Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

Jun Jun

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2016
Messages
1,302
Reaction score
184
Some flaws stated by buyers and reviewers below. Maybe u decide how they fare against cheaper tws.

1) Although they boast excellent earbud battery life, ironically many people cannot stand wearing it for long. Apparently comfort level is an issue.

2) It has connectivity issues which Creative had acknowledged and proposed a solution -https://www.scarbir.com/tws/creative-outlier-air-vs-gold-review

Comfort wise can try other eartips, heard some people gets ear infection with the default eartips.
 

Jun Jun

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2016
Messages
1,302
Reaction score
184
Any recommendation please for budget of $100? Thank you!

Sabbat e12 ultra if you are looking for bass, plus they have new marble designs coming in and are currently on sale. They support aptx tws+
Creative works too but fit might be an issue. Supports aptx tws+ too.
Nuarl nt110 is pretty decent if you prefer a more neutral sound. Supports aptx tws+ as well.

All 3 earbuds if I am not wrong supports both AAC for iphone and aptx for android.
Note* Only the sabbat supports qi wireless charging
 

boiboi123

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2008
Messages
1,928
Reaction score
5
Sabbat e12 ultra if you are looking for bass, plus they have new marble designs coming in and are currently on sale. They support aptx tws+
Creative works too but fit might be an issue. Supports aptx tws+ too.
Nuarl nt110 is pretty decent if you prefer a more neutral sound. Supports aptx tws+ as well.

All 3 earbuds if I am not wrong supports both AAC for iphone and aptx for android.
Note* Only the sabbat supports qi wireless charging

Thank you! Where did you find the sabbat on sale? Also saw that Nuarl is $100++ so I think a little out of budget.

Creative outlier air seems good..
 

Remless

Master Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2016
Messages
2,837
Reaction score
294
Comfort wise can try other eartips, heard some people gets ear infection with the default eartips.

Wow... ear infection!? Goodness....

I agree with the change of eartips. It actually play a very important factor for improving sound quality and getting better seal/comfort.

I am a sabbat e12 ultra user. This pair has near non-existent noise cancelling and I cannot get a good seal with the default eartips. But luckily I kept all the spare eartips of the wired earphones I used before and tried if they fit.

I managed to get a perfect fit from an old eartip that seals well, improving sound quality and noise cancelling than using the packaged eartips.
 

Remless

Master Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2016
Messages
2,837
Reaction score
294
Thank you! Where did you find the sabbat on sale? Also saw that Nuarl is $100++ so I think a little out of budget.

Creative outlier air seems good..

I paid $64 for a brand new rock & roll coffee version of e12 ultra in qoo10 around 1 mth ago. Not sure how much the current sales go for. The lowest I saw while shopping for it was $60 (though it is shipped from china and due to covid-19 thing, shipping was very delayed and I cancelled the order. Went for a local seller who is able to ship fast at $4 more).

Just for your consideration.

Another model you can consider is FIIL T1x. It is more expensive than Sabbat, but reviews was very good. It even has an app for you to configure stuff and a low latency mode for games.

https://www.scarbir.com/tws/fiil-t1x-review

Lazada and Shopee is selling for $70++
 

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2009
Messages
34,777
Reaction score
2,399
Differences? Plenty.

N6 pro

3 buttons design basically made for single ear use.

Battery 8-11hrs depending on the codecs use.
With case 32/55hrs usage.

Sound quality-wise is more towards the vocals, bass is there but not too present.

Ipx4 water resistance

Nt110

Made for sports with ipx7 water resistance

Single ear button

Battery life 6.5-9.5hrs depending on the codec used. With charging case support up to 6 times.

Both can be used for sports, however if you are the careless type and tends to drop your earbuds into water then get the nt110. But if you care for sound quality more get the n6 series they can still withstand splash but definitely not dipping in water. Note: for thw N6 they have have a stronger bass than the pros but sacrifice in sound-stage/clarity and also for the pros they do come with a cp360 spinfit eartips which n6 doesn't.

Thanks. Is the sound on the NT110 good or bad in any way? If the sound isn't too bad then it is a excellent choice for sports.
 

Remless

Master Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2016
Messages
2,837
Reaction score
294
Between these 2, what would you recommend?

Anker soundcore liberty 2
SOUL XT XS 2

Just my 2 cents worth. ;)

As more and more device manufacturers ditch the 3.5mm port, there are more and more tws bluetooth surfacing, even for under $100 there are so many choices. I don't think the folks here are able to give you a good comparison since we don't really have the capacity to try every single tws out in the market.

Besides, everyone's expectation for sound and comfort are different. We probably can only inform which models out there are released, and which ones have good reviews that are worth considering.

I personally had started from trying the no-brand ones, to the branded ones, to high end ones. I end up selling the high end ones and settled for a few like sabbat e12 ultra, haylou gt2, etc cos' they meet my needs and has better 'value'.

To help you choose, there are various factors to a tws. Perhaps u can start from the ones you can compromise. I can assure you, there is no perfect tws and it is not due to your budget. Even high end and expensive ones like sennheiser momentum, which has awesome sound quality, have their fair share of problems like connectivity issues.

Some factors include:
Sound quality
Bass strength
Comfort and fit
Phone call quality
Stability of connection
Audio/Video sync
Availability of an app for tweaking/firmware updates
Water resistant
Support for Aptx/AAC/etc
Latency (for gaming)
Portability of case
Battery life of buds
Battery life of case
Price

After deciding which you can compromise, then choose the factors which are very important to you. Be realistic. Eg, you cannot have portability and good case battery life together :D, since those models with good case battery life generally have bigger, bulkier case.

After going through this, you generally will know which ones you will narrow to. I highly recommend you to try out the cheaper ones like haylou gt2 and soundpeats truedots. I am surprised how much value it gives and how good it sounds at this kind of prices. (I got gt2 for $13.50 as the seller gives me $10 discount for just following his shop. Its a real steal. The sound quality of it compared e12 ultra is not that far away).

Note: Brandless ones are trash. They either have poor sound quality, build or connection keeps breaking.


Additional factors to consider also:
Design
(Little beanies, bigger bud or stem. Generally stem design has better call quality, but not everyone like the stem design)

Build for sports eg, wings or other such measures that prevent the buds from dropping out during workout.

Touch or button input
(Some models have overly sensitive touch sensors that its a real hassle, especially when u simply want to adjust the earbuds placement)

IOS or android device u are connecting to.
(Like many said, IOS device users generally will choose airpods as they work best in the ecology. If airpods is beyond the budget, then you have to carefully read reviews and buyer opinions as many 3rd party brand tws do not work well with IOS devices, like audio/video sync issues even when watching youtube)
 
Last edited:

jennlimm

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2019
Messages
70
Reaction score
4
Between these 2, what would you recommend?

Anker soundcore liberty 2
SOUL XT XS 2
I think the Anker Soundcore Liberty is better man, I've used it for a while now and they're really comfy in my ears and the sound quality is awesome. I bought it from Shopee and they're having flash deal on it now for $119!! (shouldve waited sia hahaha) - https://shopee.sg/Anker-Soundcore-L...ink-Noise-Cancellation--i.17628187.7108403206

now's their 3.3 sale too, so you can claim vouchers to use on it and make it even cheaper
 

ksksksks

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2016
Messages
1,891
Reaction score
3
Anker can only consider their liberty 2 pro. The rest are pretty much crap but still the liberty 2 pro has a lot of complaints regarding the static sound.



Between these 2, what would you recommend?

Anker soundcore liberty 2
SOUL XT XS 2
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
Solid advice here. There are so many good TWS these days, even at really low price point. Another thing I want to add is that TWS are typically not that lasting. The batteries inside are mostly not user replaceable, at least not easily. Due to their design, they're almost constantly at 100% charge while in the case for long periods of time, also they have small batteries and go through a ton a charging cycles if you're a heavy user. Both of which degrade the battery over time. So you have to see budget and look at options you're comfortable with.

Oh, since you mentioned soundpeats truedot, it recently got a really good review from Scarbir.com and is his top option for under US$25. From his review and comparison with a few other TWS I've tried, I think that the Haylou GT1 Plus might have a similar sound signature to the truedot actually, and the GT1 Plus is pretty much my favourite TWS now in terms of value. :s13: now just waiting for him to get his GT1 Plus and compare them.

Just my 2 cents worth. ;)

As more and more device manufacturers ditch the 3.5mm port, there are more and more tws bluetooth surfacing, even for under $100 there are so many choices. I don't think the folks here are able to give you a good comparison since we don't really have the capacity to try every single tws out in the market.

Besides, everyone's expectation for sound and comfort are different. We probably can only inform which models out there are released, and which ones have good reviews that are worth considering.

I personally had started from trying the no-brand ones, to the branded ones, to high end ones. I end up selling the high end ones and settled for a few like sabbat e12 ultra, haylou gt2, etc cos' they meet my needs and has better 'value'.

To help you choose, there are various factors to a tws. Perhaps u can start from the ones you can compromise. I can assure you, there is no perfect tws and it is not due to your budget. Even high end and expensive ones like sennheiser momentum, which has awesome sound quality, have their fair share of problems like connectivity issues.

Some factors include:
Sound quality
Bass strength
Comfort and fit
Phone call quality
Stability of connection
Audio/Video sync
Availability of an app for tweaking/firmware updates
Water resistant
Support for Aptx/AAC/etc
Latency (for gaming)
Portability of case
Battery life of buds
Battery life of case
Price

After deciding which you can compromise, then choose the factors which are very important to you. Be realistic. Eg, you cannot have portability and good case battery life together :D, since those models with good case battery life generally have bigger, bulkier case.

After going through this, you generally will know which ones you will narrow to. I highly recommend you to try out the cheaper ones like haylou gt2 and soundpeats truedots. I am surprised how much value it gives and how good it sounds at this kind of prices. (I got gt2 for $13.50 as the seller gives me $10 discount for just following his shop. Its a real steal. The sound quality of it compared e12 ultra is not that far away).

Note: Brandless ones are trash. They either have poor sound quality, build or connection keeps breaking.


Additional factors to consider also:
Design
(Little beanies, bigger bud or stem. Generally stem design has better call quality, but not everyone like the stem design)

Build for sports eg, wings or other such measures that prevent the buds from dropping out during workout.

Touch or button input
(Some models have overly sensitive touch sensors that its a real hassle, especially when u simply want to adjust the earbuds placement)

IOS or android device u are connecting to.
(Like many said, IOS device users generally will choose airpods as they work best in the ecology. If airpods is beyond the budget, then you have to carefully read reviews and buyer opinions as many 3rd party brand tws do not work well with IOS devices, like audio/video sync issues even when watching youtube)
 

Jun Jun

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2016
Messages
1,302
Reaction score
184
For those looking for n6/pro, look elsewhere. Although it is built for spund quality, the qc has not been there. First pair I own, have intermittent sound dropouts and driver flex issue with the left ear. Went to svc center to change, intermittent connection issue is still there and whats worse, the paint peeled off despite just recently bought. Exchanged and now on the third set, the driver flex on left ear is still present.

For the driver flex issue I faced, when I put in the earbud there is a pop sound and the volume is very soft when this happens!

Call quality on these are pretty mediocre, at times the other party cannot hear me as these only have two mics unlike other brands coming out with triple/quad mics.

This is not acceptable for a $250+ product!
 
Last edited:

Remless

Master Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2016
Messages
2,837
Reaction score
294
Solid advice here. There are so many good TWS these days, even at really low price point. Another thing I want to add is that TWS are typically not that lasting. The batteries inside are mostly not user replaceable, at least not easily. Due to their design, they're almost constantly at 100% charge while in the case for long periods of time, also they have small batteries and go through a ton a charging cycles if you're a heavy user. Both of which degrade the battery over time. So you have to see budget and look at options you're comfortable with.

Oh, since you mentioned soundpeats truedot, it recently got a really good review from Scarbir.com and is his top option for under US$25. From his review and comparison with a few other TWS I've tried, I think that the Haylou GT1 Plus might have a similar sound signature to the truedot actually, and the GT1 Plus is pretty much my favourite TWS now in terms of value. :s13: now just waiting for him to get his GT1 Plus and compare them.


Yeah. Your comments strike a cord here as these can almost qualify to be classified as 'consumables'.

I had several earpieces from the BT4.0/4.2 era. All of their battery had degraded and within 10 minutes after charging, the low batt indicator will sound.

Another issue is they are so hard to sell as used. I had a hard time selling away my sennheiser momentum away. It was an impulse buy on my part, having want to own one of the best sounding tws, but its fraught with issues. Unstable connection, below average call quality and battery issues. I consider myself lucky to be able to sell it away.

Expensive does not equate to quality here. Honestly speaking, after using momentum, it does not really make my sub-$100 earpieces sound bad. The downgrade is not something I cannot accept and compromise. Actually, I feel that they are of even better value than that $400 earpiece, since they have less problems.

I don't think these are products which has many people actively looking for a used set. I myself is apprehensive in buying a 2nd-hand set for something people shove into their ears.
 

happily1986

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2007
Messages
1,192
Reaction score
110
Does anyone know the differences between Mifo O5, O5 plus and the O5 pro?

I actually do have a daily driver which is an wired IEM which i think i will continue using as a daily driver and the TWS earbuds probably will be used during exercise or when i go hiking. I was mindful that the Mifo earbuds are kinda out of the USD50 price bracket but i am attracted to the emphasis on battery life and the fact that the O5 plus features a balanced armature driver
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top