iPhone 12 Series

cnt

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2000
Messages
99,887
Reaction score
146
The 1/2 mask trick doesn’t work for you all? It works pretty well for me as long not using disposable mask
 

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2013
Messages
6,640
Reaction score
618
The 1/2 mask trick doesn’t work for you all? It works pretty well for me as long not using disposable mask

for me is normal disposable surgical mask most of the time around 70% can face unlock. don’t even need 1/2 mask. just slightly use my hand cover the mask area or something don’t even need to do anything it will face unlock liao.

but when using cloth type mask only once in a blue mood can get to face unlock.

 

FinalNitro

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2011
Messages
963
Reaction score
1
Apple's target customer is anybody looking to get a smartphone heh. You're long overdue for an upgrade!

In this Covid era, any kind of fingerprint sensor would have been welcome. Pulling down your facemask to unlock your phone multiple times over the course of the day can't be much fun...I have no idea how X and 11 users have been managing but I guess I'll find out this weekend when I get my 12p. A sensor built into the power button isn't even new tech, Sony's Xperias have had it since 2015. I recall using it on my old XZ Premium and it worked flawlessly.

Haha yes long overdue. Was waiting for the next design iteration following the X series since 11 was last of it's kind, so will probably be upgrading to the current 12 series.

I can only guess, Apple is going for the under screen fingerprint reader technology. Read somewhere they got some sort of patent going on.
 

cnt

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2000
Messages
99,887
Reaction score
146
for me is normal disposable surgical mask most of the time around 70% can face unlock. don’t even need 1/2 mask. just slightly use my hand cover the mask area or something don’t even need to do anything it will face unlock liao.

but when using cloth type mask only once in a blue mood can get to face unlock.

I mean register alt Face ID using 1/2 mask
 

FinalNitro

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2011
Messages
963
Reaction score
1
I'm guessing when the pandemic hit, it was too late to incorporate TouchID into iP12 without massive delays, and potentially missing the 2020 year-end shopping season....

Oh well....I read some online leaks TouchID will be back for the 2021 edition so I guess that's that

True. Same situation for 120Hz ProMotion too I suppose.

But too early for 2021 leaks already la :s13: even if have also hard to confirm, don't pin hopes on it
 

cnt

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2000
Messages
99,887
Reaction score
146
how-to-use-iphone-face-id-with-mask-walkthrough-1.png


https://9to5mac.com/2020/04/08/iphone-how-to-use-face-id-with-mask/
 

70niner

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2008
Messages
41,612
Reaction score
2,774
True. Same situation for 120Hz ProMotion too I suppose.

But too early for 2021 leaks already la :s13: even if have also hard to confirm, don't pin hopes on it
I think the TouchID and 120Hz leaks are credible for 2021 edition, but we'll see....
 

i.Singaporean

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2012
Messages
1,942
Reaction score
334
Mine just shipped!

They say shipping partners will be providing contactless delivery - they going leave my 1.6K on my door step??

inb4 like ninjavan, just leave and zao.. don't even bother pressing doorbell
 

cnt

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2000
Messages
99,887
Reaction score
146
Mine just shipped!

They say shipping partners will be providing contactless delivery - they going leave my 1.6K on my door step??

inb4 like ninjavan, just leave and zao.. don't even bother pressing doorbell
I go outside your house wait
 

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
7,576
Reaction score
347
There not be Touch ID on the power button on the top end iPhones. That’s for sure. Apple will only implement in-screen Touch ID but only if they can achieve performance and quality of Apple standard while also making sure yield can meet the volume.
 

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
112,649
Reaction score
4,415
Mine just shipped!

They say shipping partners will be providing contactless delivery - they going leave my 1.6K on my door step??

inb4 like ninjavan, just leave and zao.. don't even bother pressing doorbell
i think they using DHL or Fedex right~? doubt they allow throw in front of door policy~

last time home always bo lang to receive end up always have to go Changi Business Park to collect~ :s22:

now Apple Store here.. can self collect~ :o
 

StanII

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
14,712
Reaction score
30
I wait for tear down then I share .... =:p a lot ppl don’t know yet bro



Very big for you bro.
I changed from X > XS Max (really bad upgrade)
XS Max > iPhone 11 Pro Max (Super big upgrade)

You jump from x > 12 sure very big for you!



I agree with you, they are blurring the lines between the normal 12 and the 12 pro series. Really good choice regardless of which you choose to go with.


My upgrade path was like you,

Why you’d say X to XS Max was bad upgrade?
 

KingOfSbw

Master Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2010
Messages
4,322
Reaction score
38
There not be Touch ID on the power button on the top end iPhones. That’s for sure. Apple will only implement in-screen Touch ID but only if they can achieve performance and quality of Apple standard while also making sure yield can meet the volume.
Samsung s20+ in scree touch id sux
Not very responsive
End up used more face id

Sent from Samsung SM-G985F using GAGT
 

kashix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
14,438
Reaction score
4,166
My upgrade path was like you,

Why you’d say X to XS Max was bad upgrade?

Because I loved my X enough that I actually went to do the battery replacement, thinking that I can use 1 more year. Then my mum’s contract was due. She asked me if I wanted any phone. Then I reluctantly upgraded. XS Max improvement not much compared to X, other than the screen BB size. I was quite sad over the upgrading as I don’t see much improvements. When I changed from XS Max to iPhone 11 Pro Max, oh boy, I think it’s the best iPhone I’ve ever used.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top