Official May 2017 BTO

andycool

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2017
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Hello seniors

I applied Punggol Northshore Cove/Waterway SunriseII 4-room for Feb 2017 BTO and got a queue number of 928(total 723 units only). I was told by HDB to book a flat on 21 Sept 2017. I don't think there is good flat left by then. If I want to apply May 2017 BTO, am I consider a second timer applicant?
 

Lazpig

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2017
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
Hello seniors

I applied Punggol Northshore Cove/Waterway SunriseII 4-room for Feb 2017 BTO and got a queue number of 928(total 723 units only). I was told by HDB to book a flat on 21 Sept 2017. I don't think there is good flat left by then. If I want to apply May 2017 BTO, am I consider a second timer applicant?

You will only be considered as a second timer if you have rejected the selection of flats twice.
 

GeraldineT

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2007
Messages
1,063
Reaction score
0
Hello seniors

I applied Punggol Northshore Cove/Waterway SunriseII 4-room for Feb 2017 BTO and got a queue number of 928(total 723 units only). I was told by HDB to book a flat on 21 Sept 2017. I don't think there is good flat left by then. If I want to apply May 2017 BTO, am I consider a second timer applicant?


Still first timer.
However wait see July result for the may 2016.
 

AshleyRiot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2001
Messages
12,571
Reaction score
509
One question..

First timer and looking at either Bidadari or Dakota but leaning more on the former as its a little nearer to where I stay and also cos its classified under Toa Payoh..which is a little head scratching for me since its not exactly near TPY?!?

Anyway..What I want to know is would I qualify for the extra chance for
MCPS if I am gonna apply for Bidadari since I stay in TPY but I am not exactly within the range of the plot?!?
 

Jasonasus

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2011
Messages
22
Reaction score
1
Marsiling Grove or Woodland Spring

Both equally good. Marsiling Grove has 25-30 storey! :D

Deciding which one to TIKAM XD
 

nightawl

Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2017
Messages
152
Reaction score
0
One question..

First timer and looking at either Bidadari or Dakota but leaning more on the former as its a little nearer to where I stay and also cos its classified under Toa Payoh..which is a little head scratching for me since its not exactly near TPY?!?

Anyway..What I want to know is would I qualify for the extra chance for
MCPS if I am gonna apply for Bidadari since I stay in TPY but I am not exactly within the range of the plot?!?

If you live within 2km of the Bidadari plot, you can apply under MCPS. If it is more than 2km, even if it classified in the same area, you won't be able to apply under MCPS.

EDIT: Apparently I was wrong. If same estate it is also counted under MCPS. See post below by deskoh91 and force of nature 1985.
 
Last edited:

deskoh91

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2004
Messages
9,396
Reaction score
2
One question..

First timer and looking at either Bidadari or Dakota but leaning more on the former as its a little nearer to where I stay and also cos its classified under Toa Payoh..which is a little head scratching for me since its not exactly near TPY?!?

Anyway..What I want to know is would I qualify for the extra chance for
MCPS if I am gonna apply for Bidadari since I stay in TPY but I am not exactly within the range of the plot?!?

You may want to ask HDB about this. HDB is classifying Bidadari as part of the TPY town so they can market it as a mature estate and reduce its subsidies. A side effect of this is MCPS should work as long as your parents reside within TPY town, but ask to be sure :D

Hello all ... when will HDB release the result for BTO n Sofb ??

In recent exercises, BTO results will be released 1.5 months after applications close (ie Mid-Jul for this exercise), while SOBF will follow in 2.5 months (mid-Aug) :)
 
Joined
Apr 25, 2010
Messages
470
Reaction score
0
One question..

First timer and looking at either Bidadari or Dakota but leaning more on the former as its a little nearer to where I stay and also cos its classified under Toa Payoh..which is a little head scratching for me since its not exactly near TPY?!?

Anyway..What I want to know is would I qualify for the extra chance for
MCPS if I am gonna apply for Bidadari since I stay in TPY but I am not exactly within the range of the plot?!?



use this to know if you qualified anot.

https://services2.hdb.gov.sg/webapp/BP13BTOENQWeb/MCPS_May2017_BTO?strSystem=BTO

it is 2km or in the same estate. which means tpy shd be ok since it is the same estate

but take note that if applied successfully for MCPS, your parents cannot move away for the area for 5 yrs


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so it will be the 2 result

The blocks offered in the estate you wish to apply for are in the same estate as your parents' / married child's HDB residence or your HDB residence

or

The blocks offered in the estate you wish to apply for are within 2 km of your parents' / married child's HDB residence or your HDB residence.
 
Last edited:
Joined
Apr 25, 2010
Messages
470
Reaction score
0
Hello seniors

I applied Punggol Northshore Cove/Waterway SunriseII 4-room for Feb 2017 BTO and got a queue number of 928(total 723 units only). I was told by HDB to book a flat on 21 Sept 2017. I don't think there is good flat left by then. If I want to apply May 2017 BTO, am I consider a second timer applicant?


i believe the results will come out before the selection. so you shd apply for this May bto to see if there is a better queue number.

if have then life is good. if not then you have to see if you have time to wait for the perfect bto number to come out.


as many ppl already replied, only 2 times gave up then is considered as 2nd timer.


be sure to weight your choices. not everyone is so lucky to get a good queue number. its all depends on luck.
 

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2004
Messages
15,732
Reaction score
485
i believe the results will come out before the selection. so you shd apply for this May bto to see if there is a better queue number.

if have then life is good. if not then you have to see if you have time to wait for the perfect bto number to come out.


as many ppl already replied, only 2 times gave up then is considered as 2nd timer.


be sure to weight your choices. not everyone is so lucky to get a good queue number. its all depends on luck.

Give up more than two time is classified as 2nd timer column? Or just first timer but with lesser chance?
 
Joined
Apr 25, 2010
Messages
470
Reaction score
0
Give up more than two time is classified as 2nd timer column? Or just first timer but with lesser chance?


it is lost of first timer privilege for one year.

meaning.
- No higher proportion of flat set aside for first timer
- No extra ballot chance
- No additional chances for unsuccessful attempts


which is effectively equals to becoming 2nd timer.
 

andycool

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2017
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
i believe the results will come out before the selection. so you shd apply for this May bto to see if there is a better queue number.

if have then life is good. if not then you have to see if you have time to wait for the perfect bto number to come out.


as many ppl already replied, only 2 times gave up then is considered as 2nd timer.


be sure to weight your choices. not everyone is so lucky to get a good queue number. its all depends on luck.

Roger! Thank you for the advice!
 

nightawl

Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2017
Messages
152
Reaction score
0
use this to know if you qualified anot.

https://services2.hdb.gov.sg/webapp/BP13BTOENQWeb/MCPS_May2017_BTO?strSystem=BTO

it is 2km or in the same estate. which means tpy shd be ok since it is the same estate

but take note that if applied successfully for MCPS, your parents cannot move away for the area for 5 yrs


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so it will be the 2 result

The blocks offered in the estate you wish to apply for are in the same estate as your parents' / married child's HDB residence or your HDB residence

or

The blocks offered in the estate you wish to apply for are within 2 km of your parents' / married child's HDB residence or your HDB residence.

Ah I stand corrected, thanks for the correction!
 

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2004
Messages
15,732
Reaction score
485
it is lost of first timer privilege for one year.

meaning.
- No higher proportion of flat set aside for first timer
- No extra ballot chance
- No additional chances for unsuccessful attempts


which is effectively equals to becoming 2nd timer.

ya but when looking at the application status/rate, still under first timer ? or already second timer le
 

AshleyRiot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2001
Messages
12,571
Reaction score
509
use this to know if you qualified anot.

https://services2.hdb.gov.sg/webapp/BP13BTOENQWeb/MCPS_May2017_BTO?strSystem=BTO

it is 2km or in the same estate. which means tpy shd be ok since it is the same estate

but take note that if applied successfully for MCPS, your parents cannot move away for the area for 5 yrs


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so it will be the 2 result

The blocks offered in the estate you wish to apply for are in the same estate as your parents' / married child's HDB residence or your HDB residence

or

The blocks offered in the estate you wish to apply for are within 2 km of your parents' / married child's HDB residence or your HDB residence.

Thanks! Mine does fall under so apparently either same estate or the distance.

It still never made any sense to me why Bidadari is lumped under TPY..haha..but oh wel, not complaining if it gives me an additional chance I guess..
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top