Xiaomi vacuum robot users lip lai please

hkchew03

Reaction score
My gen 1 started ignoring magnetic stripes. Brought to IMM service center but they could not repair feel abit wasted to buy new one but leh zeh to build my own barridcades/close doors everytime wanna vacuum

Didn't try magnetic strip, don't like it on the ground. Usually just use chair to barricade kitchen entrance.

S5 is reasonably good for it's price, s6 have minimal improvement over it at least to my usage.

Posted from PCWX using Mi Note 10

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My gen 1 started ignoring magnetic stripes. Brought to IMM service center but they could not repair feel abit wasted to buy new one but leh zeh to build my own barridcades/close doors everytime wanna vacuum

U clean the sensors?

dogbomber

Reaction score
U mean the robot or the dock? The robot and the dock both got led lights..but after fully charged both are switched off.. The dock one off after robot dock.. Inside app can set led off after fully charged.

I mean i turned off the docking but the vacuum unit still has the led power flashing slowly. How to turn it off?

Skid Mark

Reaction score
U clean the sensors?
Yes, but I think the magnetometer is some on-board sensor, not the IR sensor used to detect cliffs. IMM repair center couldn't fix it even after replacing to IR sensor. Tried googling around but seems like its an isolated problem for me. Probably can be fixed if can get the right spare parts, but without an ifixit kind of guide bo bian have to retire it :(

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Trust me, whenever I research a gadget, I include all possible web friends (google, youtube, reddit, forums, etc), including youtube. I think I have watched all youtube videos related to roborock.

But it's still not clear whether the new object detection feature will result in less well cleaned areas around an object. So far the videos I saw mostly revolve around testing with the common objects like shoes, cables, etc.

Hence, I though to get the words of real-world users here, especially in Singapore - HDB, etc.

I seen some videos some will go pretty close , some 5 cm away maybe ?
Hard to tell need some early adopters here to shed some light

Anyways I also have the robo king previously
Now using gen1 with strips serve me decently well but this COVID makes me need mop floor so I bought 6 Max to try

kst

Reaction score
I seen some videos some will go pretty close , some 5 cm away maybe ?
Hard to tell need some early adopters here to shed some light

Anyways I also have the robo king previously
Now using gen1 with strips serve me decently well but this COVID makes me need mop floor so I bought 6 Max to try

Thanks.

So u received the 6 maxv?

How is it compare to roboking?

Acetone

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine had issues climbing... then I checked and realised the rubber on the wheels disintegrated... used it for 3 years. So now changing to the S6 Max V

I see the wheel like nothing leh. Only used for 1 ye plus only but daily vacuum

Spheredome

Reaction score
Think from another angle, the old models are actually noise pollution to the environment. The city is already very light and noise polluted and any reduction is a positive contribution. While being nostalgia is good, too much impedes progress.
The magnet relay ic is probably bad.

theMKR

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I repair my lidar too many times, now every time i repair, next 2mins gg again...

Need to change the motor?

Spheredome

Reaction score
The side brush motor and or roller brush motor are worn out of stuck. If can dismantle and see if there are entanglement inside. If the laser is burning out or infra receiver diode is failing, the navigation will become weird.
Carpet has more resistance and thus worn out motor will overhead and stuck.
A broken or stuck wheel gear on one wheel will cause robot not to move straight or move round and round.

In short time to upgrade.

Hi, my xm gen 1 suddenly cannot go up the carpet. It will spin round and stuck there. Sometimes also cannot go back the dock to charge. Can I know what's the issue

phiber

Master Member
Reaction score
My S6 maxv is fully charged and to prolong battery life, I have turned off the docking charger. However, s6mv still has the power flashing. How to turn it off completely?

Don't bother la.. lithum batteries are very advanced nowadays..
They go into trickle charge mode.

if u off your robot completely and turn it on every time u need to use, it might actually be worse off for the components then keeping them energised 24/7.

Last edited:

keanho

Reaction score
For roborock s6maxv, anyone has recommendation on where to get extra cloth?

Is it the same cloth used on other roborock?

Spheredome

Reaction score
The cloth sold under S5 while can fit maybe slight smaller, still useable, I am not sure if it shrunk after dry. So search for T7 in taobao or S5 Max. Don’t expect cheaper version to be of equal quality of original.

For roborock s6maxv, anyone has recommendation on where to get extra cloth?

Is it the same cloth used on other roborock?

ikanbili

Reaction score
Anyone who ordered Roborock vacuums during the 6.6 sales last weekend receive their loot yet? wondering how long it’ll take.

reddy00

Reaction score
Brush for Roborock S5

Hi, i got a replacement brush from Aliexpress, however the brush seems to thinner and produce more noise during cleaning. Any one knows where to get a thicker brush? Thanks.

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone who ordered Roborock vacuums during the 6.6 sales last weekend receive their loot yet? wondering how long it’ll take.

today status changed...but dunno leh...the app says before 21st ship out :s22::s22::s22:

Maybe they sell 1 container during 6.6 ship by SEA :s13::s13::s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.