I replied in one of the edmw thread~ here's what I did to avoid the 1% convenience fee~

Withdraw Ringgit from ATM using Youtrip~

Purchase TnG reload pin at Watson (also available at 7-11, KK Mart, Shell etc), can only use cash, credit/ debit card not accepted~

Add money to TnG ewallet using reload pin

Select non-transferable balance to avoid the 1% fee~

You are done~
There's a restriction on what you can use for non-transferable amount but not to worry cos you can convert non-transferable to transferable balance anytime, 1% will be imposed~
Purchased RM150 Reload Pins from Watson~
Reload wallet and select non-transferable balance~
I tested TnG ewallet to scan DuitNow QRCode for payment at Uncle Roger restaurant~
The app will auto deduct from the non-transferable balance first (if applicable)~
I top up RM150, made payment rm77.15, left rm72.85~
Another user also confirm that the non-transferable balance also can be used for VEP RFID toll~
