Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BallGag

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
1,282
Reaction score
6
thanks bro!

here the pic during the test wear at home (indoor and night shot) hehe

IMG_5482.jpg

WHY HELLO THERE !



 

BallGag

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
1,282
Reaction score
6
So my holy grail arrive and probably my last few pairs that I am getting... The dark oak is not as dark as the previous few batches and I am pleasantly surprised how they turned out to be :)

IMG_5505.jpg


IMG_5506.jpg


IMG_5508.jpg


IMG_5509.jpg

Those are still on the dark side but I find that DOAK lightens over time.
 

Edwardtzy

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2014
Messages
528
Reaction score
0
Guys, which pair would you guys choose? Both are from Meermin, just that the 1st pair is an MTO pair whereas the 2nd pair is from the normal classic line.

WWW_4712_817.png


WWW_4562_562.png
 

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
Looking at the amount of croc in that collection, and also the fact that bespoke rarely costs below $4k, I think we are closer to $250K.
LOL

You are probably right in terms of the cost. Now i wonder the value of the collection.... Not that it should matter to anyone who buys shoes as these are for own enjoyment and not for investment.
 

thundermarch

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
1,082
Reaction score
0
Guys, which pair would you guys choose? Both are from Meermin, just that the 1st pair is an MTO pair whereas the 2nd pair is from the normal classic line.

WWW_4712_817.png


WWW_4562_562.png

I have the bottom pair.
I am getting rid of ... I'm sorry, what I meant was, I'm selling them.
UK9
If you are interested.
 
Last edited:

cokiee

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2012
Messages
1,158
Reaction score
0
I remember someone here mentioning that s/he is able to get loake 1880 at 300 and was starting a group buy - does anyone know if that worked out?
 

Edwardtzy

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2014
Messages
528
Reaction score
0
Guys, any recommended products & ways to prolong the longevity/clean a pair of suede chukka?
 

theRenaissance

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2007
Messages
1,752
Reaction score
0
Carmina (the lady with the same name as the brand) says they source from elsewhere, not same as Saphir/Avenir. But I think quality should be more or less the same, all made in France. Never tried or compare before so not conclusive.

Current batch of Carmina-branded shoe care products are made in France by Famaco, not from Saphir (Avel). The ingredients and quality is also noticeable, especially so when you compare cream polishes. That being said, things might change in the next 1 year once details have been ironed out.

Hello guys, could you guys advice me what colour of cream/wax should I use for this pair? (Some suggest using a lighter shade or darker shade or even black?)
And, do I have to use the same colour of cream & wax for each different colour pair of shoes?

Colour is Mahogany/tan/brown? I'm not really sure also LOL
1436861497.jpg

Medium brown.

A fellow shoe shine enthusiast / igent told me is Justin's own custom order from Avenir factory or somewhere in France. He found Justin's products quite easy to achieve a nice shine.

Justin (Shoe Snob)'s products is definitely not from Saphir (Avel). Its from another small-time manufacturer in France.

This is my DW. Upper patchy is my fault of using wrong thing to polish . I may send the shoes for a patina. What about the heel ? How to maintain heel?

All you require is some fine grid sand paper, edge dressing and/or renovating cream (not renovateur creme).
 

theRenaissance

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2007
Messages
1,752
Reaction score
0
Guys, any recommended products & ways to prolong the longevity/clean a pair of suede chukka?

Depending on the extent of your intended care:

Crepe brush or suede eraser for daily maintenance to get rid of light stains and for brushing the nap.

Occasional lighter and fine grid sandpaper to smooth out stray hairs.

Get a suede cleaner for deep cleansing, a conditioning spray to help clean and condition the suede.

Lastly, waterproofing spray for the damned weather we have here in Singapore.
 

likehotbutter

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
5,777
Reaction score
809
Current batch of Carmina-branded shoe care products are made in France by Famaco, not from Saphir (Avel). The ingredients and quality is also noticeable, especially so when you compare cream polishes.

How much of a difference is there in your opinion? Pigment density, colour saturation, grit size?

Also any opinion on the best burgundy tone cream out there? Saphir's a little too purple for me I think
 

Edwardtzy

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2014
Messages
528
Reaction score
0
Depending on the extent of your intended care:

Crepe brush or suede eraser for daily maintenance to get rid of light stains and for brushing the nap.

Occasional lighter and fine grid sandpaper to smooth out stray hairs.

Get a suede cleaner for deep cleansing, a conditioning spray to help clean and condition the suede.

Lastly, waterproofing spray for the damned weather we have here in Singapore.

Thank you so much, do you have any recommended products in specific for the above-mentioned care? For waterspray product, is Meltonian waterproof spray is it ok?
 
Last edited:

JudeBox

Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
370
Reaction score
0
anyone has loake and AE shoes, can help me on the sizing? Im looking to purchase AE shoes (penny loafers) off eBay but i really can't decide the size. i tried the AE sizing guide (size 8)but from the measurements provided from the seller, seems that i can fit 1/2- 1size smaller. I prefer a snug fit though.
I was thinking to go robinson to try the Loake shoes and can gauge my size from there. or just order from amazon and pay 7% GST and return shipping :s13::s13:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top