ocbc 360 account

highsulphur

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2011
Messages
77,967
Reaction score
40,459
Think boc smartsaver, maybank save up are better.

Opening the boc account now for credit card and payment bonus. Will wait a while before deciding whether to transfer salary credit over.

Both accounts will get at least 2%
 

xreadx

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2013
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Hi,
I would like to ask about the payment bonus under OCBC 360 account. When it comes to setting up giro payment for bills. Does insurance giro payment fulfills the criteria ?
Thanks !
 

heng_ah

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2015
Messages
10,681
Reaction score
1,387
Hi,
I would like to ask about the payment bonus under OCBC 360 account. When it comes to setting up giro payment for bills. Does insurance giro payment fulfills the criteria ?
Thanks !

yes


10char
 

rat3dr

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2016
Messages
49
Reaction score
20
CC in which name?

Hi,

I (since recently) have a joint OCBC 360 account with my wife. Due to misinformation/mistakes on OCBC's side the account ended up with my wife being the primary account holder, no problem, or so i thought (and was told).... Our credit cards are in my name (my wife has supplementary cards of each card I have), we like to keep everything (bank acc. and CCs) as much as possible shared, for ease of administration and reduction of "clutter".

Now the problem: it seems that in my current situation, the credit card spend will NOT count towards the bonus interest goals (because acc primary in her name, cards primary in my name).. Is that true?

If so, I need to go thru a lot of paperwork/branch visits AGAIN, and the last time (getting a joint account set up), already almost made me abandon OCBC altogether...:eek:
 

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
84,917
Reaction score
2,910
Hi,

I (since recently) have a joint OCBC 360 account with my wife. Due to misinformation/mistakes on OCBC's side the account ended up with my wife being the primary account holder, no problem, or so i thought (and was told).... Our credit cards are in my name (my wife has supplementary cards of each card I have), we like to keep everything (bank acc. and CCs) as much as possible shared, for ease of administration and reduction of "clutter".

Now the problem: it seems that in my current situation, the credit card spend will NOT count towards the bonus interest goals (because acc primary in her name, cards primary in my name).. Is that true?

If so, I need to go thru a lot of paperwork/branch visits AGAIN, and the last time (getting a joint account set up), already almost made me abandon OCBC altogether...:eek:

The CC Spend should be correct since acct doesnt have your name as the joint holder but the main card holder is you..

For my case, 360 acct is under my name..CC also under my name so whatever my wife spends on the sup card would be reflected in my spend bonus.
 

luvalist

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2006
Messages
1,751
Reaction score
15
Yes, so either add your name into the account or get a sup card from her?
OCBC got sunday banking
 

rat3dr

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2016
Messages
49
Reaction score
20
The account is also in my name, but I am the secondary joint account holder... Would that work?


Yes, so either add your name into the account or get a sup card from her?
OCBC got sunday banking

FYI: adding a name to an account is NOT POSSIBLE with OCBC. You have to go and setup an entirely new account (and re-do all your GIRO, etc).
 

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Joined
Sep 13, 2013
Messages
6,960
Reaction score
118
Hi,

I (since recently) have a joint OCBC 360 account with my wife. Due to misinformation/mistakes on OCBC's side the account ended up with my wife being the primary account holder, no problem, or so i thought (and was told).... Our credit cards are in my name (my wife has supplementary cards of each card I have), we like to keep everything (bank acc. and CCs) as much as possible shared, for ease of administration and reduction of "clutter".

Now the problem: it seems that in my current situation, the credit card spend will NOT count towards the bonus interest goals (because acc primary in her name, cards primary in my name).. Is that true?

If so, I need to go thru a lot of paperwork/branch visits AGAIN, and the last time (getting a joint account set up), already almost made me abandon OCBC altogether...:eek:

The account is also in my name, but I am the secondary joint account holder... Would that work?




FYI: adding a name to an account is NOT POSSIBLE with OCBC. You have to go and setup an entirely new account (and re-do all your GIRO, etc).


Hi rat3dr,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We would like to clarify that the credit card primary holder has to be the same as the 360 Account holder to be eligible for the credit card spend bonus.

Should you require further clarifications do PM us and we'll be glad to assist.

^WX
 

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
20,330
Reaction score
7,552
We would like to clarify that the credit card primary holder has to be the same as the 360 Account holder to be eligible for the credit card spend bonus.

^WX

Dear OCBC,

Does rat3dr need to be the primary account holder to qualify for 360 account Spend bonus?
He is the main credit card holder and joint account holder of 360 acct.
Thanks.
 

agenda

Master Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2007
Messages
4,127
Reaction score
0
Hi, quick question about the 360 account.

I am crediting my salary of more than 2k so i get 1.2%, will also be charging $500 to my cc every month, can this be charged via axs credit card repayment?

Also, if my account balance increases month to month, i will get another 1%?

So if all of those work out for me, i should expect interest of 2.75%?
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Hi, quick question about the 360 account.

I am crediting my salary of more than 2k so i get 1.2%, will also be charging $500 to my cc every month, can this be charged via axs credit card repayment?

Also, if my account balance increases month to month, i will get another 1%?

So if all of those work out for me, i should expect interest of 2.75%?

Card spend bonus applies only for charging credit card (masters, VISA). This is no means for charging credit card for axs credit card repayment.

The incremental balance bonus interest applies only for the additional balance as compared to the last month.

You should also make 3 bill payment (eg min $1 to any 3 credit cards) via ibanking for another 0.5% interest.
 
Last edited:

bakbear

Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2015
Messages
262
Reaction score
0
I'm currently holding a frank account. If I can at least fulfill the salary requirement and want to switch over, I've to go down to the branch?
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
I'm currently holding a frank account. If I can at least fulfill the salary requirement and want to switch over, I've to go down to the branch?

Can apply online also http://www.ocbc.com/personal-banking/accounts/360-account.html
 

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
84,917
Reaction score
2,910
Hi, quick question about the 360 account.

I am crediting my salary of more than 2k so i get 1.2%, will also be charging $500 to my cc every month, can this be charged via axs credit card repayment?

Also, if my account balance increases month to month, i will get another 1%?

So if all of those work out for me, i should expect interest of 2.75%?

Acct balance increment interest is only on the increased amt..

Meaning if u start the month with 20k and end with 25k, only 5k counted for that extra interest..
 

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Joined
Sep 13, 2013
Messages
6,960
Reaction score
118
I'm currently holding a frank account. If I can at least fulfill the salary requirement and want to switch over, I've to go down to the branch?

Hi bakbear,

You won't be able to switch your Frank account for the 360 account.

If you would like to have a 360 account, you will have to apply for it. You could do so at any of our branches, online at https://openaccount.ocbc.com/ or via Internet Banking.

More information on our 360 account can be found at http://www.ocbc.com/personal-banking/accounts/360-account.html

^DG
 

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Joined
Sep 13, 2013
Messages
6,960
Reaction score
118
Dear OCBC,

Does rat3dr need to be the primary account holder to qualify for 360 account Spend bonus?
He is the main credit card holder and joint account holder of 360 acct.
Thanks.

Hi Squaredot,

Yes, rat3dr will have to be the primary account holder to qualify for the 360 Account Spend Bonus.

^DG
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top