I booked hotel thru AGODA only 1%. CSO said that falls under "travel", not my chosen cat of "leisure"
I didn't realize that there is a cat call "leisure".
I booked hotel thru AGODA only 1%. CSO said that falls under "travel", not my chosen cat of "leisure"
I didn't realize that there is a cat call "leisure".
Any further explanation from cso? Eg agoda considered online travel portal or mcc for agoda etc
No he just said AGODA is classified as travel. I guess he meant MCC. He also mentioned if wanna ensure can get the 5%, better pay through the hotel's website or swipe card at the hotel reception itself.
Not complaining much cos' already got 7% discount from using anz card on agoda, just trying my luck on this further 5% rebate
Regarding the current promo, https://sg.anz.com/ANZPrivileges/promotion-gss/ANZ_GSS_2015_Promotion_Terms_and_Conditions.pdf
It is limited $150 optimum rebate per spending period. However will it affect the normal 5% rebate of the card?
Let's say I make $5000, only $1500 get 10% rebate, will the remaining $3500 get the normal 5% rebate?
I called ANZ, They confirmed the remaining $3500 will get 5% rebate.
I just tried call ANZ and test them which Category AGODA falls under. The cso cannot confirm whether AGODA falls under travel category or not, will need to test to find out... lol. Same for cruise, cannot confirm. So lousy one. I believe they use a computer program to calculate the rebate and thus will need to assign the logic to determine a transaction fall under which category. Beats me why the logic is not made known to the cso. They just say based on merchant code, which doesn't really tell much. Guess I will only use the card for transactions that I am 100% certain falls under the category I choose.
Regarding the current promo, https://sg.anz.com/ANZPrivileges/promotion-gss/ANZ_GSS_2015_Promotion_Terms_and_Conditions.pdf
The way the T&C describe Misc Retail is quite restrictive? Without the word "etc" after the last item, mecham only the bracketed MCCs qualify
"MCC – Miscellaneous Retail (book stores, florist, pet stores, beauty and spa, hair salon), excludes groceries and supermarket, departmental stores, electronics and computers, furniture and travel related products.
Yes. It is restrictive. The T&C should be and is correctively precise to not have 'etc' which is open to interpretation.
for merchant code (MCC) best to check with merchants as they will have a better idea what they had registered their company under.
Also, recently i was told by the cso over the phone that the 5% is limited to max $30 per transactions. therefore my spending of $790 and $970 will only yield me a max of $30 each instead of $39.50 and $48.50.

for merchant code (MCC) best to check with merchants as they will have a better idea what they had registered their company under.
Also, recently i was told by the cso over the phone that the 5% is limited to max $30 per transactions. therefore my spending of $790 and $970 will only yield me a max of $30 each instead of $39.50 and $48.50.
This is clear from the T&C, but the GSS promo creates another layer of confusion. Say you fulfill all the conditions (min 5 transactions & min $1500) ,and 2 of your spent of $750 each qualifies for both the 10% and your own chosen category for 5%.
Since both are above the $600, you get $30 each for each spend only for the chosen cat with your next statement. But later when the 10% comes within 45days, you should get back = $150-30-30 = $90. Very hard to track and verify unless you are dead sure which one attracts 10%, 5% or 1%
I am confused about the $150-30-30 = $90. Correct me if I am wrong, I thought the GSS promo is independent of the normal benefit of the card. So if both 5% and 10% are qualified, we get 5%+10% optimum$
I am not sure, though I assume banks not so generous... And if the max possible rebate is really 15% then ANZ would have bolded the text and put it big big... 15%
I am confused about the $150-30-30 = $90. Correct me if I am wrong, I thought the GSS promo is independent of the normal benefit of the card. So if both 5% and 10% are qualified, we get 5%+10% optimum$


Yes Trazora is correct. I've just called ANZ to double check. We are given BOTH 10% and 5% cash rebate if we qualify to be the first 2000 cardholders. I'm so excited coz I'm bringing this card to spend in Prada outlets in June! I'll aim for my outlet trip to be on 15 June!![]()