My first date experience, how should I continue on?

Monstruo^

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2008
Messages
24,899
Reaction score
12,966
If a girl like a guy, she will be willing to let him spend on her because she acknowledged their relationship has moved on to official boy/girl lover status.
If a girl doesn't like a guy, but still wants him to spend on her, then she is a gold digger who is only after his money.
That's the logic. What is so diff to understand?

Above is sarcasm btw, for the EDMW who might interject while lacking context. I'm just pointing out how ridiculous Ichua6's logic is.
Not everything is black or white, or is either this or that. If she likes the person, she will let him pay, she will also not let him pay.
 

qcy888

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 20, 2019
Messages
13,689
Reaction score
17,621
I brought a girl to raffles place for our first date. We had lunch at a chinese restaurant but I asked to split the bill instead of me paying everything. She said ok and she paynow me right on the spot.

After we finished eating I had to go to the toilet so she waited for me outside. 5 mins later after I came out I couldnt find her so I checked my phone and she said that she had to leave because of an emergency.

how should I continue from here? Do I still have chance for second date?

Zero chance, but don't fret, you still have your left hand.
 

firestyle

Master Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2022
Messages
3,169
Reaction score
2,774
OIG3.jpg



CheerS!!!;)

Similar expression Lol.

bmt-recruit-face-epic-cover-1.jpg
 

Travis_Touchdown

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2010
Messages
54,644
Reaction score
13,776
I brought a girl to raffles place for our first date. We had lunch at a chinese restaurant but I asked to split the bill instead of me paying everything. She said ok and she paynow me right on the spot.

After we finished eating I had to go to the toilet so she waited for me outside. 5 mins later after I came out I couldnt find her so I checked my phone and she said that she had to leave because of an emergency.

how should I continue from here? Do I still have chance for second date?

no need to follow upz riaoz... the split bill part caused this to become gg riaoz... :s12::frown:
 

yokine3a

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2008
Messages
19,025
Reaction score
13,334
I always prefer to meet anyone in an air conditioned environment.. 🤔
Aircon env is ok if weather really hot, but hc has more varieties lor. Food court also good if it has nice food, but I won't encourage to go restaurant for first date, no point spend the money.
 

TiedInsurer

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 12, 2014
Messages
6,718
Reaction score
5,314
First dates aren’t just about time - they’re about intent signals.
Splitting the bill on a first date signals lower romantic investment, and for many women that removes any expectation to continue or follow up romantically.
Nah. First dates is mostly about signaling your principles and beliefs, to check for compatibility. You are already gracing this person with your presence. That's enough intent signal. If I don't like this lady, she won't get to have lunch with me even if she offers to pay. Same for when a lady graces me with her presence. That's enough intent signal for me.

If there is real interest from her side, there would be no need to debase yourself as her lesser who needs to pander to her to gain her favor. Unless of course there is actually a need. In which case that's a skill issue. Note that treating her to a meal because you want to, is different from treating her to a meal because you think you won't get a second date if you don't treat her. The former is part of your principles and beliefs, and that's fine. A lot of men in SG actually still have rather traditional mindset with regards to what a man should do for a lady during a date. The latter is just a desperate simp.
 
Last edited:

glarerder

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2018
Messages
61,979
Reaction score
24,312
Whether a woman allow the man to paid, TS shouldn’t be so obvious telling her to spilt bill

If she are those that choose to paid for her own she will

Is fine to request for spilt bill if among friends or acquaintance

But if is dating or someone you like I find it stupid asking for spilt

If can’t afford then dun dine in restaurant

Man ask to split bill means cannot afford?

Woman ask man to pay means she cannot afford to pay for herself also.

Period.
 

lchua6

Master Member
Joined
May 23, 2012
Messages
3,523
Reaction score
1,193
If a girl like a guy, she will be willing to let him spend on her because she acknowledged their relationship has moved on to official boy/girl lover status.
If a girl doesn't like a guy, but still wants him to spend on her, then she is a gold digger who is only after his money.
That's the logic. What is so diff to understand?

Above is sarcasm btw, for the EDMW who might interject while lacking context. I'm just pointing out how ridiculous Ichua6's logic is.

When you ask to split the bill, the girl will think that you have rejected her or that you are cheapo.
You can say it is ridiculous but you can't stop girls from thinking that.
If you really believe most girls will not think that, you are just .... stupid
 

congster2

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2007
Messages
13,268
Reaction score
5,355
I brought a girl to raffles place for our first date. We had lunch at a chinese restaurant but I asked to split the bill instead of me paying everything. She said ok and she paynow me right on the spot.

After we finished eating I had to go to the toilet so she waited for me outside. 5 mins later after I came out I couldnt find her so I checked my phone and she said that she had to leave because of an emergency.

how should I continue from here? Do I still have chance for second date?
Sounds fake.
 

TiedInsurer

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 12, 2014
Messages
6,718
Reaction score
5,314
When you ask to split the bill, the girl will think that you have rejected her or that you are cheapo.
You can say it is ridiculous but you can't stop girls from thinking that.
If you really believe most girls will not think that, you are just .... stupid
When a woman expects a guy to treat her for first date, the guy will think she is a gold digger out for a free meal.
You can say it is ridiculous but you can't stop guys from thinking that.
If you really believe most guys will not think that, you are just .... stupid

Once again, sarcasm, to point out how ridiculous this line of thought is, for those who may be lacking context.

To go more in depth:
If the girl has merely mistaken and thought you rejected her, then a follow up asking for a second date should correct that misconception. If the woman thinks you are cheapo as a result, and does not wish to date you anymore, then so be it. If there is real interest from her side, there would be no need to debase yourself as her lesser who needs to pander to her to gain her favor. Unless of course there is actually a need. In which case that's a skill issue. Note that treating her to a meal because you want to, is different from treating her to a meal because you think you won't get a second date if you don't treat her. The former is part of your principles and beliefs, and that's fine. A lot of men in SG actually still have rather traditional mindset with regards to what a man should do for a lady during a date. The latter is just a desperate simp, who chooses whether to treat, based on whether he wants to simp or not.
 
Last edited:

titusilvering

Banned
Joined
May 16, 2010
Messages
41,699
Reaction score
19,592
I brought a girl to raffles place for our first date. We had lunch at a chinese restaurant but I asked to split the bill instead of me paying everything. She said ok and she paynow me right on the spot.

After we finished eating I had to go to the toilet so she waited for me outside. 5 mins later after I came out I couldnt find her so I checked my phone and she said that she had to leave because of an emergency.

how should I continue from here? Do I still have chance for second date?
She chio boh? No pictures we hard to give our professional edmw advice
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top