Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

paladin

Banned
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,520
Reaction score
252
Are both your boots on their Serenity last?

SIC link to TXTURE MTO FORM

No. Siuri.

I was warned on serenity, so I swapped midway my order to siuri.

Are we deviating from thread. Boots not really working shoes for most people.

How is the quality for santalum and junkard boots? Junkard offers free resole and 1 yr warranty, but more costly than txture but diff designs. I like their lace to toe design. Leather looks good
 
Last edited:

supernova

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2008
Messages
1,067
Reaction score
0
I am thinking of an Enzo Bonafe GMTO.. any interest

I have always been keen to get a pair of green leather shoes, and am thinking of a pair of Enzo Bonafe lazyman. Will be very similar to the pictures, except for the last. Details:

LL

LL


Enzo Bonafe
Model: 3937 lazyman (same as pic)
Colour: Vitello 22721 (green, same as pic; may also be interested in green lama calf but without medallion)
Last: 804 (this is different from the pic, see last shape of the same model in a different colour)
Medallion (same as pic)
Brown edge dressing and laces (same as pic)
Bombe construction with rounded edges, 100% hand welted (same as pic)
Lining: natural
Sole: two toned donkey-back single leather sole (I am open to other options)
I prefer toe taps, but am open to exclude.

Any interest for GMTO? We need 4 to go. Price should be 4480 SEK (ex-VAT) + 400SEK (ex-VAT) for toe taps. Looking to get from Skoak. This works out to be S$704 + $63 toe taps, at today's exchange rate. This is excluding GST (which may be charged), and shipping is free and fast (Fedex).

I have also posted on Styleforum... hopefully there will be interest :)
 
Last edited:

Shiro MS08th

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2004
Messages
1,502
Reaction score
2
No. Siuri.

I was warned on serenity, so I swapped midway my order to siuri.

Are we deviating from thread. Boots not really working shoes for most people.

How is the quality for santalum and junkard boots? Junkard offers free resole and 1 yr warranty, but more costly than txture but diff designs. I like their lace to toe design. Leather looks good

So how the width for Siuri?
Say compared to Loake Capital last or Carmina Rain last, or even against Red Wing 875?
 

likehotbutter

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
5,776
Reaction score
794
Boots not really working shoes for most people.

How is the quality for santalum and junkard boots? Junkard offers free resole and 1 yr warranty, but more costly than txture but diff designs. I like their lace to toe design. Leather looks good

Depends on what kind of boots hehe

From my pairs, Sagara > Santalum in quality, esp the finishing

Buy those were santalum's early days, they may have improved

Shld be finalising my siuri warhorse order as well soon. May i ask what size are you?
 

Shiro MS08th

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2004
Messages
1,502
Reaction score
2
I do not have any of the shoes you mentioned. My carmina also not rain last.width good for me for hiking boots

I see! I also looking to get a normal/slight wide width for hiking boots style, not for work dressier style boots.

Depends on what kind of boots hehe

From my pairs, Sagara > Santalum in quality, esp the finishing

Buy those were santalum's early days, they may have improved

Shld be finalising my siuri warhorse order as well soon. May i ask what size are you?

I'm am looking to get a Warhorse boots from them too!
But currently need to understand the 3 different sizes from them first, most likely the normal or wider last one I guess since I have a slight wide feet.

Looking at Warhorse boots, Oxblood colour, stitchdown, with Dainite sole.
 

paladin

Banned
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,520
Reaction score
252
Depends on what kind of boots hehe

From my pairs, Sagara > Santalum in quality, esp the finishing

Buy those were santalum's early days, they may have improved

Shld be finalising my siuri warhorse order as well soon. May i ask what size are you?
Sagara is expensive. Easily usd200+
 

paladin

Banned
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,520
Reaction score
252
I see! I also looking to get a normal/slight wide width for hiking boots style, not for work dressier style boots.



I'm am looking to get a Warhorse boots from them too!
But currently need to understand the 3 different sizes from them first, most likely the normal or wider last one I guess since I have a slight wide feet.

Looking at Warhorse boots, Oxblood colour, stitchdown, with Dainite sole.

Dainite need to top up 400k idr if I am not wrong. Stitch down top up 50k. Your boots good for kitchen and snow.
 

supernova

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2008
Messages
1,067
Reaction score
0
IIRC Bombè is not a 100% handwelt. The waist is Blake stitched.

Goodluck on your GTMO, am in the midst of settling a Bonafe MTO as well

Thanks likehotbutter. I am referring to the 100% hand welted but rounded edges. I recently also commissioned an MTO and made sure this is correct (or so I hope). The one in the pic I attached earlier (reattached for easy ref) is also fully hand welted. May want to consider this for your MTO :)

LL


On an unrelated note, think I may have to go for MTO instead of GMTO... hard to find others interested in this colour scheme and make up.

1. Goodyear 2C: This construction is composed by two different moments: 1. after the shoe is lasted, we have the hand welting in the front part of the shoe; 2. then the outer sole is applied and stitched by Blake machine in the waists. The result of this construction is that you will have the thickness and the width of a standard single leather sole in the front part of the shoe but very narrow and round waists. A perfect choice for a very elegant shoe and this was also the construction method used for this GMTO.
2. Bombè waist: The main difference with full hand welted (270 degrees welt) construction with this bombè waists is that the shoe is completely hand welted, and therefore the waists are the same thickness for the front part and waist. Bombè means that the sole edges near the waist are rounded and that can be done for both sides or only one side, depending on the customer's preferred choice.
 

paladin

Banned
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,520
Reaction score
252
I see! I also looking to get a normal/slight wide width for hiking boots style, not for work dressier style boots.



I'm am looking to get a Warhorse boots from them too!
But currently need to understand the 3 different sizes from them first, most likely the normal or wider last one I guess since I have a slight wide feet.

Looking at Warhorse boots, Oxblood colour, stitchdown, with Dainite sole.

https://www.instagram.com/p/s9CicxQRuP/
 

Daniel.Y

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2013
Messages
731
Reaction score
0
Thanks likehotbutter. I am referring to the 100% hand welted but rounded edges. I recently also commissioned an MTO and made sure this is correct (or so I hope). The one in the pic I attached earlier (reattached for easy ref) is also fully hand welted. May want to consider this for your MTO :)

LL


On an unrelated note, think I may have to go for MTO instead of GMTO... hard to find others interested in this colour scheme and make up.

I think there's someone selling a new pair on the exact design shown above in uk 7.5 over at styleforum's menswear classified.. If that's in your size..

Nonetheless.. Green lama calf.. Abit hard la bro
 

supernova

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2008
Messages
1,067
Reaction score
0
I think there's someone selling a new pair on the exact design shown above in uk 7.5 over at styleforum's menswear classified.. If that's in your size..

Nonetheless.. Green lama calf.. Abit hard la bro

Yea. That's what inspired this GMTO attempt cos I can't fit it and don't quite like 946 last anyway. Ok to go for regular green calf (like the pic) than lama calf la :)
 

Shiro MS08th

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2004
Messages
1,502
Reaction score
2
Dainite need to top up 400k idr if I am not wrong. Stitch down top up 50k. Your boots good for kitchen and snow.

https://www.instagram.com/p/s9CicxQRuP/

400k IDR is quite a bit to top up, maybe I should check how much is the Vibram commando sole. If that one no need to topup I will get that. If both about the same amount of topup then Dainite liao.

The photo don't illustrate the width, which is rather important to my a bit wide and fat feet lol!
 

likehotbutter

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
5,776
Reaction score
794
On an unrelated note, think I may have to go for MTO instead of GMTO... hard to find others interested in this colour scheme and make up.

I'm providing my own leather (horween navy cordfovan), so its def an MTO for me :s13:

George boot, thinking 804 last, double leather sole in 360 chain stitch norvegese with those sexy braided laces
 

cokiee

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2012
Messages
1,158
Reaction score
0
Does anyone know what the proper way to measure shoes are? Meermin has v kindly emailed me the measurements of one of their sizes / last, but I'm not sure where and how this should be compared to my current pair of shoes - some of the measurements look quite off (Especially if I am measuring from, f.e.x. sole):

L 305mm shoe outsole 9UK

W 107mm shoe outsole 9UK

L 288mm shoe insole 9UK

W 103mm last insole 9UK

Foot 27,2 cm 9UK
 

arthur5011

Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2001
Messages
106
Reaction score
0
hey guys.. anyone of you experience about Antonio Maurizi Shoes? saw it on barney warehouse at less than 100 USD.. how is the sizing & build?? i wonder why is so cheap
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top