UOB ONE Account

iduncheckmail

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2002
Messages
6,831
Reaction score
3,437
Hi Trazora thank you for the fast revert. Can I just use debit card for the spend even though I can get the credit card from UOB as I have DBS and CITI cards already. Don’t really like to use too many

no point using debit card, unless you cant get CC.
Spend $500 on UOB one card get $50 every quarter.
Spend $500 on UOB debit card get ZERO every quarter.
 
Joined
May 4, 2020
Messages
189
Reaction score
0
no point using debit card, unless you cant get CC.
Spend $500 on UOB one card get $50 every quarter.
Spend $500 on UOB debit card get ZERO every quarter.

If I put in 75k, I will earn $1347.00 interest with debit card of $500 spend, difference is $200 additional if I use a UOB ONE credit card. Correct?

Based on UOB website,
You will earn an annual interest of S$1,347.00 and annual cash rebate of
S$200, which adds up to a total of S$1,547.00
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
If I put in 75k, I will earn $1347.00 interest with debit card of $500 spend, difference is $200 additional if I use a UOB ONE credit card. Correct?

Based on UOB website,
You will earn an annual interest of S$1,347.00 and annual cash rebate of
S$200, which adds up to a total of S$1,547.00

Yes 4×$50 quarterly rebate. If can get this $200 by using credit card instead of debit card then why not.
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,829
Reaction score
2,774
I called, spending less than 500 for cc. Last day spending was not captured, appealed but rejected. Why some ppl able to appeal successfully?

first time appeal? should be possible... try calling again another time with a different CSO.
 

Cumzilla

Master Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2002
Messages
3,365
Reaction score
216
I called, spending less than 500 for cc. Last day spending was not captured, appealed but rejected. Why some ppl able to appeal successfully?

saw your earlier post that you mentioned you called and it was an automated message? so you did not speak to any CSO but they did get back to you after 3 working days?
 

Calthron

Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2016
Messages
209
Reaction score
6
I managed to speak to CSO. I called again because no response after the automated msg.

saw your earlier post that you mentioned you called and it was an automated message? so you did not speak to any CSO but they did get back to you after 3 working days?
 

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,357
Reaction score
3,713
Hi Trazora thank you for the fast revert. Can I just use debit card for the spend even though I can get the credit card from UOB as I have DBS and CITI cards already. Don’t really like to use too many

Change your liking then. Why waste getting $50 per quarter. You have to spend $500 anyway for UOB One account interest. Maybe stop using your other credit cards.

Also, debit card is deducted from your UOB One account whenever you spend. Which means you have to put in $500 more in the UOB account so that balance don't go below 75k (if you want to maximise).

Plus if you are short of GIRO, the credit card payment can be one GIRO.
 

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,357
Reaction score
3,713
I called, spending less than 500 for cc. Last day spending was not captured, appealed but rejected. Why some ppl able to appeal successfully?

Could be because of different reason. Yours is you spend on last day. Most people know should not risk that because won't be posted in time.

I appealed successfully before was because some expenditure was excluded (payment to Singapore Zoo for some event)
 

silverbomb

Master Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
3,945
Reaction score
693
for UOB credit card GIRO payment using UOB One account, what is the min. amount that will trigger the GIRO to happen? $1 possible?
 

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
13,365
Reaction score
1,538
Bonus interest from 01 May 2020 if you satisfy the required conditions and have ADB of $75k in the account :
($3.58767)×(no of days in the month)

28 days in the month = $100.45
29 days in the month = $104.04
30 days in the month = $107.63
31 days in the month = $111.22

Any comments and corrections?

A reminder on the new bonus interest starting this month...
 

Cumzilla

Master Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2002
Messages
3,365
Reaction score
216
Could be because of different reason. Yours is you spend on last day. Most people know should not risk that because won't be posted in time.

I appealed successfully before was because some expenditure was excluded (payment to Singapore Zoo for some event)

Bank called to inform that they had accepted my appeal by letting me make up the shortfall of that particular spending during this month. Would be better that they accept the transaction as eligible and credit the interest, but still better than not getting anything though.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top