Thread all abt ROLEX - Part 2

official_t_atelier

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2022
Messages
569
Reaction score
642
Actually how does it work ah.. At Raffles City branch, the Rolex shop has a different group of SA than the PP and other brands. So how do you actually form a relationship with the Rolex SA when you can't even buy any Rolex in the first place. Do you just go and talk to them every now and than?
Raffles City is Cortina and they have multiple brands including rolex and patek. One of the best way is to build a journey into rolex with other brands.
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
Actually how does it work ah.. At Raffles City branch, the Rolex shop has a different group of SA than the PP and other brands. So how do you actually form a relationship with the Rolex SA when you can't even buy any Rolex in the first place. Do you just go and talk to them every now and than?
Start first with a less popular Rolex classic model, like a TT Datejust. Then slowly build up from there. You may not be able to get a TT Datejust during your first walk in, but should be able to express interest and they might call you if they have one for you in the following months. Once you receive the call and make that purchase, take the opportunity to ask them if you can be allowed to queue for a entry level sports model. The visiting part? Yes, after you start something, then pay visit to your SA from time to time. Just like a relationship with a friend, you will visit your friend as well from time to time right?
 

Jemchong93

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2019
Messages
46
Reaction score
14
Thanks both! I’ve headed down there before as i park nearby before going to work haha.. so far they are the only AD who asked me to sit down, chat with me, let me try their watch and give me drinks. I’ll start off with a iwc / zenith / jlc than go into rolex to register my interest haha.
 

official_t_atelier

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2022
Messages
569
Reaction score
642
Thanks both! I’ve headed down there before as i park nearby before going to work haha.. so far they are the only AD who asked me to sit down, chat with me, let me try their watch and give me drinks. I’ll start off with a iwc / zenith / jlc than go into rolex to register my interest haha.
Unfortunately their choices of other brands are shrinking and they are no longer authorised dealer for Iwc and Jlc. Not sure abt zenith. But it is a faster track when you have purchase history with them. Mine was quite fast.
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
Unfortunately their choices of other brands are shrinking and they are no longer authorised dealer for Iwc and Jlc. Not sure abt zenith. But it is a faster track when you have purchase history with them. Mine was quite fast.
all richemont brands are moving towards boutique only
 

C4l3b

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2021
Messages
662
Reaction score
318
Oh I misunderstood your message. i thought your non allocated pieces means you are given more watches to buy after you bought the watch that you are supposed to buy to qualify for the queue of highly sought after Patek and Rolex sports model
I can buy more of non allocation pieces but it would keep delaying the sports allocations.. so no point in doing that. Furthermore nothing much that I desire in Rolex now. Datejust etc are a waste of time for me. So I’m focusing on patek now and stock delivery is very low to begin with.
 

Pegasus05

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2022
Messages
556
Reaction score
239
I can buy more of non allocation pieces but it would keep delaying the sports allocations.. so no point in doing that. Furthermore nothing much that I desire in Rolex now. Datejust etc are a waste of time for me. So I’m focusing on patek now and stock delivery is very low to begin with.
Hi C4I3b,

so your pp collections are Complication, annul calendar and lastly a lady piece. I saw Complication; it was nice!
 

Jemchong93

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2019
Messages
46
Reaction score
14
Unfortunately their choices of other brands are shrinking and they are no longer authorised dealer for Iwc and Jlc. Not sure abt zenith. But it is a faster track when you have purchase history with them. Mine was quite fast.
Oh, i went to so many places that I got mixed up about who carries what brand haha. I’ll go with Zenith and Omega AT than!
 

raidorz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
8,250
Reaction score
413
Oh, i went to so many places that I got mixed up about who carries what brand haha. I’ll go with Zenith and Omega AT than!
Waiting for the new Omega ATs to come in. Looks like they’ve updated the bracelet. The Terra Cotta dial is just stunning.
 

o0KelviN0o

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2001
Messages
37,940
Reaction score
1,289
Is it really easier to get allocation at Cortina than at THG? I mean for quite some time I have heard of various people suggesting to try Cortina. Less people suggest to try THG somehow

It’s more assuring at Cortina but outlay is huge.

They sell bundle 1 shot - at least that happened to me early this year 😅
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
I can buy more of non allocation pieces but it would keep delaying the sports allocations.. so no point in doing that. Furthermore nothing much that I desire in Rolex now. Datejust etc are a waste of time for me. So I’m focusing on patek now and stock delivery is very low to begin with.
So in your opinion, if you take some non allocation pieces, the allocation for the sport model which you wanted (after the qualifying criteria are met) would be delayed? i wasn’t sure if that would be case. I took one piece (a model which I had indicated in the interest list earlier) which was offered to me one month after I met the “qualifying criteria”. I wasn’t told the allocation for the sports model I wanted would be delayed if I took It. If I had known, maybe I would not have taken it (although it was still a model that I like to own). Anyway let’s see. Was told I can check for updates next month.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top