TRA and HSR tickets

rrr2015

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2015
Messages
13,240
Reaction score
4,848
I see. Thanks for suggestion. My hotel is few mins walk away from Taichung station. So taxi is a good idea for the short distance trip
i see u misunderstood. i mean take airport MRT to HSR taoyuan to HSR taichung. then instead of using local TRA, take the cab from HSR taichung to your hotel.
 

birmingham123

Master Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2011
Messages
3,014
Reaction score
77
i see u misunderstood. i mean take airport MRT to HSR taoyuan to HSR taichung. then instead of using local TRA, take the cab from HSR taichung to your hotel.
Yeah. I think I got that already in previous post.

My original plan was take airport express to hsr Tao yuan then hsr to hsr Taichung which is xinwuri train station. Same as what you wrote. Instead of local tra to Taichung train station which is crowded and need to walk to hotel, I will take cab to hotel instead.
 

birmingham123

Master Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2011
Messages
3,014
Reaction score
77
i see u misunderstood. i mean take airport MRT to HSR taoyuan to HSR taichung. then instead of using local TRA, take the cab from HSR taichung to your hotel.
Aiya. I mean to say my hotel still need to walk few mins from Taichung train station. So take cab for short distance mean take cab from tsr taichung so I dun even need to walk that short distance. Sorry if my earlier statements is confusing
 

ApeTruelove

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2009
Messages
7,139
Reaction score
2,081
Aiya. I mean to say my hotel still need to walk few mins from Taichung train station. So take cab for short distance mean take cab from tsr taichung so I dun even need to walk that short distance. Sorry if my earlier statements is confusing
Then take cab ba from taichung hsr ba since you are getting 141 thsr to taichung.
 

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2010
Messages
42,720
Reaction score
738
i find TRA faster train like puyuma very rough ride. not sure it's becoz of train or old tracks. definitely no no to allow standing
I prefer Taroko as well.
Puyuma newest brother is the limited 3000, 騰雲號。
Took the ride from Zhongli to Hsinchu, it was a nice ride.
 

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2010
Messages
42,720
Reaction score
738
Private shuttle I heard is every expensive... 250 SGD for a 7 sitter to bring you around ? If got 10 pple, means 500 per day gone...

Someone if from Taipei go Taichung, I heard need pay accomodation for the driver.

Reason I prefer go Taichung instead of stay Taipei is because since I already reach Taiwan at 5pm, I might as well spend few hours go Taichung and start my holiday the next day.
Book for a one way ride not a whole day trip.
10 person 50 dollars per pax, is not much for that sake of convenience.
上車睡覺,下車尿尿。
 

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2010
Messages
42,720
Reaction score
738
Book a mini bus for the whole day right ?

Is around 1000 sgd right if the bus can sit 12 ? Somemore need to find accommodation if travel different city ?
Less than that.
Depends how far and out you book and how many days.
Some will be happy to go touring and charge cheaper.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top