Official May 2017 BTO

ABuNeNe

Banned
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,967
Reaction score
53
possible to check whether still have first-timer privileges in the hdb website?
 

ablue15

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
1,914
Reaction score
31
This month no Sale of Balance flat ah? :s22:
Anyone knows when the next SoBF will be?
 

hahaedmw

Banned
Joined
May 11, 2005
Messages
16,239
Reaction score
815
there will be sobf in this upcoming may. usually sobf is along with may/nov bto.
 

queenbeelena

Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2017
Messages
193
Reaction score
0
This month no Sale of Balance flat ah? :s22:
Anyone knows when the next SoBF will be?
from hdb page: " In May 2017, HDB will offer about 4,600 flats in Bidadari, Geylang, Woodlands and Yishun. About 3,000 balance flats will also be offered in a concurrent Sale of Balance Flats (SBF) Exercise".
 

haihaiahjie

Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
221
Reaction score
0
Noob question on sobf, normally sobf is harder to get compared to bto? Will there be a wide range of places/units to choose from? Or mostly only leftover ones?

Sent from dala dala using GAGT

Yes normally SOBF is harder to get compared to BTO... then again, it's all luck lah. There will be a wide range from different estates but typically much more units in non-mature estates.

SOBF units are usually unsold units from past exercises or returned units (e.g. couples break up etc...) or it can also be existing old flats returned to HDB (probably becos unable to service loan etc...).
 

ash like snow

Master Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2014
Messages
4,247
Reaction score
19
Another question:

Will I be counted as first or second timer since it's based on time you applied?

1) I rejected once
2) I gotten Bedok horizon, appointment in June
3) I applied Tampines from Feb's launch but haven't gotten appointment date was my number was far behind

If I apply may's sobf, am I still first timer since at that time I haven't rejected Bedok's which is in June?

Sent from dala dala using GAGT
 

haihaiahjie

Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
221
Reaction score
0
Another question:

Will I be counted as first or second timer since it's based on time you applied?

1) I rejected once
2) I gotten Bedok horizon, appointment in June
3) I applied Tampines from Feb's launch but haven't gotten appointment date was my number was far behind

If I apply may's sobf, am I still first timer since at that time I haven't rejected Bedok's which is in June?

Sent from dala dala using GAGT

You are considered as first timer.
 

ash like snow

Master Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2014
Messages
4,247
Reaction score
19
Yes normally SOBF is harder to get compared to BTO... then again, it's all luck lah. There will be a wide range from different estates but typically much more units in non-mature estates.

SOBF units are usually unsold units from past exercises or returned units (e.g. couples break up etc...) or it can also be existing old flats returned to HDB (probably becos unable to service loan etc...).

Since I'm planning to reject my Bedok's, it means this is my "last chance" to apply before I turned to second timer. I'm not fond of May's plot but I'm also worried if sobf fails me...

My choice will be very limited as I'm looking at Tampines area only.. Sigh

Sent from dala dala using GAGT
 

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2000
Messages
34,529
Reaction score
2,863
Since I'm planning to reject my Bedok's, it means this is my "last chance" to apply before I turned to second timer. I'm not fond of May's plot but I'm also worried if sobf fails me...

My choice will be very limited as I'm looking at Tampines area only.. Sigh

Sent from dala dala using GAGT

Another question:

Will I be counted as first or second timer since it's based on time you applied?

1) I rejected once
2) I gotten Bedok horizon, appointment in June
3) I applied Tampines from Feb's launch but haven't gotten appointment date was my number was far behind

If I apply may's sobf, am I still first timer since at that time I haven't rejected Bedok's which is in June?

Sent from dala dala using GAGT

You are first timer status as long as you haven't reject Bedok.
 

eternal-snow

Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2017
Messages
419
Reaction score
0
the sobf may be of a diff system this year..

it could be a mix from all over Singapore and not put into groups of districts like before..
 

eternal-snow

Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2017
Messages
419
Reaction score
0
If I wanna wait for sobf's results means I've to reject bedok first. What if sobf also gone case, then I'm gone :(

Sent from dala dala using GAGT

I suggest you can apply May sobf/bto coz u will still be considered as a first timer. That way you kinda have another chance..

However, if I am not wrong, should you reject your bedok in June, you will be considered as a 2nd timer and u can't apply for a flat in a year..

If again, you reject this coming's May sobf, you will not be able to apply flat for 2 years..
 

ash like snow

Master Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2014
Messages
4,247
Reaction score
19
I suggest you can apply May sobf/bto coz u will still be considered as a first timer. That way you kinda have another chance..

However, if I am not wrong, should you reject your bedok in June, you will be considered as a 2nd timer and u can't apply for a flat in a year..

If again, you reject this coming's May sobf, you will not be able to apply flat for 2 years..

2nd timer can apply... But will be way harder to get an unit.

Sent from dala dala using GAGT
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top