Cheapest 2TB NVMe SSD

lhseong

Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2009
Messages
141
Reaction score
25
In my case, the Asrock B450M Pro4 has 2 m.2 slots, 1 for NVME that in middle near CPU and 1 for SATA at bottom part of mobo.
I used Adata SX8200 Pro and MX500, the Adata SSD has no issue due to the air ventilation from CPU and have a small included heatsink.
But for the MX500, I got the SSD not recognized suddenly when backup photos to it and all my data was lost.
Luckily the MX500 still usable and I found that the root cause is the full load of MX500 without heatsink always hit 75C in short period of time and throttle.
So I add a cheap SSD heatsink brought from Lazada on it and the MX500 now with full load only hit 55C and no throttle.

So this is what I learnt, NEVER ROAST YOUR SSDs.
 
Last edited:

hafiz116

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2008
Messages
1,151
Reaction score
0
In my case, the Asrock B450M Pro4 has 2 m.2 slots, 1 for NVME that in middle near CPU and 1 for SATA at bottom part of mobo.
I used Adata SX8200 Pro and MX500, the Adata SSD has no issue due to the air ventilation from CPU and have a small included heatsink.
But for the MX500, I got the SSD not recognized suddenly when backup photos to it and all my data was lost.
Luckily the MX500 still usable and I found that the root cause is the full load of MX500 without heatsink always hit 75C in short period of time and throttle.
So I add a cheap SSD heatsink brought from Lazada on it and the MX500 now with full load only hit 55C and no throttle.

So this is what I learnt, NEVER ROAST YOUR SSDs.

This goes back to the point we were talking about earlier,.. Our weather here in SG is already super hot so its highly recommended to ensure that either the NVMe drives have either the motherboard heatsink on them OR has its own dedicated heatsink.

I have the option to pull off my heatsink from my Aorus NVMe and use my motherboard heatsink BUT it voids warranty and I'm not sure if the temps will be worse with the motherboard heatsink and so I left the stock heatsink as its a massive block!
 

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 30, 2005
Messages
6,350
Reaction score
1,507
Just to add, those using board heatsinks, you can consider changing out the thermal pads. Those pads given by motherboards have very bad thermal conductivity. I swapped mine out to the best one but it is EXPENSIVE. I got the Fujipoly thermal pads on ebay and used it. I am barely crossing 50 degrees on heavy file work and benchmarking back to back.
 

shunsuu

Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2008
Messages
473
Reaction score
13
The WD Black 1TB was going for $189 last week on Amazon. It's now at $210. I have seen the price drop to $189 twice now so just add it to your cart and monitor it.

The WD Black 500GB was $112 last week and I ordered 2 of them. Its now $98!

just got the 500gb one for $98! shiok
 

hafiz116

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2008
Messages
1,151
Reaction score
0
Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe 4.0 just appeared on Amazon SG for $368

Something has to have cocked up becsuse 1TB sells for $292

There were 2 available and I ordered 1 so 1 left if anyone is interested!
 
Last edited:

xhoyasx

Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2008
Messages
182
Reaction score
3
Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe 4.0 just appeared on Amazon SG for $368

Something has to have cocked up becsuse 1TB sells for $292

There were 2 available and I ordered 1 so 1 left if anyone is interested!

i missed this, was busy checking out other items in amazon.
seems a lot of deal from amazon sg today
 

hafiz116

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2008
Messages
1,151
Reaction score
0
Need to use heat sink for this ?

It’s a gen 3 so I don’t plan on using a heatsink on it. Monitor temps and if u feel it’s a bit toasty then add one. My 2 should arrive today if ninjavan don’t screw me again today. They had it locally yesterday at 6am and no update. Every single time I get ninjavan as a delivery service this happens,....
 

hafiz116

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2008
Messages
1,151
Reaction score
0
Is this a good deal?

https://www.amazon.sg/dp/B07QM2HD7B

PNY XLR8 CS3030 2TB NVMe SSD for S$281.15

Saw this and don’t know anything about this brand. Anyone else care to comment?

Here’s what I found online: -

The PNY XLR8 CS3030 NVMe SSD offers excellent everyday performance and a very low price. However it slows to a crawl after it runs out of cache when writing large files, so look elsewhere if that's your primary task.

Good point is that it’s sold by Amazon SG too!!!
 
Last edited:

xhoyasx

Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2008
Messages
182
Reaction score
3
The price went up to $793 now so I think it was a glitch. Should have taken both!

if you see a deal in amazon sg, buy now think later hahaha.
its easy to return it since its only in SG.

i think we should whatsapp each other when theres a deal.
 
Last edited:

hafiz116

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2008
Messages
1,151
Reaction score
0
if you see a deal in amazon sg, buy now think later hahaha.
its easy to return it since its only in SG.

i think we should whatsapp each other when theres a deal.

Yep. That deal I got was an amazing one. Arrives Monday!
 

xhoyasx

Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2008
Messages
182
Reaction score
3
are you looking for GPU for your ITX build? middle end gpus are priced well now also at amazon
 

hafiz116

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2008
Messages
1,151
Reaction score
0
are you looking for GPU for your ITX build? middle end gpus are priced well now also at amazon

I ordered the Asus ROG Strix X550 I Gaming for $365 but it wont be in stock till the 17th - no hurry because I still can’t get the NZXT H1 just yet. The 2TB NVMe is for that build but I will run some test on my ATX once it arrives.

For GPU I was thinking of getting something cheap second hand while I wait for the NVidia 4000 series to launch. My Aorus RTX 2080 Ti cant go into the H1 case,.. the Aussie reviewer put it in the H1 and scraped the crap out of it when trying to remove the cover so I ain’t doing that.

The goal is to test my 3950X in the H1 and see if it works well if not then I will get something less powerful for the ITX and put back the 3950X into my ATX.
 

Vegitto

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2002
Messages
71,719
Reaction score
10,034
if you see a deal in amazon sg, buy now think later hahaha.
its easy to return it since its only in SG.

i think we should whatsapp each other when theres a deal.

Yeah, although I just got a wd sn750 1tb from amazon us for my new rig.. this morning saw amazon sg selling adata su800 2tb for $240 and ordered it.

Just nice it'll come just before my cpu and ram arrive from amazon us

If anyone looking for a sata 2tb, there's the link. Now left 2 pieces
https://www.amazon.sg/ADATA-SU800-3...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=M2G6G04F8WEM9DKWWWMJ


Also saw a wd gold hdd 6tb selling for $13x, fulfilled by amazon sg... dunno if I should risk it coz many reviews(all based in us) saying its oem stock and warranty not covered by wd
 
Last edited:

hafiz116

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2008
Messages
1,151
Reaction score
0
if you see a deal in amazon sg, buy now think later hahaha.
its easy to return it since its only in SG.

i think we should whatsapp each other when theres a deal.

Is there a HWZ WhatsApp group? I don’t mind joining to share stuff like this. Shared it here but it was at some stupid time in the morning (2am).
 

hafiz116

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2008
Messages
1,151
Reaction score
0
Yeah, although I just got a wd sn750 1tb from amazon us for my new rig.. this morning saw amazon sg selling adata su800 2tb for $240 and ordered it.

Just nice it'll come just before my cpu and ram arrive from amazon us

If anyone looking for a sata 2tb, there's the link. Now left 2 pieces
https://www.amazon.sg/ADATA-SU800-3...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=M2G6G04F8WEM9DKWWWMJ


Also saw a wd gold hdd 6tb selling for $13x, fulfilled by amazon sg... dunno if I should risk it coz many reviews(all based in us) saying its oem stock and warranty not covered by wd

Are your NVMe slots full on your new rig? Else what is the reason why you bought SATA SSD over putting the storage directly onto the motherboard?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top