official_t_atelier
Senior Member
- Joined
- Sep 23, 2022
- Messages
- 569
- Reaction score
- 643
Once they start offering minimum sub D, we know they are getting desperate. It’s payback time..

Aiyo.. they are running a business after all. If they start offering sports models, those with spending power will start to flock to the boutiques perhaps. By that scenario, probably a bad recession, few would bother to look at luxury watches except the unaffectedOnce they start offering minimum sub D, we know they are getting desperate. It’s payback time..
I was wondering if u would be able to introduce to your ad… I am keen in the explorer…Ohhhh btw, I was also asked if I’m keen to buy a 36mm SS Explorer when I collected my watch yesterday
I dun get why its called “payback time”. I know many people are disgusted with AD way of requiring prior purchase history before a sports model allocation, but I genuinely felt that it’s a reasonable system. If they start offering Sub without prior purchase history needed, then it’s just back to the old days before 2018. I don’t regard that as a desperate move. It’s just to meet the needs of the evolving luxury market. If this happens, it is also likely that grey prices will be lower than retailOnce they start offering minimum sub D, we know they are getting desperate. It’s payback time..
Perhaps those with spending power already have gotten most watches..with so much stocks and a poor economy looming AD would have to play the game differently. Perhaps those who have waited patiently may get their chance finally..Aiyo.. they are running a business after all. If they start offering sports models, those with spending power will start to flock to the boutiques perhaps. By that scenario, probably a bad recession, few would bother to look at luxury watches except the unaffected
Depends I guess.. for thg it’s a fair allocation system. So with spending power we still have to wait for things like sprite or those highly popular sports models that need big spending history.. but those waiting patiently with no history for sub d I think probably possible.Perhaps those with spending power already have gotten most watches..with so much stocks and a poor economy looming AD would have to play the game differently. Perhaps those who have waited patiently may get their chance finally..
I am not disgusted with my AD. In fact, I have a cordial relationship with them. During my journey in supporting them, I had made a couple of mistakes resulting in poor outcome on some of my collections, so it's time to be in a better position and more bargaining power. As much as they have a system to use for their advantages, market forces can favor us as well.I dun get why its called “payback time”. I know many people are disgusted with AD way of requiring prior purchase history before a sports model allocation, but I genuinely felt that it’s a reasonable system. If they start offering Sub without prior purchase history needed, then it’s just back to the old days before 2018. I don’t regard that as a desperate move. It’s just to meet the needs of the evolving luxury market. If this happens, it is also likely that grey prices will be lower than retail
I dun get why it’s called “payback time”. I know many people are disgusted with AD way of requiring prior purchase history before a sports model allocation, but I genuinely felt that it’s a reasonable system. If they start offering Sub without prior purchase history needed, then it’s just back to the old days before 2018. I don’t regard that as a desperate move. It’s just to meet the needs of the evolving luxury market. If this happens, it is also likely that grey prices will be lower than retail
prior to 2016. hahahaha when that happens, you won't want to buy liao cause no hype and no appreciation value.I dun get why its called “payback time”. I know many people are disgusted with AD way of requiring prior purchase history before a sports model allocation, but I genuinely felt that it’s a reasonable system. If they start offering Sub without prior purchase history needed, then it’s just back to the old days before 2018. I don’t regard that as a desperate move. It’s just to meet the needs of the evolving luxury market. If this happens, it is also likely that grey prices will be lower than retail
I bought the GMT Master II from the AD in 2015 when there is no hype. On the day I bought it, I saw a customer walk in and got the Hulk on the spot. Haha. Those were the daysprior to 2016. hahahaha when that happens, you won't want to buy liao cause no hype and no appreciation value.
humans LOL
good luck waitingLet’s hope grey price falls. I really don’t understand why would people buy a second hand one , don’t even know what other modifications may have been done to the watch.
no 15% off no talkI bought the GMT Master II from the AD in 2015 when there is no hype. On the day I bought it, I saw a customer walk in and got the Hulk on the spot. Haha. Those were the days
Now is no bundle no talk..no 15% off no talk
yeap. lol all i do is call and ask if its available, the SA say yes and 15% max discount.Now is no bundle no talk..
Fears of modifications sure, how many ppl do modified watches? or really how many used watches modified?Let’s hope grey price falls. I really don’t understand why would people buy a second hand one , don’t even know what other modifications may have been done to the watch.
If buy from private sellers, very unlikely they will modify yr parts. When you buy preown, you buy the seller.Fears of modifications sure, how many ppl do modified watches? or really how many used watches modified?
prices below retail helps preown. When it’s on your wrist who knows you get it preown…
Don't say D, if someone got offered a Sub ND and not keen, can hit me up tooIf anyone got offered a Sub D and you're not keen, can hit me up please!![]()
I also got 1 but it's okay, I like the watch and I still wear it from time to time, so no plans to sellHublot Big Bang