UOB one card

fone

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2002
Messages
5,183
Reaction score
19
Thanks! i did exactly 2 transaction from amazon and one was posted, one didnt.

Amazon only charges and claims the money (and thus posted) when they ship or ready to ship your particular item. So they if your item is out of stock, they will only charge when they ship.
 

pohw0008

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2012
Messages
21,454
Reaction score
4,035
Usually i will shop during the last two days of the month hoping that it will post to the next month.. :s13:

Sometime same date transaction get posted.. :(

wait for statement to post first to show you missed the cut. then call in and appeal by explaining the delay in posting date.

but don't do this too often, i.e. don't shop near end of the month lol
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,782
Reaction score
2,758
anyone got check the extra 5% rebate is correct or not?

mine got discrepancies... over a dollar (which means missing eligible transaction is > $20).

wonder if anyone has experience getting the bank to check again / what's the outcome.
 

lucky_

Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2019
Messages
159
Reaction score
14
anyone got check the extra 5% rebate is correct or not?

mine got discrepancies... over a dollar (which means missing eligible transaction is > $20).

wonder if anyone has experience getting the bank to check again / what's the outcome.

I had a transaction from Guardian missing before. I tallied the cashback and realised that it's lower than what I expected, called in to UOB to ask. They mentioned that it would take 3 days to retrieve the statements for the 3 months, and would double check and call back after that. During the callback, the CSO went through each transaction that qualified for the extra 5% cashback, and I realised there was 1 Guardian transaction missing (about $3 of cashback). It was weird because other Guardian transactions were included in the extra cashback computed. The CSO said they would adjust and credit the extra cashback to me (the call was on 22 Nov) but until now it still has not shown up on my iBanking, so I'm still waiting.
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,782
Reaction score
2,758
I had a transaction from Guardian missing before. I tallied the cashback and realised that it's lower than what I expected, called in to UOB to ask. They mentioned that it would take 3 days to retrieve the statements for the 3 months, and would double check and call back after that. During the callback, the CSO went through each transaction that qualified for the extra 5% cashback, and I realised there was 1 Guardian transaction missing (about $3 of cashback). It was weird because other Guardian transactions were included in the extra cashback computed. The CSO said they would adjust and credit the extra cashback to me (the call was on 22 Nov) but until now it still has not shown up on my iBanking, so I'm still waiting.

thanks, I suspect mine's also 1 Guardian transaction (while the others went through) because of the amount I calculated backwards.

i think their system left out certain Guardian branches maybe? sometimes automation can be a pain when they don't update their system...

just for fun I think the specific outlet they missed out for my case is Guardian-Commonwealth (although I can't really recall which specific location cos it was a transaction in August!).
 

lucky_

Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2019
Messages
159
Reaction score
14
thanks, I suspect mine's also 1 Guardian transaction (while the others went through) because of the amount I calculated backwards.

i think their system left out certain Guardian branches maybe? sometimes automation can be a pain when they don't update their system...

just for fun I think the specific outlet they missed out for my case is Guardian-Commonwealth (although I can't really recall which specific location cos it was a transaction in August!).

Interestingly enough, both of my Guardian transactions were at the same Bukit Batok branch, one in Aug (that wasn't counted) and one in Sept (that was counted). Perhaps they were still in the midst of adding the outlets into the system to be counted automatically?
 

battledome64

Master Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2003
Messages
2,980
Reaction score
163
Anyone realized that the cash rebate is not automatic? I checked the app the cash rebate is not automatically offsetting the transactions but appears under rewards instead
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Anyone realized that the cash rebate is not automatic? I checked the app the cash rebate is not automatically offsetting the transactions but appears under rewards instead

ya. The rebate will be used to offset bill at end of subsequent month.
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,782
Reaction score
2,758
I had a transaction from Guardian missing before. I tallied the cashback and realised that it's lower than what I expected, called in to UOB to ask. They mentioned that it would take 3 days to retrieve the statements for the 3 months, and would double check and call back after that. During the callback, the CSO went through each transaction that qualified for the extra 5% cashback, and I realised there was 1 Guardian transaction missing (about $3 of cashback). It was weird because other Guardian transactions were included in the extra cashback computed. The CSO said they would adjust and credit the extra cashback to me (the call was on 22 Nov) but until now it still has not shown up on my iBanking, so I'm still waiting.

any update on your side? i called in for my case, CSO said will credit back the missing rebate. that was more than a week ago, so still waiting...

hopefully it'll be credited by next bill (end of month). otherwise have to call in again...
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Wef 1 Feb 2021, please be informed that selected transactions such as payments to hospitals, automobile parking lots and garages will be excluded from the awarding of cash rebates and bonus interest on the UOB One Account. For details, click here for the full UOB One Card T&Cs and click here for the UOB One Account T&Cs. Insured up to S$75k by SDIC.

https://www.uob.com.sg/onecards/uob-one-credit-card.html
 

bluetwinkle

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2015
Messages
1,091
Reaction score
16
Wef 1 Feb 2021, please be informed that selected transactions such as payments to hospitals, automobile parking lots and garages will be excluded from the awarding of cash rebates and bonus interest on the UOB One Account. For details, click here for the full UOB One Card T&Cs and click here for the UOB One Account T&Cs. Insured up to S$75k by SDIC.

https://www.uob.com.sg/onecards/uob-one-credit-card.html
UOB is going the same route as DBS already. DBS has denied hospital related transactions for rewards points even though the MCC is not govt related. =(
 

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
13,373
Reaction score
1,540
As long as private dental clinics payment considered eligible, I supposed it's still manageable ....
 

lucky_

Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2019
Messages
159
Reaction score
14
any update on your side? i called in for my case, CSO said will credit back the missing rebate. that was more than a week ago, so still waiting...

hopefully it'll be credited by next bill (end of month). otherwise have to call in again...


They are very slow regarding this, I'm still waiting.

It did not show up on my bill by 7 Dec so I gave them another call. CSO told me they are processing the rebate and it will show up in my account once it is processed. I got another callback from CSO the next day, who assured me the rebate would show up in my account within 5-7 days, and the amount used to offset any future purchases (my card balance is 0 since I have stopped using the card).

However the missing rebate still has not shown up in my 'Rewards' section yet. :s22::s22:
 

dstph000

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2020
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Anyone used the card to purchase capital evoucher before? Wondering what is the MCC and if it is counted towards eligible spent. Appreciate if someone can throw some light on this. :)
 

silverbomb

Master Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
3,945
Reaction score
693
Anyone used the card to purchase capital evoucher before? Wondering what is the MCC and if it is counted towards eligible spent. Appreciate if someone can throw some light on this. :)

be the dp instead of creating new acct just for this qn in 2 threads.
 

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,232
Reaction score
9,006
be the dp instead of creating new acct just for this qn in 2 threads.

this?

WzwDAMU.png

Ggpkoh9.png
 

SBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2001
Messages
19,621
Reaction score
1,224
During my Month 1 of the cycle, I had charged $500 using Cardup.

During my Month 2, this $500 was refunded.
Does it mean that on Month 2, I need to spend additional $500?

Thanks
 

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,352
Reaction score
3,710
During my Month 1 of the cycle, I had charged $500 using Cardup.

During my Month 2, this $500 was refunded.
Does it mean that on Month 2, I need to spend additional $500?

Thanks

Huh? Cardup can be refunded?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top