Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 3

spencert

Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2005
Messages
207
Reaction score
7
Antonio Meccariello Hastatus II

Temptations everywhere! :s13::s13::s13: Now at Fine Shoes....

Style: Hastatus II
Last: Chisel 2
Upper: Navy calf, with navy pin grain on facing
Sole: Single leather sole
Fitting:E
Size (by availability): UK: 5.5-10.5
Shoes tree included
Argentum dux line

 

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
I started with their shoes and are still wearing them.
They are not fantastic but the price point is wonderful for those starting out.

I would consider Herring only if on sale.. no free delivery option and potential to kena GST. Not particularly good value at full price.

And for their lower end models, I would suggest trying local brands like EEA, LLYR at similar price point.
 

Lexyyy

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2010
Messages
1,251
Reaction score
4
First wear



vrOrwS1.jpg
 

nkapped

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2018
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Something special.

The Kaan by Vass via Ascot Shoes in walnut museum calf. Particularly like the colour; walnut is a rich, very versatile shade of medium brown.

yTFgeUZ.jpg
 

Biogentic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
15,599
Reaction score
58
Herring can only buy if they have 30-50% discount. I bought a church shoe for 400 plus inclusive of shipping (no gst). Don’t want try herring shoes seems the price is higher n not as reputable as others like Cheaney, wild smith, church, Loake
 

urbanturban

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
3,408
Reaction score
0
Herring can only buy if they have 30-50% discount. I bought a church shoe for 400 plus inclusive of shipping (no gst). Don’t want try herring shoes seems the price is higher n not as reputable as others like Cheaney, wild smith, church, Loake

Herring shoes are made by some of these factories. They don't have their own factory.
 

JamesTBD

Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2012
Messages
413
Reaction score
6
Help!!! i went to most of the department store to look for loake shoe but all don't sell loake anymore. where else can i try before i buy online? thanks
 

wiz

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2000
Messages
2,058
Reaction score
0
Nice texture! Curious, many of the EB shoes I see are 270 degree welted but yours looks like a 360degree welt. possible to share a pic of the bottom work?

Hi, going to post 2 photos of the welt and 1 of “bottom work” :)

lItoiHe.jpg


foF4gDD.jpg


npWrvJF.jpg
 

Velery

Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2002
Messages
110
Reaction score
0
Hi,
I need some advice with regards to size and fit. I have ordered a pair from EEA in size 9.5EE but it will only come in 8 weeks time. So i'm looking to buy another pair online and looking at Loake / Herring / Barker. What size / width should I be looking at? 10F? 9.5G?

My only other point of reference is my Clarks in size 10.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top