Thread all abt ROLEX - Part 2

FirstPeak6111

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2022
Messages
53
Reaction score
23
Hi all, thinking of getting my soon-to-be wife a lady datejust 28mm/31mm (ref: M279174-0003 / M278274-0030). I dont exactly have a purchase history with THG. Any idea if there would even be a chance of getting called? Or a "journey" is still required. TYIA :)
 

chows99

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2001
Messages
1,805
Reaction score
107
What dial combination r u looking at?

Ladies watch can be obtained with no relationship but it's not easy to get the exact model u want
 

FirstPeak6111

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2022
Messages
53
Reaction score
23
What dial combination r u looking at?

Ladies watch can be obtained with no relationship but it's not easy to get the exact model u want

m279174-0003_modelpage_on_wrist_portrait.jpg
m278274-0030_modelpage_on_wrist_portrait.jpg

I see.. I was looking at these two (28mm/31mm) , less than 15k hahah. just thought it would be a nice wedding gift. thanks for your reply too :)
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
m279174-0003_modelpage_on_wrist_portrait.jpg
m278274-0030_modelpage_on_wrist_portrait.jpg

I see.. I was looking at these two (28mm/31mm) , less than 15k hahah. just thought it would be a nice wedding gift. thanks for your reply too :)
I think it’s possible to get the call for either of these two. But these pieces aren’t really common as well and hence nobody can really say how long you need to wait
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
I mean like, if you’re a fan of VC and want to buy their other watches, they can do something for you, if not want to wait is also ok bah.
Sua la. Vc overseas now not alot over rrp. Don't go buy other stuff if you want them unnecessary.
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
Just came back from VC exhibit at ASM. I think I was talking to the boutique manager for MBS. He was upfront and said for them, it’s first come first serve queue system. Not ******** interest list or “bundling” of other models that you do not want. Appreciate the transparency. That being said, he said the 4500V blue dial maybe wait till my friend’s daughter now 1 year old, when reach secondary school then can get :ROFLMAO:
Lol. For VC boutique. Maybe true.
 

Ryan.m

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2022
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
hi all, yesterday, my wife and I both went down to Rolex @ MBS to register our very first piece of Rolex:

Wife:

Lady Datejust Silver 18k White Gold/Steel Dia 28mm279384RBR-0021​

Mine:

REF 126613LB-0002​


prior to that we do not have a history with Rolex .


would like to know:

1. whats the typical time for such entry levels and given our model, the chance to be called

2. Is there a better route ? (Via AD)


Appreciate the advice to our first journey with rolex.

Got to wait more than 10 years? Any options to “fast track” the queue?
 

Ryan.m

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2022
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Got to wait more than 10 years? Any options to “fast track” the queue?
hi all, yesterday, my wife and I both went down to Rolex @ MBS to register our very first piece of Rolex:

Wife:

Lady Datejust Silver 18k White Gold/Steel Dia 28mm279384RBR-0021​

Mine:

REF 126613LB-0002​


prior to that we do not have a history with Rolex .


would like to know:

1. whats the typical time for such entry levels and given our model, the chance to be called

2. Is there a better route ? (Via AD)


Appreciate the advice to our first journey with rolex.
 

Ryan.m

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2022
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
hi all, yesterday, my wife and I both went down to Rolex @ MBS to register our very first piece of Rolex:

Wife:

Lady Datejust Silver 18k White Gold/Steel Dia 28mm279384RBR-0021​

Mine:

REF 126613LB-0002​


prior to that we do not have a history with Rolex .


would like to know:

1. whats the typical time for such entry levels and given our model, the chance to be called

2. Is there a better route ? (Via AD)


Appreciate the advice to our first journey with rolex.
 

official_t_atelier

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2022
Messages
569
Reaction score
642
Never mentioned, but they probably let VIPs/big spenders skip the queue bah. But at least they manage expectations for fresh customers I guess. No rush for me to buy their watches anyway.
I recalled if not mistaken it was in 2nd half of 2020 that VC allowed 50% downpayment for 4500 blue dial with collection of it in early 2021. Subsequently, seeing the demands spiked up, they stopped the downpayment. Maybe dun have to wait too long for them to revert it back, should not be 10 years long.
 

fade_white

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2005
Messages
46,201
Reaction score
5,984
Still worth the trouble to push for a Pepsi allocation? The last iteration was in 2018, almost 5 years alr.. do u all think a refresh is coming next year?
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
I recalled if not mistaken it was in 2nd half of 2020 that VC allowed 50% downpayment for 4500 blue dial with collection of it in early 2021. Subsequently, seeing the demands spiked up, they stopped the downpayment. Maybe dun have to wait too long for them to revert it back, should not be 10 years long.
2019 - 25% off vc blue at thg lolol
EU. What color also have. Nobody want. Like shitter. No discount. Only vat refund.
2020 - blue downpayment. Wait 6 months. Other colors available
2021 early - blue stop deposit. Other color deposit. Wait 3 months. Didn't wanna commit yet.
2021 end - what ******** also don't have. I Suck it up. Paid 4k above rrp for my dual time. Mai waste time.
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
Still worth the trouble to push for a Pepsi allocation? The last iteration was in 2018, almost 5 years alr.. do u all think a refresh is coming next year?
If you are placed in the queue now after meeting the criteria and when it is your turn for allocation next year and it happens there is a refresh by that time next year, then you will be given the chance to get the new model.
This was what happened to me. Was placed in the queue for Pepsi in Mar 2021 and at that time Pepsi was available only in Jubilee bracelet. Then in April 2021 when Pepsi became available in both Jubilee and Oyster bracelet, my AD asked me if I prefer Oyster or wish to stick to Jubilee. I chose the former. I was then allocated the watch in Oct 2021.
 

fade_white

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2005
Messages
46,201
Reaction score
5,984
If you are placed in the queue now after meeting the criteria and when it is your turn for allocation next year and it happens there is a refresh by that time next year, then you will be given the chance to get the new model.
This was what happened to me. Was placed in the queue for Pepsi in Mar 2021 and at that time Pepsi was available only in Jubilee bracelet. Then in April 2021 when Pepsi became available in both Jubilee and Oyster bracelet, my AD asked me if I prefer Oyster or wish to stick to Jubilee. I chose the former. I was then allocated the watch in Oct 2021.
Haha what I’m worried is I get allocated just before new model come out. Was like that for my previous blnr lol
 

allrise841

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2009
Messages
93
Reaction score
26
hi all, yesterday, my wife and I both went down to Rolex @ MBS to register our very first piece of Rolex:

Wife:

Lady Datejust Silver 18k White Gold/Steel Dia 28mm279384RBR-0021​

Mine:

REF 126613LB-0002​


prior to that we do not have a history with Rolex .


would like to know:

1. whats the typical time for such entry levels and given our model, the chance to be called

2. Is there a better route ? (Via AD)


Appreciate the advice to our first journey with rolex.

I would suggest you go Cortina or THG to start rather then MBS.. MBS abit haoliao...
U wanna get a diamond bezel ladies datejust, if they have stocks, 80% sure sell u.. and ur chance of getting a blue sub is higher then getting from MBS..
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
I would suggest you go Cortina or THG to start rather then MBS.. MBS abit haoliao...
U wanna get a diamond bezel ladies datejust, if they have stocks, 80% sure sell u.. and ur chance of getting a blue sub is higher then getting from MBS..
MBS is under another smaller AD called The Time Place
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
Nope I don’t dislike it, but who knows how the new one will be like, if any.
Hmmm knowing what Rolex is like, I doubt there will be much significant tweaks to the existing. Look at the likes of Explorer 2. People waited so many years and then when the new model is so called out, there was hardly any changes, just a new movement and very slight cosmetic changes.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top