XiaoMi Tri-Band Mi AX9000 Gaming Wi-Fi Router with WiFi 6

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for quick reply.
I bought from the lazada xiaomi stall during 11-11.
It should be the global/Singapore version as everything is in English.
Does this support vlan?

By right it should support. Search for SingTel VLAN profile in the settings.

If there is no preset VLAN profiles (unlikely, Xiaomi AX3600 global version FW has the Singapore/Malaysia VLAN profiles), then you have to carry out manual VLAN settings.

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh then mine must be the china version because there is no preset profiles….

Not really. If you buy from official Xiaomi Lazada shop and the web UI is English, it should be global version. What is the FW version? If it is 3.0.33 or later, it should be global version.

Does it have manual VLAN settings in the web UI? You may contact Xiaomi for help.

Worse case, just get a TL-SG105E switch and set up Singapore VLAN using the switch.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...properly-singtel-asus-rt-ax86u.6564040/page-3

Lighting

Reaction score
Yes I chose the singnet Vlan ID of 20, manage to get into the UI, but no internet…

should be global version then. I saw the reviews that the routers were easy to set up…

would you know what is the manual Vlan setting for singnet?

BradenHeat

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes I chose the singnet Vlan ID of 20, manage to get into the UI, but no internet…

should be global version then. I saw the reviews that the routers were easy to set up…

just a side note, how you connected the routers ?

fiber to Singtel fiber, to Singtel Router to Xiaomi ???

Which ports ?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Then you have the global version. But what you put is not correct Singtel VLAN settings.

Internet VLAN 10 priority 0
Singtel TV VLAN 20 priority 4 (If you have Singtel TV, aka, Mio TV)

You may want to post the screenshot of the Web UI VLAN setup page.

Last edited:

Lighting

Reaction score
Then you have the global version. But what you put is not correct Singtel VLAN settings.

Ok will change it to 10. My old router shows 20 thus I used that same value. Will try again when I am back home.
Thank you all!

alvino

Reaction score
Any owners of ax9000 still using it? Hope anyone can shed some solutions.

Recently installed Pihole to utilise my raspberry pi 4b lying around.
Discovered a device on my network keep pinging xxx.pool.ntp.org a lot. I.e 192.168.1.24

I wanna find out which bugger is doing that, but I realiSe I got problem finding it on router admin page. At DHCP section.
The closest way to it is IP reservation section where I can reserve IP for specific device thru it’s MAC address.
Even at this part I can’t find the device that using .24 yet pihole detected this IP has been top host doing requests.
I’ve resort even using Miwifi app scrolling thru the connected device list but with no avail.

anyone have any tips to view the IP table list? Will really appreciate any constructive answers! Happy new year!

EDIT: found it. its my mesh router ax6000, out of desperation, i access 192.168.1.24 it opens my mesh partner router log in page! :D

Last edited:

ftpofmpo

Banned
Reaction score

it seems that some higher end wifi 5 routers are better than lower end wifi 6 routers

are there any good wifi 5 routers that you'll recommend? (maybe there's a big discount)

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it seems that some higher end wifi 5 routers are better than lower end wifi 6 routers

are there any good wifi 5 routers that you'll recommend? (maybe there's a big discount)

The best is probably Asus RT-AC86U. I am not so sure if you will get good discount or not.

loganrunning

Reaction score
The best is probably Asus RT-AC86U. I am not so sure if you will get good discount or not.

last week, a casual check around SLS showed that stocks are dwindling...... some shops just shrug shoulders, say, "no more stock liao"

xia0zhang

Reaction score
My Xiaomi router 5 ghz band keeps dropping occasionally and i am unable to detect it from my handphone.
Is there any solutions to this? I have seen videos saying to use channel 149-165 for 5G, however the highest wireless channel i can select is 140

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Xiaomi router 5 ghz band keeps dropping occasionally and i am unable to detect it from my handphone.
Is there any solutions to this? I have seen videos saying to use channel 149-165 for 5G, however the highest wireless channel i can select is 140

Which mode of Xiaomi rourer are you using? The available channel will depend on the router model and also country code.
Ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels

How far is the mobile phone from the router? What is the signal strength? If the signal strength is too low you will get unstable connection.

xia0zhang

Reaction score
I am using the Ax9000, global version, firmware 3.0.40, previously setup on miwifi to singapore region.
i am in the same room as my router, however there will be times that only the 2.4ghz and 5ghz game band shows up.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am using the Ax9000, global version, firmware 3.0.40, previously setup on miwifi to singapore region.
i am in the same room as my router, however there will be times that only the 2.4ghz and 5ghz game band shows up.
What is your mobile phone?
That is a bit strange then. No idea why you are facing this issue. Hopefully others can help you better.

xia0zhang

Reaction score
What is your mobile phone?
That is a bit strange then. No idea why you are facing this issue. Hopefully others can help you better.
I am using oneplus, however the 5G band is undetected by any device, and i would have to turn off and on the band on the wifi setting and i can see it again.
may i know what is the preferred wireless channel to be on for 5G?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.