Where to tailor clothes =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
yo guys just went to cyc to tailor 2 shirts for cny, a bit last min so no time to tailor pants. But find the lady Marie very friendly n helpful. Made a white herringbone shirt 2 ply cotton 100, for about 170sgd and another 2 ply cotton yellow shirt for 90sgd was on promotion. I find it a bit hard to find good white cotton shirts, cos most of them are very translucent can see my two "bits", hopefully this 1 will turn out fine..

I think they will carry MANY white fabrics for their regulars lor:p
whahahaa
 

theRenaissance

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2007
Messages
1,752
Reaction score
0
I think so far most ppl here only tried Tessutti, Men's Traditional and Personality.

This Dreamland tailor only "pop" up coz I mentioned I saw it on papers???

Actually I was thinking abt the floral fabrics.
When u roll up the sleeves, wouldnt the inside be something plain and not floral anymore???
At least thats what Amy the Dreamland's tailor told me...


IMO, their selections wont lose out to the 3 shops that are frequently mentioned here. Just floral fabrics, they already have SO MANY as compared to the others.

Yeah I agree that Dreamland's selection wont lose out to the rest, what I really like is amy's friendliness. Compared to when I went Tessuti to browse their fabrics, the lady there was :s22:

Anyway any ideas/suggestion on how to match a flora shirt? Jeans? Khakis?
 

Aleksandr

Master Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2001
Messages
2,588
Reaction score
13
Yeah I agree that Dreamland's selection wont lose out to the rest, what I really like is amy's friendliness. Compared to when I went Tessuti to browse their fabrics, the lady there was :s22:

Anyway any ideas/suggestion on how to match a flora shirt? Jeans? Khakis?

white chinos would be nice, unless the floral pattern has a lot of white, then i guess khakis will work.
 

icyspawn

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2002
Messages
5,000
Reaction score
0
Yeah I agree that Dreamland's selection wont lose out to the rest, what I really like is amy's friendliness. Compared to when I went Tessuti to browse their fabrics, the lady there was :s22:

Anyway any ideas/suggestion on how to match a flora shirt? Jeans? Khakis?

really? the lady is June... she nv give me any bad attitude before... but she's the salesperson so likes to sweettalk... talk rubbish... which i don't really like(maybe it's just me, i'm a quiet person) David on the other hand is a quiet and v nice chap

maybe the next tailors i'm going to try are probably Victor York and Dreamland...
 

theRenaissance

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2007
Messages
1,752
Reaction score
0
really? the lady is June... she nv give me any bad attitude before... but she's the salesperson so likes to sweettalk... talk rubbish... which i don't really like(maybe it's just me, i'm a quiet person) David on the other hand is a quiet and v nice chap

maybe the next tailors i'm going to try are probably Victor York and Dreamland...

Hows Victor York's pricing?
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
Yeah I agree that Dreamland's selection wont lose out to the rest, what I really like is amy's friendliness. Compared to when I went Tessuti to browse their fabrics, the lady there was :s22:

Anyway any ideas/suggestion on how to match a flora shirt? Jeans? Khakis?

hmm...

How abt dark color or raw jeans?

Anyway, Dreamland they have many different floral fabrics lor.
Black base with small red flowers, white base with purple flowers, white base with pink flowers, brown base with slight yellowish flowers etc etc.

The black base wan caught my attention.

I think eventually it will depend on the colors and designs of the fabric u choose.
But 1 thing I think is cant too loose fitting, will look quite bad...

Dunno sia. Come to think of which, how do those magazines match and mix their floral tops for men huh???
Black pants look abit weird also. White? khaki?
 

theRenaissance

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2007
Messages
1,752
Reaction score
0
Black based? I dont remember seeing a black based one but theres a light grey background with small red roses. (made that) I was thinking of either raw denim or khaki. Hmm...
 

icyspawn

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2002
Messages
5,000
Reaction score
0
i also wanna make a floral shirt for casual wear or at least something with floral fabric patches here and there
 

FreshRock

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2002
Messages
649
Reaction score
0
I had my floral shirt tailored at Oxford. Perhaps I should head down to Dreamland to take a look.
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
Black based? I dont remember seeing a black based one but theres a light grey background with small red roses. (made that) I was thinking of either raw denim or khaki. Hmm...

I can b e very certain not grey. And it has very small flowers on it.
Its a very very dark tone. I could have mistaken dark blue for black.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top