Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
I have been thinking of the RTW shoes that i would like to own someday.
Mine are:
EG Dover
EG Inverness
GG Antibes
GG ST James II
GG Gable
St Crispins wingtip

What are some of the shoes you like to own?

All so atas?

At the same cost for all the shoes listed, i would prob be happier w at least 2, possibly 3 pairs of bespoke shoes instead. But that's just me
 

iamxinw

Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2015
Messages
144
Reaction score
0
Hi all.. Can check if anyone tried using products like water repellant or similar stuff? Do they work on polished shoes? Any good brands to recommend?

Sent from my travelling buddy using GAGT
 

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
my Ed shoes and other shoes do not have such problem.
In order not to mess thing up, perhaps as what another member suggest I should just send to someone to maintain for me.

Anyway I am planning to sending this DW for a patina as I dun quite like the original color.

Kind of reinforces the reputation of DW quality on this forum...

Given the circumstances, I cannot understand why you were thinking of DIY or send to 'someone' - Clearly DW should fix your problem!

Unless you don't even trust them to do the job anymore, which does not seem to be the case since you are planning to give them more business via a patina job.
 

dark_aLLeY

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2008
Messages
48,030
Reaction score
143
I have been thinking of the RTW shoes that i would like to own someday.
Mine are:
EG Dover
EG Inverness
GG Antibes
GG ST James II
GG Gable
St Crispins wingtip

What are some of the shoes you like to own?

55 pairs of bespoke shoes. :s22:

LL
 

likehotbutter

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
5,777
Reaction score
809
Hi all.. Can check if anyone tried using products like water repellant or similar stuff? Do they work on polished shoes? Any good brands to recommend?

Sent from my travelling buddy using GAGT

You should really only be using those for suede/roughout shoes. Timberlands rebranded stuff or any nano hydrophobic spray stuff is good but they will darken suede slightly one tone

Polished calf with wax polish is sufficient water proofing.

Regardless dont go wading into streams with either. Theres pebbled grain veldt/norvegese/storm welt stuff for that
 
Last edited:

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
Hi all.. Can check if anyone tried using products like water repellant or similar stuff? Do they work on polished shoes? Any good brands to recommend?

Sent from my travelling buddy using GAGT

Follow the instructions on the product on suitable surfaces. In general water repellant is not really recommended apart from suede. Using wax polish typically gives u a certain level of water resistance for regular (calf) leather and polished (patent?) leather ought to already be fair water resistant on it's own.
 
Last edited:

iamxinw

Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2015
Messages
144
Reaction score
0
Thehotbutter and allinaday. Thanks for the info. Got friend intro one nano product. Maybe i will try on one pair first. EEA shoes are calf right? Didnt bring it with me on holidays. Gonna try when im in sg.

Sent from my travelling buddy using GAGT
 

TUV2008

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 31, 2008
Messages
77,766
Reaction score
28,177
Kind of reinforces the reputation of DW quality on this forum...

Given the circumstances, I cannot understand why you were thinking of DIY or send to 'someone' - Clearly DW should fix your problem!

Unless you don't even trust them to do the job anymore, which does not seem to be the case since you are planning to give them more business via a patina job.

I take your advice... I will bring it to DW see what they say.

I actually planning to send this DW to Ed for patina work.
 

alvinquah

Senior Member
Joined
May 31, 2000
Messages
673
Reaction score
0
So my holy grail arrive and probably my last few pairs that I am getting... The dark oak is not as dark as the previous few batches and I am pleasantly surprised how they turned out to be :)

IMG_5505.jpg


IMG_5506.jpg


IMG_5508.jpg


IMG_5509.jpg
 

dark_aLLeY

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2008
Messages
48,030
Reaction score
143
So my holy grail arrive and probably my last few pairs that I am getting... The dark oak is not as dark as the previous few batches and I am pleasantly surprised how they turned out to be :)

Congratz Alvin!! Wear it in good health. :D
 

nedenow

Member
Joined
May 22, 2012
Messages
216
Reaction score
0
Alot of retailers like to offer this kind of compensation as it works better for them than you. It ensures continued patronage but for the customer they are on the losing end. Sometimes it is hard to claim this kind of partial waiver in future, e.g. Business change hands, staff turnover, you prefer another shoe brand etc.

Think about the return voucher shops give, not many people actually use it, if the product/ food is not good enough, people dun come back.

Just a quick follow up. my experience with Meermin's customer service is quite pleasant, I asked for a waiver off the shipping cost instead and received a refund advice the following day. no games played, thumbs up for Meermin.

now I will have to decide between a Linea Maestro vs Carmina Oxford black!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top