Official May 2017 BTO

catlover24

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Messages
645
Reaction score
50
I didnt apply HLE. I was told by my banker you only need to apply for bank loan nearer to taking your keys, since I am taking bank loan.
Not sure how true.

You'll need this thing called In-Principle Approval (IPA) from the bank for your first appointment.
 

Yuanliang

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2017
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Looks like have to skip this and wait for a new bto to be launch. Nov 2017 BTO, any opinion on the location? Seems bad to me for Punggol as sea view blocked
 

arm4da

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
32,153
Reaction score
1,401
You'll not be required to pay the balance until you collect your key.

Don't count on your HLE nearer to key collection date unless you reading law/medicine.

It's astounding to see the number of people on hardwarezone being so impractical with their BTO applications.
small wonder why the dropout rate for BTO projects is relatively high, and why they offer more queue numbers than available units :s22:
 

arm4da

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
32,153
Reaction score
1,401
Signing of Agreement for Lease is done during unit selection?
:s22::s22:

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/residential/buying-a-flat/new/buying-process/timeline

process-for-buying-a-new-flat.jpg;wa17f80825b0a2a122
 

believe88

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2015
Messages
548
Reaction score
108
Hi all,

Need some help over here.

My gf has already been working for the past 3 years (continuous employment) and i am in my final year of university education. We bto-ed to maximize the amount of grants before i start work.

Question:
We can comfortably clear downpayment of 5/10% using my gf's CPF atm + fork out stamp duties with cash.
Will we be required, at this point of time, to pay the excess $$ between the flat price (assume 500k) and maximum loan amount stated in HLE (assume 275k) ?? or simply, do we have to pay 500k - 275k = 225k in cash now?

Correct me if i am wrong, our understanding is that nearer to key collection date(in a few years), our HLE will be reassessed and IF at the point of time, the maximum loan offered is 490k, we have to pay the excess of 500k - 490k = 10k during this 2nd HLE assessment.

thank you!

What grants can you get?
 

crazy37

Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2004
Messages
357
Reaction score
1
Wow.. so you managed to go through all the steps on the HDB webpage to apply for a flat, including special page that mention about loan, and still manage to ignore everything, and now come and flaunt your ignorance.

no. 10xx ... i just need 1000 ignorant pple like this in front of me and I can finally be Conan the Bidadarian.
 

Yuanliang

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2017
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Actually I got a share in a partnership company, but recently gonna submit annual return so I am also considered self employed now need pay income tax Liao. Can I submit it together with my Two other employed income statement? 😂 maybe there's abit of hope for a higher loan
 

arm4da

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
32,153
Reaction score
1,401
I tot for every 1k earn can loan 100k.... pls correct me
If I am wrong...
what do you think?

don't talk about loans, even credit card applications have a minimum income requirement...and it's definitely not 1k for 100k :s22::s22:
 

Zahlen

Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2013
Messages
174
Reaction score
2
maybe for the average joe and joette, 1k for 100k can be used as a rough gauge? I had similar quote from a bank. of course best to check directly
 

didiboogie

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2017
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
maybe for the average joe and joette, 1k for 100k can be used as a rough gauge? I had similar quote from a bank. of course best to check directly

not true. when we did the HLE a few mths ago, our combined income was $8K. max loan was 500k plus ish
 

ash_ley

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2017
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
I see.. thanks everyone :) just submitted mine and praying for the best! If only I know about it then wouldnt have switched to a freelance role .. hahah fml...
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top