TNG App widely used?

matrix05

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
71,456
Reaction score
10,398
Look for ATM with the Mastercard, Maestro or Cirrus Logo~

Previously I made a mistake, youtrip pin is 4 digits while I tried on CIMB ATM, it shows a 6 digits boxes~ i tried my usual 6 digits possible pins and got myself log out from the ATM~
After that I read the FAQ, the correct method is just to use the 4 digits pin and enter, select saving account for the withdrawal~

The first S$400 overseas withdrawal per calendar month is free~ above that there's a 2% fee~ daily withdrawal limit is S$5k though~

Thanks guys for the useful additional info on ATM withdrawal. The ATM onscreen instructions are in English?
 
Last edited:

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,150
Reaction score
13,172
Look for ATM with the Mastercard, Maestro or Cirrus Logo~

Previously I made a mistake, youtrip pin is 4 digits while I tried on CIMB ATM, it shows a 6 digits boxes~ i tried my usual 6 digits possible pins and got myself log out from the ATM~
After that I read the FAQ, the correct method is just to use the 4 digits pin and enter, select saving account for the withdrawal~

The first S$400 overseas withdrawal per calendar month is free~ above that there's a 2% fee~ daily withdrawal limit is S$5k though~
Thank you for this.

I've never used my Youtrip card to withdraw cash but think I should start soon, instead of withdrawing from my CIMB account that I use to top up the TnG account. (y)

Also thanks for the reminder about the 4-digit ATM PIN. I'd have entered 6 digits as well. :o

At this rate, my iChange card would be less useful since they've yet to allow me to add it to my Apple Wallet.

Time to ramp up my YT card usage. šŸ‘Œ
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,034
Reaction score
1,920
I successfully received a ringgit bank transfer from a Malaysian bank account to my TnG e-wallet. Quite cool, really, as all you need is to provide the TNG eWallet account number. Earlier, I had a concern that my account was not verified with myKAD. My concerns are unfounded. I will find an opportunity to test using my e-wallet QR code to receive payment.
 

halocast

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Messages
58,613
Reaction score
1,784
I successfully received a ringgit bank transfer from a Malaysian bank account to my TnG e-wallet. Quite cool, really, as all you need is to provide the TNG eWallet account number. Earlier, I had a concern that my account was not verified with myKAD. My concerns are unfounded. I will find an opportunity to test using my e-wallet QR code to receive payment.

The account for the TNG just needs to be "verified" status right? :o
 

halocast

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Messages
58,613
Reaction score
1,784
I replied in one of the edmw thread~ here's what I did to avoid the 1% convenience fee~

šŸ§ Withdraw Ringgit from ATM using Youtrip~
šŸ’° Purchase TnG reload pin at Watson (also available at 7-11, KK Mart, Shell etc), can only use cash, credit/ debit card not accepted~
ā¬†ļø Add money to TnG ewallet using reload pin
šŸ”ƒ Select non-transferable balance to avoid the 1% fee~
āœ… You are done~

There's a restriction on what you can use for non-transferable amount but not to worry cos you can convert non-transferable to transferable balance anytime, 1% will be imposed~

Tn-G-reload-pin.jpg

Purchased RM150 Reload Pins from Watson~

Tn-G-reload-pin-ewallet.jpg

Reload wallet and select non-transferable balance~

Tn-G-reload-pins-ewallet.jpg

I tested TnG ewallet to scan DuitNow QRCode for payment at Uncle Roger restaurant~
The app will auto deduct from the non-transferable balance first (if applicable)~
I top up RM150, made payment rm77.15, left rm72.85~
Another user also confirm that the non-transferable balance also can be used for VEP RFID toll~ :s22:


Apparently not all watson have, went to city square one they say they don't do :o
 

sunsetbay

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jul 3, 2000
Messages
54,100
Reaction score
6,374
Apparently not all watson have, went to city square one they say they don't do :o

Ya, last check at Watson KSL during May also don't have~ not sure the cashier dun know or really dun have~

KK Mart at R&F mall have~ Watson at Sutera mall also have~ the biggest denomination for the reload pins is rm100 per receipt~ I bought rm500 last week~ :s22:

Touch-N-Go-reload-pins-Tn-G.jpg
 

nutswonderer

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2025
Messages
79
Reaction score
44
Ya, last check at Watson KSL during May also don't have~ not sure the cashier dun know or really dun have~

KK Mart at R&F mall have~ Watson at Sutera mall also have~ the biggest denomination for the reload pins is rm100 per receipt~ I bought rm500 last week~ :s22:

Touch-N-Go-reload-pins-Tn-G.jpg

wait, you can use Youtrip/Wise etc to pay this reload at Watson right?
 

nutswonderer

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2025
Messages
79
Reaction score
44
Can't~ have to be Cash~ dun ask me why, already asked Watson & KK Mart, both gave same reply~ that's why I use youtrip to withdraw cash from ATM, then go Watson to buy the reload pins~ :s22:
aiyah, 1 extra step, sianz :LOL:

Also didn't realize that extra 1% convenience enables payment/transfers to "personal" accounts?
Cos I ate at a coffeeshop in Bt Indah (some ipoh yongtauhu), and I paid using TnG and the receipient is a name eg, Tan Ah Kow. Means that reload topup also can't pay that fella (though its a shop in a coffeeshop)?
 

sunsetbay

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jul 3, 2000
Messages
54,100
Reaction score
6,374
aiyah, 1 extra step, sianz :LOL:

Also didn't realize that extra 1% convenience enables payment/transfers to "personal" accounts?
Cos I ate at a coffeeshop in Bt Indah (some ipoh yongtauhu), and I paid using TnG and the receipient is a name eg, Tan Ah Kow. Means that reload topup also can't pay that fella (though its a shop in a coffeeshop)?

Ya, just like some hawker stalls in SG, the Paynow qrcode displayed is their personal bank accounts not the SGQR merchant account~ Duitnow also the same~

if you top-up TnG via reload pins, you have the option to put into transferable balance (with 1% convenience fee) or non-transferable balance (no fee & this step is reversible, so no worry if you want to convert to transferable balance later on)~

The non-transferable balance, as the name implied, you can't do a Duitnow fund transfer like what you had encountered~ for merchant Duitnow payment, you can~ :s22:
 

swathe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2001
Messages
12,718
Reaction score
2,644
Is the amount in TnG RFID card and ewallet combined like EZLink ABT or separate?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top