M.2 NVMe storage Recommendation

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2002
Messages
61,741
Reaction score
3,579
Samsung got promo but there is no stock for 2tb. Only left small size one..

Unless export one..

*manage to find last one. I settle it la.
Backup piece.. I wait for WD ba
 

Unclemun

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2003
Messages
8,735
Reaction score
748
I have a 2TB 980 Pro. It was already having the latest firmware 5B2QGXA7.
After a week, no errors so far
 

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2011
Messages
29,032
Reaction score
8,286
What's a relatively decent M.2 NVME for storage?

Samsung drives, when it doesn't have issues, can last quite a long time even in rough environments, but with the firmware widespread bugs, I probably won't recommend it atm.

I would get sn850x as of now, or maybe p5/p5p depending on price, yea.

Other brand drives are mostly rebranded OEMs. I generally don't find them reliable, especially when used as an OS drive. At most, I will use it as storage for unimportant data, they are mostly cheap af anyway so idgaf also.

YMMV.
 
Last edited:

nagase_4

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2002
Messages
1,661
Reaction score
49
Erm where shld I go to get wd850x 2TB cheapest ah? Cos I saw amazon is not cheap. U guys saying buy locally is cheaper.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top