Wireless IP Camera thread

eauyong

Reaction score
So it records locally in the SD card.
Only send notifications to Xiaomi server and my hp.

I can connect remotely and access the cameras if required?
Yes. You can access any of the cameras by your mobile or home computer and play back the frames to "catch the culprit" be it an insect. :rolleyes:

Hot2002

Reaction score
Thank you! I managed to get it up and running based on your recommendations.
But I guess if you want to secure the ddns (e.g. using https) need to pay right?
A bit disappointed with this Sineoji. Initially bought it avoid all the hassle of port forwarding.
I wonder if this encrypted IP affected only Sineoji IP cam or other brands as well.

Regards
Does sineoji support https ?

[Mubiq]

Reaction score
Hi peeps my Xiaomi mijia camera give going offline and I have reset to it often to get it working

I can view on both wireless and mobile network.

localITguy

Suspended
Reaction score
try to delete the Xiaomi app data and re-install the app completely.

my Vaccum also got issues displaying correctly

I suspect is the APP issue/server issue

superpoo

Reaction score
But I guess if you want to secure the ddns (e.g. using https) need to pay right?
A bit disappointed with this Sineoji. Initially bought it avoid all the hassle of port forwarding.
I wonder if this encrypted IP affected only Sineoji IP cam or other brands as well.

Regards

Hi there! Do you mind sharing with me how you managed to set up your PT716? Am having the exact problem accessing my baby camera outside of Wifi! Detailed steps will be appreciated as I am a noob with these IT stuff. Thanks a lot in advance

Tantan86

Reaction score

Regards
hi are you able to share how did you manage to get it up and running i am also using Sineoji ip camera. Thanks in advance

victorkk

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have 2 Mi 2k pro bought recently. Camera one was connected to WiFi very easily while camera two cannot connect to WiFi no matter i change router settings such as enable SSID broadcast, disable MAC filtering, disable IP reservation.

My setup is Singtel mesh router ---- Ethernet------> Netgeat EX20 ----- WiFi 2.4 ----> Mi camera 1 and 2

The seller for the Mi cameras managed to connect camera two to his network when i bring down to the office.

Mi Home mobile app would report that it is able to "connect to device", "sent message to device" but then time out when "connecting device to network". I have tried both WiFi 2.4 and WiFi 5. I have placed the camera two near EX20 with line of sight.

Any gurus encountered this before?

NiHaoma123

Reaction score
I got a xiaomi mijia 360 home security camera with baby cry detection. However the AI does not seem to be able to detect any cries.

Anyone has any advise?

victorkk

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have 2 Mi 2k pro bought recently. Camera one was connected to WiFi very easily while camera two cannot connect to WiFi no matter i change router settings such as enable SSID broadcast, disable MAC filtering, disable IP reservation.

My setup is Singtel mesh router ---- Ethernet------> Netgeat EX20 ----- WiFi 2.4 ----> Mi camera 1 and 2

The seller for the Mi cameras managed to connect camera two to his network when i bring down to the office.

Mi Home mobile app would report that it is able to "connect to device", "sent message to device" but then time out when "connecting device to network". I have tried both WiFi 2.4 and WiFi 5. I have placed the camera two near EX20 with line of sight.

Any gurus encountered this before?
Seller came to my place to test camera two and another camera he brought as spare. Both cant connect. we removed camera one from mi home app and add either of the three cameras, only camera one can be added. strange.

Sending back camera two for refund. probably not as robust as i thought.

eauyong

Reaction score
Seller came to my place to test camera two and another camera he brought as spare. Both cant connect. we removed camera one from mi home app and add either of the three cameras, only camera one can be added. strange.

Sending back camera two for refund. probably not as robust as i thought.
Some models have 2 versions; China domestic version and International version which can connect to Singapore server. Avoid Chinese fimware version.

eauyong

Reaction score
I got a xiaomi mijia 360 home security camera with baby cry detection. However the AI does not seem to be able to detect any cries.

Anyone has any advise?
1) Home surveillance settings > Detection push notifications > Event notification > Motion detected & Person detected in the survielled area.

2) Home surveillance settings > Sensivity setting > High.

Select all above.

victorkk

Reaction score
Some models have 2 versions; China domestic version and International version which can connect to Singapore server. Avoid Chinese fimware version.
the seller sells the "global" version so i guess it is not China version. Anyway, we didn't check if this is the case.

localITguy

Suspended
Reaction score
the seller sells the "global" version so i guess it is not China version. Anyway, we didn't check if this is the case.
Likely is a factory defective issue.

i have 2 units (global version) mijia. and had no issues at all. only sometimes the app takes awhile to connect

ah_cleo

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone encounter the mi home app unable to launch or connect to their cam sometimes? only happen on samsung phone though.. same camera, same time. other phone can launch the app to view the cam but just not samsung.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
my ip camera gg

it seen like wanscam & sineoji also gg..

Do anyone which model / brand can do similar setup like wanscam & sineoji which allow u configure the setting yourself via the browser and watch video ?

not using mobile.

hIFDDdA.png

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
hi are you able to share how did you manage to get it up and running i am also using Sineoji ip camera. Thanks in advance
Hi there! Do you mind sharing with me how you managed to set up your PT716? Am having the exact problem accessing my baby camera outside of Wifi! Detailed steps will be appreciated as I am a noob with these IT stuff. Thanks a lot in advance
the router need to do port forwarding..

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.