[Mac 101] Ask your questions here!

shawn_sboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2005
Messages
11,254
Reaction score
4
my top app used so far:

1)LittleSnitch
2)parallels
3)decibels
4)OnyX
5)textmate :)
 

davi502

Master Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2005
Messages
4,608
Reaction score
54
For mine, just google. I'm not sure if they are available on the appstore.
 

clause

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2010
Messages
1,753
Reaction score
0
:s13: No wonder.. btw the battery hw u charge ? Will u use till certain % then plug in the adapter or plug in all the way

Well for me, I just charge normally. As in if outside then no plug then I will use battery. If at home most of the time is plug into the power socket. Sometime just use the batt for 2 to 3 hours then charge it again. Nothing big, then if on 2nd year battery died or before apple care finish, ask them change battery for me. :s13::s13:

For app wise
- geektool (run command line for beautifying desktop)
- bettertouch tool
- better snap (make the windows resizing like in windows 7)
- smcnfancontrol
- coconut battery

those are for the systems and of course other app like netbean (PHP), Adobe (photoshop, dreamweaver), MYSQLWorkbench and you know the rest. hahahaha.

ps - most of the app, I go to their website and download it. :)
 

mvp1985

Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2008
Messages
411
Reaction score
0
Well for me, I just charge normally. As in if outside then no plug then I will use battery. If at home most of the time is plug into the power socket. Sometime just use the batt for 2 to 3 hours then charge it again. Nothing big, then if on 2nd year battery died or before apple care finish, ask them change battery for me. :s13::s13:

For app wise
- geektool (run command line for beautifying desktop)
- bettertouch tool
- better snap (make the windows resizing like in windows 7)
- smcnfancontrol
- coconut battery

those are for the systems and of course other app like netbean (PHP), Adobe (photoshop, dreamweaver), MYSQLWorkbench and you know the rest. hahahaha.

ps - most of the app, I go to their website and download it. :)

oh ok, lolx coconut battery:s31:
 

clause

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2010
Messages
1,753
Reaction score
0
oh ok, lolx coconut battery:s31:

Yeap, the name sounds cute. However it is a awesome program! It tell you how good or how suck your battery is. hahaha. :s13::s13:


@shawn_sboi , do you buy the textmate ? I'm using a free one like textwrangler now.


ps - btw how do you guys uninstall something so that its clean? As in without leaving folders behind. I'm using app zapper atm.

Any app better or ways better to do it ? Thanks!
 

shawn_sboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2005
Messages
11,254
Reaction score
4
Best way would be via Finder aka manually moving associated files to Trash.

Yes corect :)

Yeap, the name sounds cute. However it is a awesome program! It tell you how good or how suck your battery is. hahaha. :s13::s13:


@shawn_sboi , do you buy the textmate ? I'm using a free one like textwrangler now.


ps - btw how do you guys uninstall something so that its clean? As in without leaving folders behind. I'm using app zapper atm.

Any app better or ways better to do it ? Thanks!

Manually is the way. check the link i posted on macrumors :)

yes i bought textmate. I do use textwrangler free one.. but it doesnt have project spaces like textmate.

I am very used to open my text editor with all my available text files i opened. :)
 

xmartin86x

Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2006
Messages
266
Reaction score
0
hi, i've just done a snow leopard installation on a new hardisk for my gf's macbk 13'' 2.4ghz core 2 duo and updated to 10.6.8. I wanna ask if, Facetime is included free? Or it's included free for lion?
 

negativzero

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2005
Messages
7,766
Reaction score
11
Facetime should be included with 2010mbp onwards. If not, you have to pay 99c from app store.
 

clause

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2010
Messages
1,753
Reaction score
0
Yes corect :)



Manually is the way. check the link i posted on macrumors :)

yes i bought textmate. I do use textwrangler free one.. but it doesnt have project spaces like textmate.

I am very used to open my text editor with all my available text files i opened. :)

How do you find it manually ? As in search base on the application name ?

Btw which link? :O Sorry I dont see any link for the macrumour. :O
 

mvp1985

Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2008
Messages
411
Reaction score
0
coconut battery is good :)

Yeap, the name sounds cute. However it is a awesome program! It tell you how good or how suck your battery is. hahaha. :s13::s13:


@shawn_sboi , do you buy the textmate ? I'm using a free one like textwrangler now.


ps - btw how do you guys uninstall something so that its clean? As in without leaving folders behind. I'm using app zapper atm.

Any app better or ways better to do it ? Thanks!

haha ok will try it out.. is there any good web tat intro apps for mbp ?? Like intro wat does the apps work for etc.. other then apple apps store ?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top