M.2 NVMe storage Recommendation

Dashie

Member
Joined
May 22, 2018
Messages
166
Reaction score
7
Hi I would like to ask if my old AMD motherboard TUF B450M-PLUS will be able to use a second NVME SSD if I buy a second one of any Samsung EVO M2? thanks in advance because I know next to nothing about this but I want to add another NVME M2 for storage.
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,322
Reaction score
6,583
Hi I would like to ask if my old AMD motherboard TUF B450M-PLUS will be able to use a second NVME SSD if I buy a second one of any Samsung EVO M2? thanks in advance because I know next to nothing about this but I want to add another NVME M2 for storage.
Your motherboard only have 1 nvme slot.
 

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
1,689
Hi I would like to ask if my old AMD motherboard TUF B450M-PLUS will be able to use a second NVME SSD if I buy a second one of any Samsung EVO M2? thanks in advance because I know next to nothing about this but I want to add another NVME M2 for storage.
Since your board only has 1 single nvme slot, the only way is to buy 2.5" SATA ssd or pcie-nvme adapter
s-zoom.file
 

Dashie

Member
Joined
May 22, 2018
Messages
166
Reaction score
7
Since your board only has 1 single nvme slot, the only way is to buy 2.5" SATA ssd or pcie-nvme adapter
s-zoom.file
Thank you guys for the reply! I would prefer the adapter to use NVME Is there anything I should look out for while buying the adapter? which one would you recommend to get?
 

naked123

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2010
Messages
7,652
Reaction score
1,011
Thank you guys for the reply! I would prefer the adapter to use NVME Is there anything I should look out for while buying the adapter? which one would you recommend to get?

doesnt matter what you get since the adapter is a dumb device.

get pcie 3.0/4.0 x4 to m.2 adapter. dont get those pcie x1
 

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
40,456
Reaction score
6,007
Thank you guys for the reply! I would prefer the adapter to use NVME Is there anything I should look out for while buying the adapter? which one would you recommend to get?

Rather just get a SATA SSD will do.
Day to day usage and gaming NVME won't make a big difference.
But if you want to get a adapter just to install NVME.

Make sure the motherboard BIOS support it and can detect it.
If not it will be waste of money.
 

kashix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
14,431
Reaction score
4,163
Hooted 1TB SN850X @ $98 for external SSD.
Btw, where can I buy SK Hynix P41 locally? Got shop sell?
 

Kegler

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2000
Messages
5,985
Reaction score
305
Just ordered a 2tb fanxiang nvme from taobao for 500rmb
Will let u all know how bad isit soon
😂
 
Last edited:

zhanhuju

Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2022
Messages
466
Reaction score
481
Just ordered a 2tb fanxiang nvme from taobao for 500rmb
Will let u all know how bad isit soon
😂
It is a bad brand.
Of all the brands you could have gotten brands like Zhitai, Lexar, Asgard, Gloway you had to pick Fanxiang. :rolleyes:
 

zhanhuju

Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2022
Messages
466
Reaction score
481
Really that bad??? Review all fake?
It is bad not to the extent that is it unusable, it definitely works as advertised and you will get your read and write speeds and they will definitely honour the warranty
But the long term reliability may not be there, hit or miss.
Buying China SSD is about choosing who uses the best NAND flash.
The price difference of 100 yuan is only 20 SGD, it makes sense to choose the higher quality ones if possible.
 

Kegler

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2000
Messages
5,985
Reaction score
305
It is bad not to the extent that is it unusable, it definitely works and you will get your read and write speeds and they will definitely honour the warranty
But the reliability may not be there. It is about choosing who uses the best NAND flash.
The price difference of 100 yuan is only 20 SGD, it makes sense to choose the higher quality ones if possible
Agree on your point and I accidentally regreted after I order....oh well.....just use until spoilt bah
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top