to the watch.
Fears of modifications sure, how many ppl do modified watches? or really how many used watches modified?

prices below retail helps preown. When it’s on your wrist who knows you get it preown…
 

official_t_atelier

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2022
Messages
569
Reaction score
643
Fears of modifications sure, how many ppl do modified watches? or really how many used watches modified?

prices below retail helps preown. When it’s on your wrist who knows you get it preown…
If buy from private sellers, very unlikely they will modify yr parts. When you buy preown, you buy the seller.
And some models are discontinued, how to buy from AD??
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top