Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxjhxxx

Master Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2007
Messages
2,784
Reaction score
10
i saw this brown Hanson Bootmaker shoes.. really like the color. Is the brand reliable? Anyone know if theres other brands with the similar color for below $200?

shoe1.jpg
 

brightside

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2007
Messages
1,065
Reaction score
1
Shoegazing recently gave a favorable review of Orban's, that retails at 150 euros, just slightly above your budget.
Otherwise, Bata ambassador gets some love here.
May I suggest a brown captoe oxford for your first pair instead?

Interesting point about orbans! But im not too sure how sizing will be like. Anyway i can try a pair locally? Bata ambassador sounds good. I'll probably check it out too.

I actually have a pair of Brown/tan brogue derbys from Zara (yes i know, Zara :s22:) but still, since I already have a brown toned shoe, thought of getting a black workhorse pair!
 

Daniel.Y

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2013
Messages
731
Reaction score
0
Torn betw Enzo's and Antonio's chukkas

Enzo-Bonafe-3403-mod-Tarnsjo-Oak-74945-Last-NEW-1_1024x1024.jpg


IMG_5229-2.jpg

I am hopping on to this pair of Enzo Chukkas too..

Since the Enzo pair would only be ready in mar 2017, you might want to consider having the Antonio chukka to wear from now till mar 2017. If that helps in your reasoning 😉
 

Daniel.Y

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2013
Messages
731
Reaction score
0
Interesting point about orbans! But im not too sure how sizing will be like. Anyway i can try a pair locally? Bata ambassador sounds good. I'll probably check it out too.

I actually have a pair of Brown/tan brogue derbys from Zara (yes i know, Zara :s22:) but still, since I already have a brown toned shoe, thought of getting a black workhorse pair!

Second TM's recommendation. Bata ambassador would be a good start, coupled with their discounts/sales from time to time.
 

thundermarch

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
1,082
Reaction score
0
Does water intake make a difference? Generally drink more water when I am in office (which is mainly when I wear dress shoes) than when I am not.

Think I need to start observing!

Well, it does make a bit of a difference to me in an especially snug pair.
Otherwise not really.
That being said, a bit of dependent oedema at the end of a long day is pretty normal.
 

thundermarch

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
1,082
Reaction score
0
Interesting point about orbans! But im not too sure how sizing will be like. Anyway i can try a pair locally? Bata ambassador sounds good. I'll probably check it out too.

I actually have a pair of Brown/tan brogue derbys from Zara (yes i know, Zara :s22:) but still, since I already have a brown toned shoe, thought of getting a black workhorse pair!

Unfortunately I don't think there's a way to try Orban's locally. Might need to take a risk on the sizing.
Well, a tan brogue derby is.... quite different from a brown captoe oxford. I would go out on a limb to say that it's probably the ONE shoe. But well, it's up to you.
 

brightside

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2007
Messages
1,065
Reaction score
1
Shoegazing recently gave a favorable review of Orban's, that retails at 150 euros, just slightly above your budget.
Otherwise, Bata ambassador gets some love here.
May I suggest a brown captoe oxford for your first pair instead?

Unfortunately I don't think there's a way to try Orban's locally. Might need to take a risk on the sizing.
Well, a tan brogue derby is.... quite different from a brown captoe oxford. I would go out on a limb to say that it's probably the ONE shoe. But well, it's up to you.


Daaaamn i love your conviction lah. I might just go check it out robinsons this weekend.
 

jonleelk

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,122
Reaction score
97
i saw this brown Hanson Bootmaker shoes.. really like the color. Is the brand reliable? Anyone know if theres other brands with the similar color for below $200?

shoe1.jpg
This looks like the standard "tan" colour to me. Almost all brands will have this colour.
 

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
While that would be nice, can't really justify..

@daniel.y haha that did cross my mind but the prudent side of me telling me to control! It'll be nice to have this new pair at least in time for the new year tho.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 3 using GAGT

Both chukkas are quite different, most obvious being suede vs grain leather and choice of stitching, outsole colour etc. IMHO the Enzo pair will be more casual while the AM pair may be slightly more versatile to wear on more dressy occasions.
 

Darknight55

Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2002
Messages
200
Reaction score
0
I like Enzo's interpretation a lot.
I think your choice of norvegese is a very nice touch. Did you choose lama calf for the uppers? Or is it deerskin?

Lama. I did ask lorenzo on about norvegese on lama, he said the makers said there won't be an issue. Time will tell :s11:
 

thundermarch

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
1,082
Reaction score
0
Lama. I did ask lorenzo on about norvegese on lama, he said the makers said there won't be an issue. Time will tell :s11:

Ok, I hope it works out for you.
The makers know best in any case.
I have a pair of boots with a lama shaft. It feels incredibly soft, most likely because it's milled leather.
I hope it holds up well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top