iPhone 12 Series

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,322
Reaction score
6,583
the thing is, its a bit unusual for Apple to have 2 features to perform the same function: authentication.

and the user experience when having TouchID on a gesture only iOS, is a bit... weird.

take for example the new iPad Air. yes, it has got TouchID, but users who are already used to FaceID on iPad Pro find unlocking iPad Air slower. coz now they have reach (and press) that top button.

idunnolol

Apple give me what, i use. :( :o :crazy: :vijayadmin:
 

bedlamite

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2002
Messages
1,977
Reaction score
51
the thing is, its a bit unusual for Apple to have 2 features to perform the same function: authentication.
We live in unusual times, mate, would be nice if our devices could adapt. I hate coming back to this, but yeah.

and the user experience when having TouchID on a gesture only iOS, is a bit... weird.

take for example the new iPad Air. yes, it has got TouchID, but users who are already used to FaceID on iPad Pro find unlocking iPad Air slower. coz now they have reach (and press) that top button.

idunnolol
Yes, reaching up to unlock is troublesome, which is why Sony located the power button along the middle of the side of the phone, where your thumb would already be when you're holding the phone. They got the ergonomics right, Apple maybe not so much.

If Apple wanted in-power button TouchID on their phones, they'd need to relocate their power button to avoid this ergonomic nightmare. Would be a pretty huge step.
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,322
Reaction score
6,583
We live in unusual times, mate, would be nice if our devices could adapt. I hate coming back to this, but yeah.


Yes, reaching up to unlock is troublesome, which is why Sony located the power button along the middle of the side of the phone, where your thumb would already be when you're holding the phone. They got the ergonomics right, Apple maybe not so much.

If Apple wanted in-power button TouchID on their phones, they'd need to relocate their power button to avoid this ergonomic nightmare. Would be a pretty huge step.

I preferred apple location than sony location to be honest.
 

StanII

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
14,712
Reaction score
30
anyone on 11 pro max decided to just bite the bullet and go for 12 pro first and not wait for 12 pro max?

tempted to go smaller this year.

previously on 7 plus > X > XS Max > 11 Pro Max

no reviews nothing, don't wanna let contract drag on as well, already 1 month late.
 

Icterine

Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2018
Messages
343
Reaction score
0
Samsung s20+ in scree touch id sux
Not very responsive
End up used more face id

Sent from Samsung SM-G985F using GAGT
Eh S10+ user here, ultrasonic fingerprint is very responsive. It's working significantly better after a series of software updates.

But sammy "Face ID" is the kiddo kind. Print a picture of someone's face can unlock liao.
 

KingOfSbw

Master Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2010
Messages
4,322
Reaction score
38
anyone on 11 pro max decided to just bite the bullet and go for 12 pro first and not wait for 12 pro max?

tempted to go smaller this year.

previously on 7 plus > X > XS Max > 11 Pro Max

no reviews nothing, don't wanna let contract drag on as well, already 1 month late.
I think not many here going to downsize bah
I am from s20+ so is like down downsize from 6.7 to 6.1, i did that because telco contract expiring too
If use liao not happy then sell and buy pro max without contract lo

Sent from Samsung SM-G985F using GAGT
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,322
Reaction score
6,583
anyone on 11 pro max decided to just bite the bullet and go for 12 pro first and not wait for 12 pro max?

tempted to go smaller this year.

previously on 7 plus > X > XS Max > 11 Pro Max

no reviews nothing, don't wanna let contract drag on as well, already 1 month late.

Me. Got a bit want to go 12 Pro. But end up no. Happy with my current 6.5in and most important of all, the battery. 11PM is still rocking A13 with 39XXmAm battery and this phone can last me for very long. I'm not going to pay more for a smaller battery with A14.
 

PongRareRare

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2008
Messages
2,047
Reaction score
92
Eh S10+ user here, ultrasonic fingerprint is very responsive. It's working significantly better after a series of software updates.

But sammy "Face ID" is the kiddo kind. Print a picture of someone's face can unlock liao.

Very responsive? Hmm... I was a S10+ user, I sold it off cos the ultrasonic finger is super unreliable. Everyone I know agreed with me then, including at the Samsung sub forum.
I always thought it’s a hardware limitation, I guess the software update improved the whole experience.
Every time I try to unlock phone, I am only at 50% sure it will unlock.
 
Last edited:

Icterine

Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2018
Messages
343
Reaction score
0
Very responsive? Hmm... I was a S10+ user, I sold it off cos the ultrasonic finger is super unreliable. Everyone I know agreed with me then, including at the Samsung sub forum.
I always thought it’s a hardware limitation, I guess the software update improved the whole experience.
Every time I try to unlock phone, I am only at 50% sure it will unlock.
Yes, initially back in March 2019 the recognition is terrible. But ever since the One UI 2.0 was released everything is so much smoother. I guess you missed the good part. 90% recognition rate currently.
 

Bane147

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2013
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Thoughts on practicality of iPhone 12 Mini

Maybe I am in the minority here but iPhone 12 Mini basically serves no purpose. Maybe I'm wrong so wanna gather your thoughts on this.:s13:
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,322
Reaction score
6,583
Maybe I am in the minority here but iPhone 12 Mini basically serves no purpose. Maybe I'm wrong so wanna gather your thoughts on this.:s13:

For people who want a small form iphone. This is it. Not the SE.
 

Nekomeow

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2015
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
anyone on 11 pro max decided to just bite the bullet and go for 12 pro first and not wait for 12 pro max?

tempted to go smaller this year.

previously on 7 plus > X > XS Max > 11 Pro Max

no reviews nothing, don't wanna let contract drag on as well, already 1 month late.

Was on xs max, downgraded to 12 pro cos got a bit tired of big phones. And the pro max is even bigger and heavier than my xs max.

Gian the sensor stabilisation and larger sensor, but not a pro photographer so hopefully the diff will be marginal.
 

bedlamite

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2002
Messages
1,977
Reaction score
51
Maybe I am in the minority here but iPhone 12 Mini basically serves no purpose. Maybe I'm wrong so wanna gather your thoughts on this.:s13:
A lot of ppl are sick of phones getting bigger and bigger every year, the Mini is a direct response to that. I think it'll sell well in Western countries.

In Asia or other parts of the world where the iPhone is still regarded as a status symbol, the Mini may not sell so well. If you're getting an iPhone to flex, might as well get the "proper" iPhone, right?

What's interesting is if the Mini will return next year or if this was a one-off.
 

Rubick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2011
Messages
34,950
Reaction score
2,326
Mini is good wanted to get that.
But decided to go with pro max for the camera.
If they have the camera system on mini, would not hesitate to hoot mini liao.
Quite sick of using large phone, now using the iphone se so sleek n nice.
 

Icterine

Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2018
Messages
343
Reaction score
0
So how tomorrow? Everyone is picking up and apple is denying entry into the stores to have a hands on session.

Doesn't make sense isn't it? Snaking queues outside the stores but only apple staff allowed inside?

Earliest possible hands on session seems to be on 26 Oct. All morning slots are wiped out.
 

kmkimlo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 13, 2003
Messages
14,186
Reaction score
1,756
just wait loh.. there is also no need to go and molest the phones as soon as it is out..

now still covid season
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top