So my holy grail arrive and probably my last few pairs that I am getting... The dark oak is not as dark as the previous few batches and I am pleasantly surprised how they turned out to be
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Those are still on the dark side but I find that DOAK lightens over time.
Thanks! Assuming all bespoken and a modest estimate of S$2K per pair, that's worth more than S$100K.
Looking at the amount of croc in that collection, and also the fact that bespoke rarely costs below $4k, I think we are closer to $250K.
LOL
Guys, which pair would you guys choose? Both are from Meermin, just that the 1st pair is an MTO pair whereas the 2nd pair is from the normal classic line.
![]()
![]()
Those are still on the dark side but I find that DOAK lightens over time.
Guys, which pair would you guys choose? Both are from Meermin, just that the 1st pair is an MTO pair whereas the 2nd pair is from the normal classic line.
![]()
![]()
I remember someone here mentioning that s/he is able to get loake 1880 at 300 and was starting a group buy - does anyone know if that worked out?
Guys, any recommended products & ways to prolong the longevity/clean a pair of suede chukka?
Carmina (the lady with the same name as the brand) says they source from elsewhere, not same as Saphir/Avenir. But I think quality should be more or less the same, all made in France. Never tried or compare before so not conclusive.
Hello guys, could you guys advice me what colour of cream/wax should I use for this pair? (Some suggest using a lighter shade or darker shade or even black?)
And, do I have to use the same colour of cream & wax for each different colour pair of shoes?
Colour is Mahogany/tan/brown? I'm not really sure also LOL
![]()
A fellow shoe shine enthusiast / igent told me is Justin's own custom order from Avenir factory or somewhere in France. He found Justin's products quite easy to achieve a nice shine.
This is my DW. Upper patchy is my fault of using wrong thing to polish . I may send the shoes for a patina. What about the heel ? How to maintain heel?
Guys, any recommended products & ways to prolong the longevity/clean a pair of suede chukka?
Current batch of Carmina-branded shoe care products are made in France by Famaco, not from Saphir (Avel). The ingredients and quality is also noticeable, especially so when you compare cream polishes.
Depending on the extent of your intended care:
Crepe brush or suede eraser for daily maintenance to get rid of light stains and for brushing the nap.
Occasional lighter and fine grid sandpaper to smooth out stray hairs.
Get a suede cleaner for deep cleansing, a conditioning spray to help clean and condition the suede.
Lastly, waterproofing spray for the damned weather we have here in Singapore.

