Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60
Thanks! :) But can I check what do you mean to get cream before getting polish? Always thought getting the cream polish would be sufficient?
Yup. Like jonleek mentioned.

Get shoe cream. It provides colour and moisturises the leather.

Polish dries out the shoe but provides better shine.

Better to use shoe cream and omit polish than the other way round.

Sent from the exploded Death Star using GAGT
 

likehotbutter

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
5,773
Reaction score
790
Interesting, would a Burgundy cream match more similar to oxblood? And also what's the reason for finishing off with Navy wax for black shoes? Thanks in advance!

Burgundy has alot of shades from leaning towards a brighter red (Carmina) to a dark purple (Saphir). If going to layer on a thin top polish of black then the bottom layers should be lighter, so I used mahogany.

Just creating colour depth with different tones and different layers helping to refract light really, instead of having a solid block of colour. Same reason why you would polish dark shoes with light wax and light shoes with dark wax to encourage depth of patina.

Dark Navy while adding tonal depth to black pairs in the day, actually appears "blacker than black" at night :s13:
 

xtreamzz

Master Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2007
Messages
3,315
Reaction score
0
Burgundy has alot of shades from leaning towards a brighter red (Carmina) to a dark purple (Saphir). If going to layer on a thin top polish of black then the bottom layers should be lighter, so I used mahogany.

Just creating colour depth with different tones and different layers helping to refract light really, instead of having a solid block of colour. Same reason why you would polish dark shoes with light wax and light shoes with dark wax to encourage depth of patina.

Dark Navy while adding tonal depth to black pairs in the day, actually appears "blacker than black" at night :s13:
Ah I see. Pity I do not have enough colors of cream to play around with... Yet. I will definitely try the Navy trick on my black shoes one day!

Sent from the Iron Sanctuary using GAGT
 

Shiro MS08th

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2004
Messages
1,502
Reaction score
2

BallGag

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
1,282
Reaction score
6
Navy polish on brown shoes and burgundy polish on black shoes help to encourage a little bit of depth as well.
 

likehotbutter

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
5,773
Reaction score
790
Navy polish on brown shoes and burgundy polish on black shoes help to encourage a little bit of depth as well.

DmT7KYA.jpg
 

BallGag

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
1,282
Reaction score
6
With or without coagulation?

I'm glad you asked. For regular calf, without coagulation. For more textured offerings like deer skin or peccary, the more gel-like texture makes for a simpler application process.

It's not easy obtaining the former, I'll tell ya. I try to feed my er, volunteers with a health diet but we really need to be careful about excess proteins and calcium. One or two asprin a day really helps to thin the blood. I try to keep them in a stress-free state as much as I can but I guess it's a tall order when you're chained up in a basem- uh, I mean, when you're young and eager to please.

I should get going.
 

likehotbutter

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
5,773
Reaction score
790
I try to keep them in a stress-free state as much as I can but I guess it's a tall order when you're chained up in a basem- uh, I mean, when you're young and eager to please.

IMHO a good lobotomy should be able to help out with that. Nothing better than glazed eyes and lucid smiles for cooperation.

I can pm you the contact of a highly recommended Venezuelan surgeon if you want. Tell him El Felino sent you
 

BallGag

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
1,282
Reaction score
6
IMHO a good lobotomy should be able to help out with that. Nothing better than glazed eyes and lucid smiles for cooperation.

I can pm you the contact of a highly recommended Venezuelan surgeon if you want. Tell him El Felino sent you

I might do just that. I think it'll go a long way in helping my shoes smell less like chloroform.
 

terras14

Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2006
Messages
274
Reaction score
0
Hi need some advice here. I have one side of my shoe where the edge of the sole actually starts to show a visible line. I mean there is a line where the sole and the base of the shoe attach together but this line usually is not obvious. Meanhing it is black so cannot see unless u bring it to your eye. But not sure why one side of mine starts to show the line in beige colour and i tried using shoe cream, edge dressing to touch up but after wearing for a while, the line is back. I read somewhere in this thread of this before but cannot find the post. Can anyone tell me how to remedy this? Btw i have worn it for less than 6 months with one wear per week. Thanks
 

xtreamzz

Master Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2007
Messages
3,315
Reaction score
0
Hi need some advice here. I have one side of my shoe where the edge of the sole actually starts to show a visible line. I mean there is a line where the sole and the base of the shoe attach together but this line usually is not obvious. Meanhing it is black so cannot see unless u bring it to your eye. But not sure why one side of mine starts to show the line in beige colour and i tried using shoe cream, edge dressing to touch up but after wearing for a while, the line is back. I read somewhere in this thread of this before but cannot find the post. Can anyone tell me how to remedy this? Btw i have worn it for less than 6 months with one wear per week. Thanks
Hi maybe some pictures of your issue would help!

Sent from the Iron Sanctuary using GAGT
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top