jogging and motivation thread

sph777

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2019
Messages
1,784
Reaction score
1,790
https://goldcoastmarathon.com.au/

Had a chat with my friend after my run today and he told me GCM registration is tomorrow. I will be signing up for it since it's first come, first serve. Had a discussion with him, and decided to run the HM instead of FM.

Race will be on 4/7/2026.
All the best! Your training has been going very well. For me I'll think about it, ask my wife if she wants to go australia as that is close to her birthday
 

Kuudere

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2016
Messages
25,968
Reaction score
17,214
@Kuudere As expected I did not get Berlin marathon haha. 3 tries tokyo, 1 try nyc, 1 try Berlin all no luck so far
There's a lot of non-ballot races, Gold Coast is open today. Perth marathon is open now too (October). There's also races in Japan/Korea, but never look into it too much.

I will be going for TW HM in January and likely Gold Coast in July, but need to get my leave approved for the latter first.

Have to queue for Gold Coast marathon registration, I just realised. 32k people.
 

sph777

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2019
Messages
1,784
Reaction score
1,790
There's a lot of non-ballot races, Gold Coast is open today. Perth marathon is open now too (October). There's also races in Japan/Korea, but never look into it too much.

I will be going for TW HM in January and likely Gold Coast in July, but need to get my leave approved for the latter first.

Have to queue for Gold Coast marathon registration, I just realised. 32k people.
Wow, but yeah Gold Coast is flat so it is super popular. Many Singaporeans go there for PB.
 

VonDeVous

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2003
Messages
1,126
Reaction score
300
There's another public figure, also call Steve Chia, an opposition party with SPP. He was a ex Triathletes, and now still quite active doing ultramarathon.


he just finished UTMB Chiang Mai over the weekend for 50km category, 5th rank among singaporeans.
now he's under team falcons wo

4hN2EaV.png
 

Kuudere

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2016
Messages
25,968
Reaction score
17,214
All the best! Your training has been going very well. For me I'll think about it, ask my wife if she wants to go australia as that is close to her birthday
My HM goal for 2026:

1. <=1:23 (A goal)
2. <=1.25 (B goal)
3. <=1.27 (C goal)
4. <=1.29 (D goal)

I think I am at D goal now in Sg based on workouts. C goal probably attainable overseas. Achieving A goal would put me in sub-3 hr marathon fitness, but highly unlikely based on my mileage now.

Will experiment with 70+km average weeks next year to see how.
Wow, but yeah Gold Coast is flat so it is super popular. Many Singaporeans go there for PB.
I originally wanted to sign up for HM but was surprised to see it being filled. Ended up going for M. Will debut marathon overseas, joining the 3.20-3.50 group.

6 months to train after my TW HM in Jan.
he just finished UTMB Chiang Mai over the weekend for 50km category, 5th rank among singaporeans.
now he's under team falcons wo

4hN2EaV.png
I know people from x trailblazers also competing in trail races, they usually do their long runs at macritchie and fast runs at Mount Faber
 

sph777

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2019
Messages
1,784
Reaction score
1,790
My HM goal for 2026:

1. <=1:23 (A goal)
2. <=1.25 (B goal)
3. <=1.27 (C goal)
4. <=1.29 (D goal)

I think I am at D goal now in Sg based on workouts. C goal probably attainable overseas. Achieving A goal would put me in sub-3 hr marathon fitness, but highly unlikely based on my mileage now.

Will experiment with 70+km average weeks next year to see how.

I originally wanted to sign up for HM but was surprised to see it being filled. Ended up going for M. Will debut marathon overseas, joining the 3.20-3.50 group.

6 months to train after my TW HM in Jan.

I know people from x trailblazers also competing in trail races, they usually do their long runs at macritchie and fast runs at Mount Faber
Wow! Go for it! :) I think your HM goals should be achievable. 3:20 is a conservative target for your marathon debut
 

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,257
Reaction score
11,573
My HM goal for 2026:

1. <=1:23 (A goal)
2. <=1.25 (B goal)
3. <=1.27 (C goal)
4. <=1.29 (D goal)

I think I am at D goal now in Sg based on workouts. C goal probably attainable overseas. Achieving A goal would put me in sub-3 hr marathon fitness, but highly unlikely based on my mileage now.

Will experiment with 70+km average weeks next year to see how.

I originally wanted to sign up for HM but was surprised to see it being filled. Ended up going for M. Will debut marathon overseas, joining the 3.20-3.50 group.

6 months to train after my TW HM in Jan.

I know people from x trailblazers also competing in trail races, they usually do their long runs at macritchie and fast runs at Mount Faber

Wow......so many goals.
 

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,340
Reaction score
7,962
My HM goal for 2026:

1. <=1:23 (A goal)
2. <=1.25 (B goal)
3. <=1.27 (C goal)
4. <=1.29 (D goal)

I think I am at D goal now in Sg based on workouts. C goal probably attainable overseas. Achieving A goal would put me in sub-3 hr marathon fitness, but highly unlikely based on my mileage now.

Will experiment with 70+km average weeks next year to see how.

I originally wanted to sign up for HM but was surprised to see it being filled. Ended up going for M. Will debut marathon overseas, joining the 3.20-3.50 group.

6 months to train after my TW HM in Jan.

I know people from x trailblazers also competing in trail races, they usually do their long runs at macritchie and fast runs at Mount Faber
Since you already signed up fo FM, just saying I feel when going for overseas race, I always feel the money spend on air tix and accommodation, makes FM is more value for money option. Apart for more distance and more logistics, the favorable climate affects more on longer distances.
Sure can meet you FM goal, your current training regime and 6 months to go. Ample time to get there.
 

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,340
Reaction score
7,962
he just finished UTMB Chiang Mai over the weekend for 50km category, 5th rank among singaporeans.
now he's under team falcons wo

4hN2EaV.png
He is my age category. can really endure. Team falcon, the Chris Timm group?
 

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,340
Reaction score
7,962
Wah hopefully Sunday won't be this weather. 2022 I think first hour delay due to cat 1, whole body and shoes soaked. Don't want to repeat that haha
I remember, that was the first race after covid lock down. Kena stuck in the shelter. But I thought the weather was cooling once the rain subside enough to start.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top