[Mac 101] Ask your questions here!

chibaboom

Master Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2007
Messages
3,098
Reaction score
0
I just got my iMac and I was wondering how do I send function keys to Windows when I use Remote Control tools like Team Viewer and Logmein.com to control Windows PC?
 

emuji

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2003
Messages
1,589
Reaction score
0
lol.. yeah well~ last time need big screen ma.. now dun need.. so is fine with me.. :D

i am using a macbook, but tempted to go with the new 17" MBP until i saw the price :s13:

so, i probably would get an iMac instead :D
 

sharshar

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2007
Messages
38,438
Reaction score
0
i am using a macbook, but tempted to go with the new 17" MBP until i saw the price :s13:

so, i probably would get an iMac instead :D
depends on whether u need to be on the move or not! for me im on the move most of the times.. so i opt for a macbook.. :D
 

chibaboom

Master Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2007
Messages
3,098
Reaction score
0
I just got my iMac and I was wondering how do I send function keys to Windows when I use Remote Control tools like Team Viewer and Logmein.com to control Windows PC?
nvm, found my answer
fn + alt/option + f-key
 

globalnomad

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2006
Messages
86
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I need to use bootcamp to run windows for some work related bullcrap, and since I'm already at it, I might as well run a few games on it.

Anyway, a quick question, is there a Windows XP/Vista specifically for Mac ? Or can I just get one XP SP2/Vista off the rack and use for bootcamp?

Anyone know roughly how much dough I'll have to waste on a windows for bootcamp?

Thanks in advance. :)
 

jaskoo80

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2007
Messages
1,009
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I need to use bootcamp to run windows for some work related bullcrap, and since I'm already at it, I might as well run a few games on it.

Anyway, a quick question, is there a Windows XP/Vista specifically for Mac ? Or can I just get one XP SP2/Vista off the rack and use for bootcamp?

Anyone know roughly how much dough I'll have to waste on a windows for bootcamp?

Thanks in advance. :)
there's no specific Windows build for Mac... as long as SP2 and above should be fine.
 

chibaboom

Master Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2007
Messages
3,098
Reaction score
0
Suddenly, I have startup disk full message but my Mac HD has over 200GB free space available. What's happening?
I tried disk repair but the error message still appears! :(
 

chibaboom

Master Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2007
Messages
3,098
Reaction score
0
I have screenshot!

20k7m7s.jpg
 

donald83

Master Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2003
Messages
2,954
Reaction score
1
hey everytime when i start up my mac (on wireless), the internet connection is very very slow.. the wireless connection bar on top is onnly 1 to 3 bars showing weak signal. But after a long time, then it will be full. this doesn't happen again until I restart the computer again. Anyone can explain?
 

RupertGee

Master Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2006
Messages
4,132
Reaction score
0
Suddenly, I have startup disk full message but my Mac HD has over 200GB free space available. What's happening?
I tried disk repair but the error message still appears! :(
Looking at the Get Info window it's obvious you have 265+ GB left for your boot-up drive.

So the warning message is very odd.

I would run AppleJack to let it fix any hard drive error, failing which I would apply the Combo update to make sure the OS's files are restored.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2078645

http://appleclinic.wordpress.com/2008/06/01/safely-upgrade-your-os/
 

emuji

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2003
Messages
1,589
Reaction score
0
That's software piracy.

Read the Terms of use for Family Pack, as I'm sure your "family" isn't one you look for on the net!

rather than getting a pirated copy right? how many people here really have a whole bunch of family members using Mac?

i am sure Apple knows about it and rather than breeding piracy, and also to reach out to more consumers, this is the way to issue the license.

so what would say about using cousin's or friend's student ID to buy 'education' or 'academic' priced software and hardware? =:p

looking at the price, i may just share with my brother-in-law - that's if he wants. 198 isn't that expensive. but hell, just 138 bucks with free shipping, i can just get off the store anytime but just that if there's an avenue for a little saving - i wouldn't mind :D

hmmm, one question. is there an option to purchase additional license if i need to?
 
Last edited:

chibaboom

Master Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2007
Messages
3,098
Reaction score
0
Looking at the Get Info window it's obvious you have 265+ GB left for your boot-up drive.

So the warning message is very odd.

I would run AppleJack to let it fix any hard drive error, failing which I would apply the Combo update to make sure the OS's files are restored.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2078645

http://appleclinic.wordpress.com/2008/06/01/safely-upgrade-your-os/
Thank you! I think now its fine!
Before I did the repair with AppleJack, I tried copying huge files and with GetInfo window open. When the Disk Full message appears, the available space went straight to Zero for a few seconds and back to 200+GB available. Very weird.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top