[CASE] Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2001
Messages
15,333
Reaction score
212
Actually I planned to do that at first but the Hue+ is a bit thick to fit under the 2nd graphics card. Also the front area is slightly shallower than the back part so a bit harder to fit the optical drive (the drive is also a little too wide and one corner of it will end up sitting on the PCIe rubber grommet). Plus the optical drive is slot load and it "spits" the disc quite far out...the door has to be open quite wide to access it anyway. :(

Oic. Guess u n me the same, refuses to embrace the future without the optical drive.. Lol
 

JasK

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2002
Messages
5,073
Reaction score
117
Dude, not to be a dick but perhaps you can search this thread for that info. We ordered it here. :)

alright. all you need is to point me to post 31 instead of being such a prick in your reply.
 

SECTORTWO

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2005
Messages
636
Reaction score
44
Oic. Guess u n me the same, refuses to embrace the future without the optical drive.. Lol

Ya man! Haha..it's just useful to have one available I guess. My optical drive saved me when I forgot to uninstall the old motherboard drivers before switching motherboards. Found a way to force install all the drivers from the new motherboard DVD using some DOS commands. :D
 

SECTORTWO

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2005
Messages
636
Reaction score
44
Why don't you guys use external usb drives?

Assuming you were referring to evq and myself. I think evq uses an internal drive that is just placed somewhere in the case. For me, I do use an external USB drive but I've placed it inside the case and connected it directly to the motherboard via a header-to-USB3 cable.
 

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2001
Messages
15,333
Reaction score
212
Why I use back my internal drive? Becos I need a Blu-ray drive to rip my Blu-ray collection. No point wasting another time 100+ to get an ext Blu-ray drive.

Furthermore I have another internal n external DVD writer drives
 

muddle

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2000
Messages
6,988
Reaction score
0
Sectortwo and evq, i guess it is personal preference where ever you want to place their internal drives. I feel it looks more aesthetically pleasant to have it stowed away somewhere else. The case already looks so sleek. Maybe like an external hdd. Plugged in when necessary.
 
Last edited:

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2001
Messages
15,333
Reaction score
212
Sectortwo and evq, i guess it is personal preference where ever you want to place their internal drives. I feel it looks more aesthetically pleasant to have it stowed away somewhere else. The case already looks so sleek. Maybe like an external hdd. Plugged in when necessary.

Agreed.
For my case, I often access my Blu-ray drive, and it is an internal drive, so plugging in n out is too troublesome for me.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top