Official ASUS PadFone S Thread

chewchun

Senior Member
Joined
May 1, 2010
Messages
1,201
Reaction score
1
Try to slide the sim all the way in, until you hear or feel it click. It actually locks into place like the micro SD. I also thought the sim can't be detected because I was afraid to slide the sim all the way. Later I realized there's a mechanism that locks the sim card inside. 👌

Sent from my Xiaomi Redmi Note 3G using GAGT

Tried it. read the manual and followed it also.
Tried with 2 microsim and one nanosim.
Really disappointed.unboxed it last night and send it to repair center at today 11+ am.
Hopefully they don't charge me or somehow deem that i spoiled the sim card slot...
 

yapcc

Member
Joined
May 21, 2000
Messages
310
Reaction score
0
Charging is actually pretty quick in the wireless charger, I got from 40% to 99% in about 1.5 hours. For some reason, charging wirelessly only goes up to 99%. I had it in the charger for 2 hours more but it never went up to 100%. I had to connect to the micro usb charger before it charged up to 100%. Could it be a bug? or a built in feature to prevent overcharging?

I read from the xda forum that the charging should show a constant yellow light.
Blinking light seems to indicate some error. My charger blinks when I place my phone in the dock. Perhaps mine has the bug so it doesn't charge fully to 100%.

Anyway, charging up to 99% is still fine. I still get good battery life out from my phone.
 

mikeymesina

Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2012
Messages
270
Reaction score
2
Tried it. read the manual and followed it also.
Tried with 2 microsim and one nanosim.
Really disappointed.unboxed it last night and send it to repair center at today 11+ am.
Hopefully they don't charge me or somehow deem that i spoiled the sim card slot...
Ok. Looks like you got a bad unit. Hope they fix it soon.

Sent from Asus NEXUS 7 using GAGT
 

slashiroth

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2012
Messages
570
Reaction score
4
My wireless dock have been working well. Tried for quite awhile the other day after increasing the height of the backplate. Thanks for the heads up to increase the height.
 

yapcc

Member
Joined
May 21, 2000
Messages
310
Reaction score
0
My wireless dock have been working well. Tried for quite awhile the other day after increasing the height of the backplate. Thanks for the heads up to increase the height.

Is your dock able to charge your phone up to 100%? Mine always stop charging at 99% (orange light doesn't change to green).
 

slashiroth

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2012
Messages
570
Reaction score
4
does anyone face problem with their phone auto rebooting? mine just auto reboots everyday randomly.
 

c1528351

Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2003
Messages
416
Reaction score
3
does anyone face problem with their phone auto rebooting? mine just auto reboots everyday randomly.

I been using the phone for two weeks...So far so good..no auto reboot issue...battery life much better than my previous samsung
 

slashiroth

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2012
Messages
570
Reaction score
4
It is happening on my gf's unit. Not much app downloaded. We have almost about the same apps. I did a factory reset but phone still randomly reboots. Did a Google and found out that some other users overseas are experiencing this with their ZenFone.
Thanks a lot anyway.
 

caterham7

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
6,124
Reaction score
1,899
It is happening on my gf's unit. Not much app downloaded. We have almost about the same apps. I did a factory reset but phone still randomly reboots. Did a Google and found out that some other users overseas are experiencing this with their ZenFone.
Thanks a lot anyway.
Maybe send to service centre for them to troubleshoot, while you still have warranty?
 

slashiroth

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2012
Messages
570
Reaction score
4
I brought the phone to service centre. Was told they will send the phone back for one week and I need to pay $30 for it. Has anyone who been to the service centre for their phone problem been asked to pay?
 

slashiroth

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2012
Messages
570
Reaction score
4
Updates, apparently the 2 set I bought through from the Asus web store via the CNY sale, one reflects an overseas warranty and another Singapore warranty.
 
Last edited:

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
35,313
Reaction score
7,846
Updates, apparently the 2 set I bought through from the Asus web store via the CNY sale, one reflects an overseas warranty and another Singapore warranty.

Have u already registered for their warranty b4 u went for the sevicing (of ur gf's set)?
 

ah_cleo

Master Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2005
Messages
4,055
Reaction score
27
actually jus provide proof of purchase. curious, which service centre did u went to? heard the 1 at tai seng is original by asus whereas the other is 3rd party
 

slashiroth

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2012
Messages
570
Reaction score
4
Yeah I showed them the invoice on the Asus account. Went to the one at Somerset. Didn't know there was another one handling PadFone S at taiseng. Will probably head down taiseng.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top