Get the rMBP
The Air is "outdated"(no retina display etc) and the Pro is much more powerful for the future
The retina display is really worth the extra $$$
That said, the Air will be able to stream videos and browse the web smoothly(use Safari, Chrome isn't really optimised for efficiency)
Also, Apple is said to refresh them early next year in March so if you can wait![]()
I am fine with non retina display as i think generally apple screens are ok I guess?
Some of my friends are against me getting a macbook pro as it is more expensive, heavier and overpowered for casual use..and regretted getting a macbook pro..
I wonder is the user experience similar between these two macbooks. Pity that the macbook air has no retina display..it would make my decision easier
Right now my desktop is faulty so I do not have a computer....
I like to hear more advice before making the purchase..
Thank you!