My first date experience, how should I continue on?

TimsTom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2011
Messages
17,322
Reaction score
6,398
I brought a girl to raffles place for our first date. We had lunch at a chinese restaurant but I asked to split the bill instead of me paying everything. She said ok and she paynow me right on the spot.

After we finished eating I had to go to the toilet so she waited for me outside. 5 mins later after I came out I couldnt find her so I checked my phone and she said that she had to leave because of an emergency.

how should I continue from here? Do I still have chance for second date?
TS mc no go school today??
Hols over liao leh
 

TiedInsurer

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 12, 2014
Messages
6,718
Reaction score
5,314
If girl expect to treat, isnt it also a red flag that the girl is just meeting guys for free meals?
Not necessary. In fact, this is quite rare. About one in ten, by my outdated guesstimate. It's usually not worth the girl's time also. Ask yourself, do you want to spend 2 to 3 hours outside the house, with someone you don't really like, just to mooch a $40 meal? The ROI is pretty low. Only the most cheapskate of women will do this. Usually if the woman is making a foodie call, the bill will be a lot higher then $40/pax, to make it worth their effort.

If a girl expects a guy to pay, she could honestly subscribe to traditional values and traditional gender roles.

Or she could be a fake feminist out hunting for a simp to be her lifelong partner. She's genuine, in the sense that she genuinely hopes to find a life partner out of this. Just that she doesn't want a partner who will be her equal, but one who will be beneath her. Your willingness to pay for the first date is one of the signals she wants, that indicates that you will be pliable, and a possible simp candidate.
 

Encouragesome1

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2023
Messages
25,742
Reaction score
19,820
I brought a girl to raffles place for our first date. We had lunch at a chinese restaurant but I asked to split the bill instead of me paying everything
Usually if a person ask me to split bill I’m ok with it when I’m their non family, non friend. Usually coworker or stranger. If I consider the fella a friend or someone whom we are going out a second time, they split bill with me means they don’t want to see me. So
. She said ok and she paynow me right on the spot.

After we finished eating I had to go to the toilet so she waited for me outside. 5 mins later after I came out I couldnt find her so I checked my phone and she said that she had to leave because of an emergency.

how should I continue from here? Do I still have chance for second date?
A mah thinks she don’t like you you can next her and find next one but remember above thing. If you want to split bill with someone usually they know u don’t want to see them on next date for sure already.
 

Corba2001

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2022
Messages
2,113
Reaction score
1,487
Might be a CSB but can trigger so many professors / psychologist in love from EDMW...

Debating about how "asking to spilt the bill" can churn out "different thoughts"

Lac la BBFAs...
 

llx384

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2006
Messages
1,459
Reaction score
250
When will guys learn. First date always go to coffeeshop/food court/fast food. Wisdom passed down from previous generation.
 

PhantomOpera

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2022
Messages
8,729
Reaction score
17,217
Looked at the responses here and happy to know that sinkie guys are not all that calculative or cheapo! :love:

Seriously no one asked you choose an ex restaurant for first date. You can just choose a coffee place or a cheaper place la. And just offer to pay. If a girl is reasonable and not 贪小便宜type - first, she will not choose an expensive course, second she will offer to pay for her share, or suggest she pays for next meal, or suggest she pays for dessert at another place.

If she doesn’t do that, you know roughly she’s what kind of person. Isn’t it good to know early?

Don’t repeat same mistake next time and good luck!
 

Reborn

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2001
Messages
44,137
Reaction score
17,377
Not necessary. In fact, this is quite rare. About one in ten, by my outdated guesstimate. It's usually not worth the girl's time also. Ask yourself, do you want to spend 2 to 3 hours outside the house, with someone you don't really like, just to mooch a $40 meal? The ROI is pretty low. Only the most cheapskate of women will do this. Usually if the woman is making a foodie call, the bill will be a lot higher then $40/pax, to make it worth their effort.

If a girl expects a guy to pay, she could honestly subscribe to traditional values and traditional gender roles.

Or she could be a fake feminist out hunting for a simp to be her lifelong partner. She's genuine, in the sense that she genuinely hopes to find a life partner out of this. Just that she doesn't want a partner who will be her equal, but one who will be beneath her. Your willingness to pay for the first date is one of the signals she wants, that indicates that you will be pliable, and a possible simp candidate.
got such girl?
 

Encouragesome1

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2023
Messages
25,742
Reaction score
19,820
But it means she giving me chance to continue texting her
If she go back n never say see you next time or never text anything like “thanks for ur time , I’m home” something equivalent means you not even a friend nor acquaintance la.
 

TiedInsurer

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 12, 2014
Messages
6,718
Reaction score
5,314
got such girl?
Got ah. This will be the future hen-pecked husbands. Got a lot in SG. Man gives everything but will never be enough. Their creed is happy wife happy life. They have no boundaries and no red lines, and will do anything and everything to keep their wives happy, no matter how heinous it is or how humiliating it is.
 

Reborn

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2001
Messages
44,137
Reaction score
17,377
Got ah. This will be the future hen-pecked husbands. Got a lot in SG. Man gives everything but will never be enough. Their creed is happy wife happy life. They have no boundaries and no red lines, and will be anything and everything to keep their wives happy.
that is slavery, not marriage
 

TiedInsurer

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 12, 2014
Messages
6,718
Reaction score
5,314
that is slavery, not marriage
It is what it is. Many simps, in their desperation, enable this behavior. Women see that men are willing to debase themselves just to get a wife, so they start demanding for, and actually getting, such husbands.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top