Thanatos_Wraiths
Senior Member
- Joined
- Oct 7, 2005
- Messages
- 1,925
- Reaction score
- 390
What are you guys' travelling dates? As long as not during Taiwan major long holidays, should be fine to get the tickets when you reach Taiwan.
I booked my TRA tickets while I was in Singapore a week before my trip so it worked OK then.
You got the latest version 2.1.2?
Mine was downloaded on play store for Andriod.
So if the app is working, can not booked using our passport number? so how you booked previously?BTW, I did not login to purchase tickets previously as it seems that one need to have Taiwan ID no. to register as a member. I tried inputing passport no. but it would not accept it.
On the purchasing ticket aspect, I did set myself as the passenger by registering my passport no. under my settings>my passenger.
not worried about tickets but unable make any plans if can't check train schedulesWhat are you guys' travelling dates? As long as not during Taiwan major long holidays, should be fine to get the tickets when you reach Taiwan.
When the app was working fine weeks ago, I can book using passport number without registering as a member and also distribute the e-tickets to my family memebers after getting them to install the app. But to be register and join as a member, one needs to have a valid Taiwan ID no..So if the app is working, can not booked using our passport number? so how you booked previously?
not worried about tickets but unable make any plans if can't check train schedules
anyone got account in Taiwan backpackers forum? can check with folks over there?
yeah there are alternative websites for TRA schedules. still hope TRA fix theirs asapI used to use another one many years ago but can't remember what it is.
There are many other apps that provide TRA train schedules as well. I just did a search and maybe you can download and try 火車時刻表 app to plan your schedules. 1M+ download and I just tried it and seems OK just that you have to deal with ad pop ups.
They heard you, and resolved issue now. I just booked for Taichung to Taipei on Puyuma Express!TRA website not accessible for 3days & nothing mentioned on their FB. someone sleeping on the job?![]()
good that TRA website are backThey heard you, and resolved issue now. I just booked for Taichung to Taipei on Puyuma Express!
Nowadays, TRA almost everyday have delay or cancelled trainThey heard you, and resolved issue now. I just booked for Taichung to Taipei on Puyuma Express!
If you had paid for the tickets, you are good to collect them over the station ticketing counters.noob here. after i book/pay the tix online, i just need to go to train station counter to collect the physical tix?
thanks a lot! i should be using app to try book. first time trying.If you had paid for the tickets, you are good to collect them over the station ticketing counters.
If you are using their app, you can also e-collect the e-ticket (QR code) and scan through the gantry without having to collect tickets at the counter. Can save a lot of time if you are collecting at TRA stations where it is busy like Taipei main station.
I bought for the whole group and could distribute the e-ticket to them if they have the app.
The official app is 臺鐵e訂通thanks a lot! i should be using app to try book. first time trying.![]()
The official app is 臺鐵e訂通
Do let me know if you encounter problems when using the app and need help.
THSR is another apps T Express mobile app, and if you going the south from Taipei, booked thru KLook get 1 for 1 discountyes i got this. this includes the thsr and railway?
I m lucky, this trip so far all the TRA that I took, all on time.Nowadays, TRA almost everyday have delay or cancelled trainBetter to check before heading down
THSR is another apps T Express mobile app, and if you going the south from Taipei, booked thru KLook get 1 for 1 discount
Hsr only serve left side of Taiwan .Can i check if i need to buy the high speed railway from taipei main stn to hualien can it be bought before my trip? Or i have to go over the counter to buy?
be travelling with my older folks and young children.
is there anyway from taoyuan airport to go hualien direct?
any advice is much appreciated
THSR runs both ways between North and South on the western part of Taiwan. It does not run on the eastern part where Hualien is.Can i check if i need to buy the high speed railway from taipei main stn to hualien can it be bought before my trip? Or i have to go over the counter to buy?
be travelling with my older folks and young children.
is there anyway from taoyuan airport to go hualien direct?
any advice is much appreciated