[CASE] Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2001
Messages
15,333
Reaction score
212
guys, where r ur pic? GPGT leh lol

Now that my case is on my desk, i find it noisy.:(
 
Last edited:

JasK

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2002
Messages
5,073
Reaction score
117
I've got cut a few times handling 2014 Jonsbo cases. They were not even "legal" when it comes to international standard. Until today, I'm very very cautious when handling Jonsbo even though the edges are rounded of. You don't know when you may be sliced up :s13:

OT, the Jonsbo UMX4+ is also very nice what. Dual window, two piece aluminium exterior. Same price as the Evolv ATX though!
umx4-2.png

How much is this UMX4+ and where in SLS can I get it?
 

SECTORTWO

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2005
Messages
636
Reaction score
44
Here's my rig...still haven't wrapped the case yet and some cables are messy because I'm too lazy to remove the motherboard to access those cable management holes (along the bottom edge of it).

MxKMZ7U.jpg


hpajjJy.jpg


IbIr7ze.jpg


My thoughts about building in this case:
+ Really stunning to look at.

+ Cable management holes are pretty well placed but the bottom ones could be a bit bigger to make it easier to squeeze cables through.

+ Not too noisy.

- Build quality could be a little better. Some parts are slightly bent that I had to bend back. Screw holes tend to not match up because some pieces of metal prefer to "twist" in a certain way - had to forcefully shift it back to use the screw holes.

- Small spot on my front USB door that isn't anodised black (either that or it was scratched during production).

- Cable management space in the rear is a little tight if you are using extensions like me. Can't get the door to close nicely on mine.

~ Some corners are pretty damn sharp...please be careful when building.
 
Last edited:

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2001
Messages
15,333
Reaction score
212
Nice!
Btw, u can place the Hue+ between the psu & side window panel.
How is the Hue+? I intend to get one
 

kira86

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2005
Messages
2,836
Reaction score
0
just changed to luxe few days back .
in short loving this , so much room compared to my define R2 , but much more noisy la
 

SECTORTWO

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2005
Messages
636
Reaction score
44
Nice!
Btw, u can place the Hue+ between the psu & side window panel.
How is the Hue+? I intend to get one

Yup...I tried placing it there but I didn't like the look of it at that spot.

The Hue+ is pretty neat, the magnets make it easy to place and adjust and the lighting is pretty even.
 

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2001
Messages
15,333
Reaction score
212
Yup...I tried placing it there but I didn't like the look of it at that spot.

The Hue+ is pretty neat, the magnets make it easy to place and adjust and the lighting is pretty even.

Oh just suggestion, why don't u swap ur optic drive with ur hue+, so that u can just swing open ur side panel a bit to access it.
 

SECTORTWO

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2005
Messages
636
Reaction score
44
Oh just suggestion, why don't u swap ur optic drive with ur hue+, so that u can just swing open ur side panel a bit to access it.

Actually I planned to do that at first but the Hue+ is a bit thick to fit under the 2nd graphics card. Also the front area is slightly shallower than the back part so a bit harder to fit the optical drive (the drive is also a little too wide and one corner of it will end up sitting on the PCIe rubber grommet). Plus the optical drive is slot load and it "spits" the disc quite far out...the door has to be open quite wide to access it anyway. :(
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top