UOB one card

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
My qualifying quarter is stated in my statement is Mar-May, Jun-Aug, Sep - Nov, Dec-Feb.

My statement date is on 3rd of every month. Hence 4 Aug-3 Sep for Sep statement, 4 Sep-3 Oct for Oct statement, 4 oct- 3 Nov for Nov statement. Then shouldn't I start spending min $600 from 4 Aug onwards?
yes
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,777
Reaction score
2,757
My qualifying quarter is stated in my statement is Mar-May, Jun-Aug, Sep - Nov, Dec-Feb.

My statement date is on 3rd of every month. Hence 4 Aug-3 Sep for Sep statement, 4 Sep-3 Oct for Oct statement, 4 oct- 3 Nov for Nov statement. Then shouldn't I start spending min $600 from 4 Aug onwards?
I would think it doesn't make sense to start spending $600 in August since it is not within your spend cycle (Sep - Nov).

for me my statement date is on last day of month, and my cycle is Aug-Oct, Nov-Jan. it means my spending cycle is from 1 Aug to 31 Oct, then 1 Nov to 31 Jan. based on tnc, I should only start spending $600 from 1 Nov, not 1 Oct.

for your case... since your statement date is 3rd of month and your spending cycle is from Sep-Nov, which should mean 4 Sep to 3 Dec. which means you only need to clock $600 from 4 Sep to 3 Oct, 4 Oct to 3 Nov and 4 Nov to 3 Dec.

that would be how I interpret... not sure how the rest interpret. and certainly CSOs over the phone cannot be totally accurate.
 

lancer6238

Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2006
Messages
240
Reaction score
6
The example given on the website still states Cold Storage and Giant as part of the Groceries category, so they should still be counted?

Up to 8% cashbackNew​

for all grocery spend locally and overseas (examples: FairPrice, Giant, Cold Storage, Sheng Siong, Prime, Don Don Donki and more)
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
The example given on the website still states Cold Storage and Giant as part of the Groceries category, so they should still be counted?

Up to 8% cashbackNew​

for all grocery spend locally and overseas (examples: FairPrice, Giant, Cold Storage, Sheng Siong, Prime, Don Don Donki and more)
yea
 

saintgtril

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2004
Messages
54,233
Reaction score
67
Hi all,

My qualifying quarter is stated in my statement is (1) May to July, (2) August to October, (3) November to January, (4) February to April.

My statement date is on 2nd of every month. Because the new Quarterly Cash back (of $600 and 10 transactions starts from1 September 2025 onwards, so I should start spending a minimum of $600 from 3 November 2025 onwards? Is this correct?

Thanks in advance!
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Hi all,

My qualifying quarter is stated in my statement is (1) May to July, (2) August to October, (3) November to January, (4) February to April.

My statement date is on 2nd of every month. Because the new Quarterly Cash back (of $600 and 10 transactions starts from1 September 2025 onwards, so I should start spending a minimum of $600 from 3 November 2025 onwards? Is this correct?

Thanks in advance!
yes
 

liquidlight

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,815
Reaction score
422
The example given on the website still states Cold Storage and Giant as part of the Groceries category, so they should still be counted?

Up to 8% cashbackNew​

for all grocery spend locally and overseas (examples: FairPrice, Giant, Cold Storage, Sheng Siong, Prime, Don Don Donki and more)

its only applicable for 1k or 2k tier
 

dgeralds

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 19, 2001
Messages
7,377
Reaction score
2,402
Hi all

I have a spending split into 6 monthly payments. Does this monthly payment is considered towards the $600 monthly spend in UOB one card?
 

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
7,345
Reaction score
2,735
Yet another nerf

“UOB One Credit Card: Wef 1 Jul 2025, get up to 8% cashback on all grocery spend (New) & continue to earn up to 10% cashback on your other daily spend. You can enjoy more cashback of up to S$2,240 a year with min. monthly spend of S$600/$1,000/$2,000 (min 10 transactions). Please note that changes on your quarterly cashback will be effective from your next qualifying quarter.


 

sglandscape

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2023
Messages
6,148
Reaction score
2,971
Yet another nerf

“UOB One Credit Card: Wef 1 Jul 2025, get up to 8% cashback on all grocery spend (New) & continue to earn up to 10% cashback on your other daily spend. You can enjoy more cashback of up to S$2,240 a year with min. monthly spend of S$600/$1,000/$2,000 (min 10 transactions). Please note that changes on your quarterly cashback will be effective from your next qualifying quarter.


This was announced a week ago? No further nerfs since then.
 

xoxozone

Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2010
Messages
479
Reaction score
52
I have a fraud transaction $700 charged to my uob one cc in JUNE. Now i just got refunded w this amount in JULY.. I called in CS n check if this $700 is excluded from eligible spending for JUNE, or JULY.. he says included into JUNE spending for cash back, and will be excluded from spending in JULY! I need to spend extra $700 to make up for this deduction this month! June is my 1st month of new quarter cycle.. He says can only appeal after the quarter ends n submit for approval! Anyone encountered this n how the appeal goes?
 

Mickey01

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2017
Messages
1,580
Reaction score
673
I have a fraud transaction $700 charged to my uob one cc in JUNE. Now i just got refunded w this amount in JULY.. I called in CS n check if this $700 is excluded from eligible spending for JUNE, or JULY.. he says included into JUNE spending for cash back, and will be excluded from spending in JULY! I need to spend extra $700 to make up for this deduction this month! June is my 1st month of new quarter cycle.. He says can only appeal after the quarter ends n submit for approval! Anyone encountered this n how the appeal goes?
if it is a fraud transaction in June, you should have reported it immediately and the card should be blocked and new card issued by UOB.
 

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2013
Messages
9,670
Reaction score
1,382
I have a fraud transaction $700 charged to my uob one cc in JUNE. Now i just got refunded w this amount in JULY.. I called in CS n check if this $700 is excluded from eligible spending for JUNE, or JULY.. he says included into JUNE spending for cash back, and will be excluded from spending in JULY! I need to spend extra $700 to make up for this deduction this month! June is my 1st month of new quarter cycle.. He says can only appeal after the quarter ends n submit for approval! Anyone encountered this n how the appeal goes?

appeal only after quarter has ended is UOB's SOP

usually appeal is bcos of shortfall in 1 month, then make up spend later .. mostly successful especially if 1st time

never experienced fraud refund though

so far, UOB's treatment has been fair. your reason seem legit but eventually up to UOB's discretion

if i were u, i wld just spend $500, then appeal .. the most i lose is $50 ( quarterly rebate )

either that, write off the first month's spend .. use other cards
 

koolkool

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2006
Messages
659
Reaction score
80
I am still confused from the replies on how to interpret the new minimum spend for One card after reading the above few responses on this topic. I thought point (2) in the change notice from UOB:

2. I have my UOB One Card issued before 1 July 2025, when will the conditions on my Quarterly Cashback be changed? To minimize disruptions to your current qualifying quarter, the following changes on your Quarterly Cashback will be effective from your next qualifying quarter from 1 September 2025 onwards.
Changes to the Quarterly Cashback will be effective from your next qualifying quarter that begins on or after 1 September as follows:
• September, October and November
• October, November and December
• November, December, January

So if my qualifying period is Oct to Dec, my statement is 2nd of each month, I should aim to spend $600 from 2 Oct - 1 Nov onwards so that the spending of $600 is being fulfilled for the statement on 2 Nov. Same for period 2 Nov - 1 Dec, and 2 Dec - 2 Jan. 2 Jan statement will be the one that I will get my cash rebate + additional rebates for spending $600 in the period Oct - Dec? At least that is how I understand this.
 

xoxozone

Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2010
Messages
479
Reaction score
52
if it is a fraud transaction in June, you should have reported it immediately and the card should be blocked and new card issued by UOB.
That’s what I did on the day itself when it got charged at end of June. So sway.. Then they need to take time to investigate the transaction if fraud is legit and then just got refunded yesterday posted in July. So I think I just spend $500 as usual and call in to appeal.
 

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2010
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
121
I am also Confused.

My existing cycle is Aug, Sep, Oct, typically under Tier 1 ($500).

With the revised Tier 1 ($600) starting 1 Sep, does it mean it is:

- Aug $500
- Sep $600
- Oct $600?
 

Mickey01

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2017
Messages
1,580
Reaction score
673
That’s what I did on the day itself when it got charged at end of June. So sway.. Then they need to take time to investigate the transaction if fraud is legit and then just got refunded yesterday posted in July. So I think I just spend $500 as usual and call in to appeal.
Fraud charges are not your spend. So you should just ignore the refund and spend $500 per month within the quarter.
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
I am also Confused.

My existing cycle is Aug, Sep, Oct, typically under Tier 1 ($500).

With the revised Tier 1 ($600) starting 1 Sep, does it mean it is:

- Aug $500
- Sep $600
- Oct $600?
refer to the faq, start statement month generated in nov to jan
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
I am still confused from the replies on how to interpret the new minimum spend for One card after reading the above few responses on this topic. I thought point (2) in the change notice from UOB:

2. I have my UOB One Card issued before 1 July 2025, when will the conditions on my Quarterly Cashback be changed? To minimize disruptions to your current qualifying quarter, the following changes on your Quarterly Cashback will be effective from your next qualifying quarter from 1 September 2025 onwards.
Changes to the Quarterly Cashback will be effective from your next qualifying quarter that begins on or after 1 September as follows:
• September, October and November
• October, November and December
• November, December, January

So if my qualifying period is Oct to Dec, my statement is 2nd of each month, I should aim to spend $600 from 2 Oct - 1 Nov onwards so that the spending of $600 is being fulfilled for the statement on 2 Nov. Same for period 2 Nov - 1 Dec, and 2 Dec - 2 Jan. 2 Jan statement will be the one that I will get my cash rebate + additional rebates for spending $600 in the period Oct - Dec? At least that is how I understand this.
if qualifying quarter is oct to dec. new scheme start for the following statement months
3 sep to 2 Oct
3 oct to 2 Nov
3 nov to 2 dec
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top