
Anyone got a spare Thunderbolt/Mini DISPLAY -> DVI adaptor to SIC for me to try out with my monitor before I buy one? :3
Edit: Anyone confirm that I can actually just return it within 14 days if it does not work?
Anyone got a spare Thunderbolt/Mini DISPLAY -> DVI adaptor to SIC for me to try out with my monitor before I buy one? :3
Edit: Anyone confirm that I can actually just return it within 14 days if it does not work?
you can return if you bought directly from apple website. You have to keep the original packaging and you have to pay for the postage to send it back to them.
what are you worried about? What do you need to try out?
you can return if you bought directly from apple website. You have to keep the original packaging and you have to pay for the postage to send it back to them.
what are you worried about? What do you need to try out?
I'm worried that the adaptor does not detect the native resolution of my monitor. i don't want the hassle to deal with such things
I'm worried that the adaptor does not detect the native resolution of my monitor. i don't want the hassle to deal with such things
Your MBP screen is already protected by a layer of glass. It is not required for further protection. I have used my MBP for 5+ years and not a single scratch. I wipe it from time to time using soap and water. I use anything from lint free cloth to tissue paper.
Keyboard protector is not good for the laptop because some of the heat will be dissipated through the keyboard and also the surrounding metal chassis. Those rubber protectors will trap heat.
Palm guard is good to have because from long usage, the dirt on your hands will get trapped on the surface. It is easier to rub away. I have been using moshi one for years and still do not have any visible patches of wear and tear due to friction from the palm. From time to time I will wipe it with Isopropyl alcohol to remove the dirt.
the moishi palmguard does it scratches the screen?
i just bought one from Qoo10. Cheap and good. So far so good. price is around SGD10 with shipping. my believe is that this kind of adaptors no need to buy from apple store. there are sufficient third party items that does the job just as well and at a lower cost.

The return postage is free. They'll send a courier to pick up FOC. I've done that more than once.
Hi,
I am thinking of getting a mac air 8gb ram but it would cost 1.4k. The rMBP with 8gb base ram only cost 1.55k which would make it a steal. Previously it was just 4gb base ram so what you would guys suggest?
I was thinking either the min spec mac air refur at 1.1k?
i dont really do programming but I guess a min spec mba is good for day to day usage and some photoshop?
Hi,
I am thinking of getting a mac air 8gb ram but it would cost 1.4k. The rMBP with 8gb base ram only cost 1.55k which would make it a steal. Previously it was just 4gb base ram so what you would guys suggest?
I was thinking either the min spec mac air refur at 1.1k?
i dont really do programming but I guess a min spec mba is good for day to day usage and some photoshop?

Is there a way to add password protection to individual applications? I know there are paid apps available for this, but are there any free ways?
examples:
https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/49881/ilock
Mac App Blocker