Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dj_flame

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2009
Messages
1,022
Reaction score
0
On the subject of boots, my holy grail is a pair of Ann Demeulemeester black combat boots.

img-thing


Because #swag #fashunz #notmenswear
 

clokwerk0

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Messages
922
Reaction score
6
Just a quick question regarding Loake last sizing.

Currently I am wearing Capital last UK 8, if I would get a pair of boots in Pennine last based on the description I should be getting UK 7.5.

Any advice on this?

Thanks! :D

I have a pair of Loakes' Chukkas (UK10.5) in the Pennine last and it is quite a generous last. A lot of room in the toebox area and with high instep.

Don't have any other pair of Loakes, but if I was to compare it to my Grenson Fred (UK10.5, wide G-Fitting, 201 last), it is a tad more generous.
 

JoePilot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2011
Messages
10,132
Reaction score
239
What do y'all wear with yer boots?
I know below is denim, but top I dunno lol
 

cokiee

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2012
Messages
1,158
Reaction score
0
Had the chance to pop into metro today and tried on a pair of loake 1880s on the capital last. Was very surprised.

I currently wear a Elland, which sits on the 085 last and is a default G fitting - this fits me well. I also have a pair of 771T, which is on the 3625 last, F fitting, and this is just ever so slightly loose, but still bearable. Both are on size 9.

The pair i tried on - i forgot the model but it was a bi-coloured pair, and I can't find the model on the website now - was on the capital last, f fitting.

I tried on the size 9, and this was not just loose, but also very elongated. Tried on the 8, and for this the length felt about right, but it was a bit tight, to the extent where I'm not sure wearing it in till the leather loosens and the shoe bed sinks in will help.

le sigh. Looks like the hunt continues.
 

Shiro MS08th

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2004
Messages
1,502
Reaction score
2
Had the chance to pop into metro today and tried on a pair of loake 1880s on the capital last. Was very surprised.

I currently wear a Elland, which sits on the 085 last and is a default G fitting - this fits me well. I also have a pair of 771T, which is on the 3625 last, F fitting, and this is just ever so slightly loose, but still bearable. Both are on size 9.

The pair i tried on - i forgot the model but it was a bi-coloured pair, and I can't find the model on the website now - was on the capital last, f fitting.

I tried on the size 9, and this was not just loose, but also very elongated. Tried on the 8, and for this the length felt about right, but it was a bit tight, to the extent where I'm not sure wearing it in till the leather loosens and the shoe bed sinks in will help.

le sigh. Looks like the hunt continues.

Get the 8.5 then?
 

turboo

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2011
Messages
993
Reaction score
9
turboo said:
i bought a pair of AEs online couple months back and it was too big for me (bought US9 knowing that all my other shoes are also US9). A waste

Is there anywhere in Singapore that I can try on the shoes before buying? I really like their designs and durability.

Got 9D or 9EEE?
9D -> 9D a insole will solve the problem unless You saying 9D from AE fits like a 10+

I got a 9D but after adding the insole, it only fills the space from bottom to top, but not front to rear. too much space at the back.

Is there some thick rubber strip (ready made solution) that I can apply to the heel area of the shoe to fill up this space?
 

Shiro MS08th

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2004
Messages
1,502
Reaction score
2
Yes, but mine is stormwelt, so actually with shipping sgd200+

So do we have any basic pricing quote ah?
Or only can know through their email?

Their site also no explain all the last fitting one, only show pics on Instagram...

But the same problem still presents itself - not being able to try the shoes first :(

But yes looking out for that hehehe.

You roughly gauge liao lor, so much savings already on Robinsons compared to buying locally. Calculated risk la, since you already tried few sizes, can make a decision.
 

-nzy90

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2007
Messages
6,606
Reaction score
4
So do we have any basic pricing quote ah?
Or only can know through their email?

Their site also no explain all the last fitting one, only show pics on Instagram...



You roughly gauge liao lor, so much savings already on Robinsons compared to buying locally. Calculated risk la, since you already tried few sizes, can make a decision.
You can email them for the form then choose the options and they will reply with the price.

Sent from Samsung SM-N920G using GAGT
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top