Where to tailor clothes =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

eplfanatic

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
14.5 I also cant... :(
Have 14meh??? Never see before leh.

I asked at several G2000 stores before. Most of the sales tell me smallest 15. Only once in a blue moon someone will tell me 14.5.
Pants too. I need a 27, but G2000 smallest is 28... :(


So nowadays, I am depending heavily on Topman. Coz their shirts are quite slim fitting.:D
Will get their xs. Will like to get xxs actually, but they claim Topman doesnt have that. Which actually they have in UK instead...

Aiya. try tailoring lo... trendy and get what u want .. that guy we mentioning about earlier charges 80 .. no harm trying... At least i see something different fr tailors in pennisular.
For me i am trying hard to get another trendy shirts tailor like him... yea he is a newbie he is young 26.. but shd give new entrepreneur a chance.. I support people who dare to b different
 
Last edited:

vofzxy

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2006
Messages
6,282
Reaction score
518
14.5 I also cant... :(
Have 14meh??? Never see before leh.

I asked at several G2000 stores before. Most of the sales tell me smallest 15. Only once in a blue moon someone will tell me 14.5.
Pants too. I need a 27, but G2000 smallest is 28... :(


So nowadays, I am depending heavily on Topman. Coz their shirts are quite slim fitting.:D
Will get their xs. Will like to get xxs actually, but they claim Topman doesnt have that. Which actually they have in UK instead...


hmmm i see i seee
can ask ur age? LOL...
no offence.... no want answer is fine...
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
What brand did your fren get?
He didnt tell me, I didnt ask also.
All he told me is one normal l/s shirt, 1 l/s with those sleeves that need cuff links, and a pair of pants

hmmm i see i seee
can ask ur age? LOL...
no offence.... no want answer is fine...
Not an issue. For men, age isnt really a factor to avoid.:)
I am 28

wa u guys really so small size...

ya lor...
I am the shortest among my buddies. They are all at least 1.75... whahahaa
but then of course i am the slimest and lighest among them also lah.:D
 

FreshRock

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2002
Messages
649
Reaction score
0
icyspawn, shall look forward to your new screen captures of the shirts from House :) I like Alfie's style in his shirts, too.
 

icyspawn

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2002
Messages
5,000
Reaction score
0
should be getting my shirt next week
and yes, he's more into fashionable shirts than business shirts
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
I went to peninsual to look for the shop Dreamland, and YES i found it.:D

I was served by this nice lady, whom took my measurements as well. I think she is the tailor. Her name is Amy.

Very nice lady. She will listen to your needs attentively and makes pretty gd suggestions.
Of course not forgetting those gd PR skills saying what your dressing so fashionable, your eyes are so beautiful. Makes me float in the sky.:p whahaah

Walked in initially wanting to make a shirt with floral fabrics. She showed me the series she has. And geez, i think she has at least 15 pcs!!!
So far the most i seen a tailor there has.
Went through for ard 10mins with her saying the pros and cons of each piece.

In the end I kinda back up floral coz it was too risky:p

So showed her the red and white striped fabric i have been asking for at many tailors. She went digging and digging through her stuff. Found a few pcs. And YES she found something very close to what i want. Thats item1
Then item2 is a pink fabric which I realise that i dun have among my working shirt.

Initially when i asked for a floral shirt and normal material shirt, she quoted me $190. Then when i end up not with the fabric, she was like "ahhh Actually I would have charge you $200 wan. But I told you $190 just now. $10 I dun want lor. For 1st time customer".
Very smart PR skills indeed...
Though i know it might not be true, but it does make a customer happy for a while.:D

She recommended french collar and sleeves with 2buttons which she claims to be IN now. She is the pro, so i left it to her to decide.

Told her i would like to have both pcs ard 3days before cny so that at least i still have ample time to wash them. BUT priority is worksmenship rather than speed.
 

biodraft

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2004
Messages
15,232
Reaction score
0
I went to peninsual to look for the shop Dreamland, and YES i found it.:D

I was served by this nice lady, whom took my measurements as well. I think she is the tailor. Her name is Amy.

Very nice lady. She will listen to your needs attentively and makes pretty gd suggestions.
Of course not forgetting those gd PR skills saying what your dressing so fashionable, your eyes are so beautiful. Makes me float in the sky.:p whahaah

Walked in initially wanting to make a shirt with floral fabrics. She showed me the series she has. And geez, i think she has at least 15 pcs!!!
So far the most i seen a tailor there has.
Went through for ard 10mins with her saying the pros and cons of each piece.

In the end I kinda back up floral coz it was too risky:p

So showed her the red and white striped fabric i have been asking for at many tailors. She went digging and digging through her stuff. Found a few pcs. And YES she found something very close to what i want. Thats item1
Then item2 is a pink fabric which I realise that i dun have among my working shirt.

Initially when i asked for a floral shirt and normal material shirt, she quoted me $190. Then when i end up not with the fabric, she was like "ahhh Actually I would have charge you $200 wan. But I told you $190 just now. $10 I dun want lor. For 1st time customer".
Very smart PR skills indeed...
Though i know it might not be true, but it does make a customer happy for a while.:D

She recommended french collar and sleeves with 2buttons which she claims to be IN now. She is the pro, so i left it to her to decide.

Told her i would like to have both pcs ard 3days before cny so that at least i still have ample time to wash them. BUT priority is worksmenship rather than speed.
share with us more about the lady
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
share with us more about the lady

I write so longwinded still no enough???:p

What else u need to know u ask lor. I try to see what i can what i know.

Anyway, I saw one of her customer brought a men fashion magazine asking her to tailor a replica pair of pants from the pics. its a CK item.

Its those pants without the belt loops, front has a flap and and the sides has buttons & flaps. Very old school pattern, but just more low wasit. Quite stylish. :)

Maybe when i go back collect my shirts can ask her do the same back in berms length.
 

biodraft

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2004
Messages
15,232
Reaction score
0
I write so longwinded still no enough???:p

What else u need to know u ask lor. I try to see what i can what i know.

Anyway, I saw one of her customer brought a men fashion magazine asking her to tailor a replica pair of pants from the pics. its a CK item.

Its those pants without the belt loops, front has a flap and and the sides has buttons & flaps. Very old school pattern, but just more low wasit. Quite stylish. :)

Maybe when i go back collect my shirts can ask her do the same back in berms length.
is the lady pretty? age? muahahaha
 

vofzxy

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2006
Messages
6,282
Reaction score
518
2 buttons are quite a statement i find....
it looks good.... a few labels have it now though...
if i dun remember wrongly....
 

lambert

Banned
Joined
Feb 11, 2001
Messages
1,585
Reaction score
0
I went to peninsual to look for the shop Dreamland, and YES i found it.:D

I was served by this nice lady, whom took my measurements as well. I think she is the tailor. Her name is Amy.

Very nice lady. She will listen to your needs attentively and makes pretty gd suggestions.
Of course not forgetting those gd PR skills saying what your dressing so fashionable, your eyes are so beautiful. Makes me float in the sky.:p whahaah

Walked in initially wanting to make a shirt with floral fabrics. She showed me the series she has. And geez, i think she has at least 15 pcs!!!
So far the most i seen a tailor there has.
Went through for ard 10mins with her saying the pros and cons of each piece.

In the end I kinda back up floral coz it was too risky:p

So showed her the red and white striped fabric i have been asking for at many tailors. She went digging and digging through her stuff. Found a few pcs. And YES she found something very close to what i want. Thats item1
Then item2 is a pink fabric which I realise that i dun have among my working shirt.

Initially when i asked for a floral shirt and normal material shirt, she quoted me $190. Then when i end up not with the fabric, she was like "ahhh Actually I would have charge you $200 wan. But I told you $190 just now. $10 I dun want lor. For 1st time customer".
Very smart PR skills indeed...
Though i know it might not be true, but it does make a customer happy for a while.:D

She recommended french collar and sleeves with 2buttons which she claims to be IN now. She is the pro, so i left it to her to decide.

Told her i would like to have both pcs ard 3days before cny so that at least i still have ample time to wash them. BUT priority is worksmenship rather than speed.


Care to share abt the pricing and the collection time ?
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
is the lady pretty? age? muahahaha

aiyo, tiko pek.:p
Not syt lah. Ard mother's age le. But very chatty lady. I should say she knows how to makes a customer feels good in her store.

She will comment what u have nice eyes lah, wearing nice accessories. Another customer walking in with a mag to custom tailor a pants from the pics inside. She will comment that man so IN, will read fashion magazines.
Measuring me that time, say what i so slim lah. blah blah.:p

Those talks which really makes a customer feel good in her store.

I got 1 pink shirt, 1 red & white stripes shirt. Both french collar, 2buttons sleeves. Taper back, slim fitting.
Total damage $190.

I did ask her abt pants. Her quotation is from ard $70-$90+++ depending on materials.

I told her to emphasise piority on workmenship, timing is secondary. But will be best if can 3days before cny. BUT told her impt is quality, time not a factor.:D

So that will be ard 2wks. Quite standard for a tailor there.
By right, since this is the 1st time i get my shirt from there. I should make 1piece to try try 1st wan. But her sales pitching is really gd.
So lets see how's her skills in 2wks time.
 

icyspawn

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2002
Messages
5,000
Reaction score
0
2 shirts for $190 where u see 3?

where exactly is dreamland? maybe i will try sometime next month. already did 2 shirts this month already
i dont like all those bull**** sweettalk actually... lol
doesnt make me feel good... do it too much and comes across as being insincere
 

biodraft

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2004
Messages
15,232
Reaction score
0
2 shirts for $190 where u see 3?

where exactly is dreamland? maybe i will try sometime next month. already did 2 shirts this month already
i dont like all those bull**** sweettalk actually... lol
doesnt make me feel good... do it too much and comes across as being insincere
sorry see wrongly lol
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top