ANZ Optimum World Mastercard

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Do redemption 2-3 working days before generation of your statement and usually by the due date of your statement u just need to pay the balance less your optimum dollars.

Effectively u time it perfectly to offset your balance

Lol. Why not just redeem once you have min 50 optimum$? I don't see any reason to wait till 2-3 before generation of statement.
 

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
7,745
Reaction score
1,331
Do redemption 2-3 working days before generation of your statement and usually by the due date of your statement u just need to pay the balance less your optimum dollars.

Effectively u time it perfectly to offset your balance

They told me that my Festive Promo Op$ has been already credited on 3 April,

So after i made the redemption yesterday , i gave them a call to ensure they received my submission... and the CSO says that the OP$ generated from the Festive Promo is not like the usual Op$, it cannot be used to offset my outstanding... :frus:
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
They told me that my Festive Promo Op$ has been already credited on 3 April,

So after i made the redemption yesterday , i gave them a call to ensure they received my submission... and the CSO says that the OP$ generated from the Festive Promo is not like the usual Op$, it cannot be used to offset my outstanding... :frus:

Lol. They actually track if optimum$ redeemed is from Festive promo?
 

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
7,745
Reaction score
1,331
Lol. They actually track if optimum$ redeemed is from Festive promo?

yeah, thats what she told me! unbelievable!.... then i say my Festive Promo Op$ is short of a few dollars and she say she go Manually calculate and will call me back , but until now still no call :s8:

They really do this Festive promo calculation and credit for us manually i tink , no wonder all the errors... my spouse got $15 less also :s22:
 

FrontierX

Banned
Joined
Dec 27, 2005
Messages
6,787
Reaction score
238
Lol. Why not just redeem once you have min 50 optimum$? I don't see any reason to wait till 2-3 before generation of statement.

they say can only redeem once reflected in statement. now they have a unbilled optimum dollars that is reflected inside but cannot be redeemed till statement comes.

what i meant is 2 working days before u receive statement u just do the redemption most likely it will be processed faster
 

lchkelvin

Junior Member
Joined
May 4, 2013
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
does anyone know if buying NTUC vouchers using this card is counted as "grocery" and is eligible for the 5% rebate if i chose that category? Thanks.
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
they say can only redeem once reflected in statement. now they have a unbilled optimum dollars that is reflected inside but cannot be redeemed till statement comes.

what i meant is 2 working days before u receive statement u just do the redemption most likely it will be processed faster

They got givr reason why cannot redeem? Most ppl will not ask and just go and redeem if the system allows it.
 

FrontierX

Banned
Joined
Dec 27, 2005
Messages
6,787
Reaction score
238
They got givr reason why cannot redeem? Most ppl will not ask and just go and redeem if the system allows it.

I think I apply before.

Unbilled anz optimum dollars cannot be redeemed till reflected in system...

Posted and reflected then counted
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
I think I apply before.

Unbilled anz optimum dollars cannot be redeemed till reflected in system...

Posted and reflected then counted

Oic, then that also means cannot redeem 2-3 days before statement since not yet reflected in system until statement generated right?
 

FrontierX

Banned
Joined
Dec 27, 2005
Messages
6,787
Reaction score
238
Oic, then that also means cannot redeem 2-3 days before statement since not yet reflected in system until statement generated right?

But per their system it takes them 7 working days to process the rebate so by applying 2 days before statement generated and they start working on the cashback the timing would have been perfect.. I have done this successfully for a few rounds, that's how I usually 'encash' the rebates in the month the anz dollars are earned
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
I think I apply before.

Unbilled anz optimum dollars cannot be redeemed till reflected in system...

Posted and reflected then counted

When u say unbilled optimum$ cannot be redeemed you meant system don't let the redemption go through, or is it after redemption no cashback reflected in statement, or cashback reflected but cannot be used to offset bill? What exactly happened last time you tried?

Is this reflected in any TnC, if not it dun make sense that they can "don't count" the cashback redeemed via the system.
 
Last edited:

FrontierX

Banned
Joined
Dec 27, 2005
Messages
6,787
Reaction score
238
When u say unbilled optimum$ cannot be redeemed you meant system don't let the redemption go through, or is it after redemption no cashback reflected in statement, or cashback reflected but cannot be used to offset bill? What exactly happened last time you tried?

Is this reflected in any TnC, if not it dun make sense that they can "don't count" the cashback redeemed via the system.

I tried to redeem unbilled cashback but was unsuccessful previous rounds.

Unbilled cashback feature was only in anz online banking a few months back; in the past maybe to prevent ambiguity they only allow redemption after it is reflected in the statement, where it is posted.


In summary, anz only allow redemption once cashback is reflected in statement and not when it is reflected as unbilled.

It is abit different from Manhattan cashback where I just offset my payment against my cashback earned 1 day after quarter end cause I know which exact date the cashback is posted.
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
I tried to redeem unbilled cashback but was unsuccessful previous rounds.

Unbilled cashback feature was only in anz online banking a few months back; in the past maybe to prevent ambiguity they only allow redemption after it is reflected in the statement, where it is posted.


In summary, anz only allow redemption once cashback is reflected in statement and not when it is reflected as unbilled.

It is abit different from Manhattan cashback where I just offset my payment against my cashback earned 1 day after quarter end cause I know which exact date the cashback is posted.

So you saying can redeem 2-3 days before statement, even when optimum$ still unbilled then. Redemption successful or not is determined a few days later when the redemption is being processed?
 
Last edited:

FrontierX

Banned
Joined
Dec 27, 2005
Messages
6,787
Reaction score
238
So you saying can redeem 2-3 days before statement, even when optimum$ still unbilled then. Redemption successful or not is determined a few days later when the redemption is being processed?

The 2 days is just the 'buffer' since it can be redeemed only after statement generation. I made the assumption the redemption is not processed immmediatey after I make the online application.

Eg statement generated 7 April, redemption requested on 5 April, rebates received on 10 instead of 12 April assuming they take 5 working days to credit

Worked like a charm for me every time. I received my rebates 2 days earier
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
The 2 days is just the 'buffer' since it can be redeemed only after statement generation. I made the assumption the redemption is not processed immmediatey after I make the online application.

Eg statement generated 7 April, redemption requested on 5 April, rebates received on 10 instead of 12 April assuming they take 5 working days to credit

Worked like a charm for me every time. I received my rebates 2 days earier

Iirc last time I redeemed the adjusted optimum$ from weekend promo once I see it on digital banking, cashback credited with no issue. No harm trying.
 

sgdividends

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2008
Messages
2,431
Reaction score
27
Anybody got optimum dollars readjusted due to refund or other possibilities ?

Or is it once optimum dollars reflected , it's mine already?

I understand the tncs , asking about enforcement of tnc
 

tiltonhall

Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2012
Messages
157
Reaction score
3
I tried to redeem unbilled cashback but was unsuccessful previous rounds.

Unbilled cashback feature was only in anz online banking a few months back; in the past maybe to prevent ambiguity they only allow redemption after it is reflected in the statement, where it is posted.


In summary, anz only allow redemption once cashback is reflected in statement and not when it is reflected as unbilled.

It is abit different from Manhattan cashback where I just offset my payment against my cashback earned 1 day after quarter end cause I know which exact date the cashback is posted.

My recent experience is slightly different.

I checked online 2 days ago and found over $100 cashback from the recent promo. Although this was not reflected on my statement, i went ahead and redeemed the $100 online.

Checked online today and it successfully shows that I was able to redeem the $100, which now shows as a credit in my account.
 

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
7,745
Reaction score
1,331
My recent experience is slightly different.

I checked online 2 days ago and found over $100 cashback from the recent promo. Although this was not reflected on my statement, i went ahead and redeemed the $100 online.

Checked online today and it successfully shows that I was able to redeem the $100, which now shows as a credit in my account.

After you made the redemption, did they notify you of the status via sms/email? after a few days?
 

Nanonited

Master Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2004
Messages
3,292
Reaction score
606
Anybody got optimum dollars readjusted due to refund or other possibilities ?

Or is it once optimum dollars reflected , it's mine already?

I understand the tncs , asking about enforcement of tnc

sounds like u have been gaming the system. saw another thread where u have received many miles from your cards.

dont tell me you have a way to make purchases and then u subsequently cancel them very much later.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top