[Mac 101] Ask your questions here!

sp0rky

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2005
Messages
1,842
Reaction score
9
Does anyone know how to fix the time issue when you change from windows to lion?? the timing is always wrong
 

MookieTea

Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2010
Messages
497
Reaction score
0
So guys, i purchased 2X4GB Strontium ram today. Installed it, reformat my mbp too. However, the lag persists, thou not as bad as the old ram. Anyone has any idea what's the sole problem?:(
 

whiteblackred

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
1,446
Reaction score
0
Hi guys, I'm planning to get big wide screen display and hook it up to my mbp (lion OS). however, I'm not willing to fork out such a huge amount for the apple cinema display.

any other models that can work with the mbp running on lion (latest update) seamlessly? looking for wide screen and HD. slim design as well.
 

masayuki

Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
333
Reaction score
0
So guys, i purchased 2X4GB Strontium ram today. Installed it, reformat my mbp too. However, the lag persists, thou not as bad as the old ram. Anyone has any idea what's the sole problem?:(

Hi....

Does the lag persist immediately after reinstall or after you install other applications?

It would be good to know what you are running under cpu usage....
This especially applies if your set is heating up a bit too much...
 
Last edited:

negativzero

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2005
Messages
7,766
Reaction score
11
So guys, i purchased 2X4GB Strontium ram today. Installed it, reformat my mbp too. However, the lag persists, thou not as bad as the old ram. Anyone has any idea what's the sole problem?:(

Post ur mem usage again after upgrading. And show the processes you are running again. Find it hard to believe you aren't doing anything intensive.
 

negativzero

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2005
Messages
7,766
Reaction score
11
Hi guys, I'm planning to get big wide screen display and hook it up to my mbp (lion OS). however, I'm not willing to fork out such a huge amount for the apple cinema display.

any other models that can work with the mbp running on lion (latest update) seamlessly? looking for wide screen and HD. slim design as well.

Get the minidisplay port and you can plug it into any display.
 

sp0rky

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2005
Messages
1,842
Reaction score
9
Does anyone know how to fix the time issue when you change from windows to lion?? the timing is always wrong
 

MookieTea

Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2010
Messages
497
Reaction score
0
Post ur mem usage again after upgrading. And show the processes you are running again. Find it hard to believe you aren't doing anything intensive.

As requested. :) Sorry for the cut-out part under User as it is my personal email address.

And i assure you guys im not doing anything intensive. Just surfing the net, using itunes. Nothing more.

Screenshot2012-01-20atPM095004.png
 

STiTUNED

Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2011
Messages
214
Reaction score
0
Hi all, planning to get an Apple MacBook Air 11 inch instead of the 13 inch due to budget. But I got many feedback from my family and friend.

One example is - They advise not getting a Mac as running software on the Windows is much more stable than on the Mac. Many software not compatible with Mac.

So I need advise from Mac user to guide me how Mac is better than Windows.

Is it true that Mac start up is many times faster than Windows and Mac is some kind like an 'iPhone'?
 

PsYkOoOoO

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2009
Messages
706
Reaction score
0
Hi all, planning to get an Apple MacBook Air 11 inch instead of the 13 inch due to budget. But I got many feedback from my family and friend.

One example is - They advise not getting a Mac as running software on the Windows is much more stable than on the Mac. Many software not compatible with Mac.

So I need advise from Mac user to guide me how Mac is better than Windows.

Is it true that Mac start up is many times faster than Windows and Mac is some kind like an 'iPhone'?

Hah, your friends and family live in the 90s. A Mac can run both OS X AND Windows, so their point is moot. Even if you choose not to boot both operating systems, there are more than enough applications right now that are native to the Mac. Unless you are talking about very specifically applications (say, you are studying engineering and you need some engineering programme), there is nothing a Windows computer can do that a Mac cannot. If you really want to play a certain game, for example, boot into Windows and play there. A Mac can power BOTH operating systems, making it the only computer you ever really need.

Seriously, it's the best investment ever.
 

clause

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2010
Messages
1,753
Reaction score
0
Hi all, planning to get an Apple MacBook Air 11 inch instead of the 13 inch due to budget. But I got many feedback from my family and friend.

One example is - They advise not getting a Mac as running software on the Windows is much more stable than on the Mac. Many software not compatible with Mac.

So I need advise from Mac user to guide me how Mac is better than Windows.

Is it true that Mac start up is many times faster than Windows and Mac is some kind like an 'iPhone'?

I think you should really ask yourself first.

What do you need the computer for? What do you use it most of the time? If you are into heavy gaming, then definitely go for windows base computer. If you use it for school, video editing, photo editing, then you can consider getting a mac.

What kind of software are using is also another consideration. If you are talking about MS Office, they have a mac version for it.

If you are using it in a work environment and need to join to a domain which is windows base or smth, then maybe windows is a safer option for you. You have to ask to your IT department whether your work environment support Mac OSX or not.
 

STiTUNED

Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2011
Messages
214
Reaction score
0
I think you should really ask yourself first.

What do you need the computer for? What do you use it most of the time? If you are into heavy gaming, then definitely go for windows base computer. If you use it for school, video editing, photo editing, then you can consider getting a mac.

What kind of software are using is also another consideration. If you are talking about MS Office, they have a mac version for it.

If you are using it in a work environment and need to join to a domain which is windows base or smth, then maybe windows is a safer option for you. You have to ask to your IT department whether your work environment support Mac OSX or not.

I am consider for an upgrade because of I want a faster, almost as instant start up/shut down time and no lag in whatever I do in the computer.

Mostly I use the laptop for surfing, iTunes, Facebook, Youtube and some game like Dota and MapleStory.

Can the Mac be use to play game like Dota? Pardon me as I have never heard my friend doing that.
 

junkai21

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2001
Messages
12,504
Reaction score
7
I am consider for an upgrade because of I want a faster, almost as instant start up/shut down time and no lag in whatever I do in the computer.

Mostly I use the laptop for surfing, iTunes, Facebook, Youtube and some game like Dota and MapleStory.

Can the Mac be use to play game like Dota? Pardon me as I have never heard my friend doing that.

Yes u can buy warcraft 3 for mac, or run windows on your mac so it can run warcraft 3 in windows environment
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top